Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Tavy View Post
    Not in the DSM V. It was changed from "disorder" to "dysphoria."
    Yeah, all sorts of bizarre things happen when you have a runaway PC culture.

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

While the Obama administration, Hollywood, and major media such as Time magazine promote transgenderism as normal, said Dr. McHugh, these “policy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention.”
    Much more : http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...der-sex-change

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Tavy
    A testimonial by someone claiming service in which he parrots the usual memes is worthless. I note that he started off stating that anyone with disorders is banned from serving, and that is just flat wrong. If that were true, anyone seeing a military shrink for depression would be booted. So, having established that your "expert" doesn't know what he is talking about. Next, we can address the obvious fact that testimony about one's feelings and beliefs are worthless as evidence and that presenting such demeans the credibility of those presenting it.
    Claiming service? A quick search of John Burk will show his honorable service and the timeline if you doubt him. Further, he was a Drill Instructor in the US Army and knows first hand the task of weeding out the wheat from the chaff during the intake of raw recruits.

I think I'll take the word of an actual decorated combat veteran over your admitted lack of military experience. That seems reasonable, does it not?

What is missing here is actual evidence of harm done transgender service. Many thousands have served. I have yet to read anyone here present any quantitative or qualitative evidence of actual harm resulting from this service, let alone any analysis of NET harm vs. benefit.
    DoD removed the tranny ban just last year... I find it hard to believe that there's any accurate numbers available. Now that trannies aren't allowed again, I'd say those numbers are really going to get weird.

Given that at least one transgender became a member of SEAL 6, and given the rigorous selection process for that, the case of that soldier would seem to be de facto proof that the "condition" is not of itself disqualifying of military service at the most elite levels.
    Sorry, you're wrong.

Christopher Beck was a decorated Navy SEAL and retired from the Navy in 2011. Your precious Kristen Beck 'transitioned' in 2013. Thus, there was no transgender member of SEAL Team 6.

Obviously he has mental issues and decided he wanted to be a woman despite having a penis that clearly showed he was a male but that happened after the fact. PTSD perhaps? Latent homo tendencies? Who knows?

I get that he's receiving free press by huffing indignantly and clutching his pearls while talking to reporters about how he's being oppressed while gearing up his campaign to run for Congress, but clearly he's got a couple of screws loose and is no longer qualified for military service.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NightTrain; 07-31-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum