Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
Avatar is more current on doctrine than I am. That stipulated, this is what I recall.

Everybody that goes to any church does works. If a person brings up religion and discusses it, the person is doing works. I believe you make far too much out of the word works. We believe in Jesus and believe we will live eternally by his grace. We believe this is the plan of God the eternal father.

We do teach about three forms of heaven. We do believe that there was a day when God was a man. Do you accept that Jesus was a man? Christian churches believe Jesus lived as a man. That he is God. I don't get your problem.

What if you were told by a teacher that there was only one human? Would that make sense?

We believe that God the creator has such awesome power that he can create Gods.

Can you think of any Christian church that teaches that God lacks the power to accomplish that?
I do not want to get into your beliefs vs. mine. As I've posted before, we have too much in common and too much in the world against us, to pick at each others' beliefs.

I do want to say one thing, though: I do not think using Jesus as an example makes the claim that God was once man automatically sensical. There is a huge difference between God sending his son, who became a man, and a man becoming God. The latter would indicate than anyone could possibly "become" God.