Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post

The guide for this trip asked the Marines to rush this dune to get an idea of what the Marines who took Iwo Jima faced upon landing. Every step you take up, you slide down and into the dune. You have to work hard to get to the top. Imagine doing that with 100 lbs on your back while being shot at and artillery raining down on you.
    Photo courtesy of Col Warren Wiedhahn USMC(Ret)
    Thanks for the refresher course. I've done everything they think they can throw at you. The Corps is ALWAYS trying to prove we are better and they put your ass through the ringer doing it. I couldn't even tell you how I survived some of that shit. Probably because I just refused to quit. I'd rather have died. You can kill me, but you ain't gonna break me.

Rain on a muddy hill is just as bad. Crap. You make a mistake you slide all the f*cking way back down.

And for info purposes, I spent my 39th birthday on Iwo Jima. I was like "yea". They forgot to bring a f*cking cake.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-24-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke