Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O E View Post
    So, you've read about one highly atypical trans person, and then you turn around and pontificate about "these people" and the problems "they" have?

BTW, I have read about this guy...

... and I then proceed towards musing about how white males are all mass-murderous thugs who should never be let near any kind of weapon.
    What are the percentages of trannies who are mentally unstable vs the normal people who are mentally unstable ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Let's see:

Nope. I had 30 years in a Navy Uniform to back me up. And, if you bothered to read your own paragraph above about the 14th Amendment which says "WOMEN and MEN" must be treated equally. That is true. It does not say "FORMERLY WOMEN and MEN"
    As for Truman and integration. That was NOT A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. It was a law.

Your 30 years in uniform didn't bestow upon you even a rudimentary understanding of the law or the Constitution. The 14th Amendment does not mention men and women, it just mentions "person". You made that up. The Supreme Court wouldn't look kindly at your, in effect, denying trans people their personhood. Truman integrated the armed forces by EO. Ricky already informed you about that, but you saw not fit to do your homework, and neither to correct yourself.

Finally, "That was NOT A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. It was a law." is a completely meaningless assertion. If you want to see how laws result in social experiments, you could read up on the civil rights legislation of the mid 1960s, or, if you will, read up on how Brown v. Board of Education resulted in a nation-wide social experiment.

So, everything in the above was wrong.

Do you need everything spoon-fed to you? Isn't that a bit untoward for what is supposedly a grown man?
    I'm really sorry. I should have considered your personal lifestyle might cause you to be offended with being presented the truth. You are funny though. Telling me, and other members here that everything I said above was wrong...SAYS YOU?
    You can use all of your Obama-grammar, and convince yourself somebody died, and left you the King, or Boss. Choose one.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I'm really sorry. I should have considered your personal lifestyle might cause you to be offended with being presented the truth. You are funny though. Telling me, and other members here that everything I said above was wrong...SAYS YOU?
    You can use all of your Obama-grammar, and convince yourself somebody died, and left you the King, or Boss. Choose one.
    Bruce Springsteen?

4. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Bruce Springsteen?

Why not? Sounds about right to me.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

So, you've read about one highly atypical trans person, and then you turn around and pontificate about "these people" and the problems "they" have?

BTW, I have read about this guy...

(insert far to big picture of Dylan Root here)

... and I then proceed towards musing about how white males are all mass-murderous thugs who should never be let near any kind of weapon.

um, no
    when a biological MAN thinks he's a Women that's a mental problem... as well as taking it to the, even more fantastic, next step of Dragon.

BOTH are objectively FALSE. if one seriously believes they are something they are not that is by DEFAULT mental illness.
    If someone believes they are Asian when they were born of parents of full Irish linage,
    If someone believes they are the President of the U.S. when they are a retired butcher in Mexico with a 3rd grade education living in the trailer home he calls "el Casa Blanco".
    If someone says they sincerely believe they are anything contrary to clear objective overwhelming scientific reality then there are only 2 real options.
    One, they are lying for some effect. Or 2, they have mental issues of some kind.

the current western FASHION to indulge transgender's fantasies is simply a weird social acquiesence to their mental problem.

Believing you are male or female when you are not, does NOT make you one. Any more than it makes that guy a DRAGON. period.
    Adding various physical mutilations to approximate the LOOKS of what they "feel" they are doesn't make them one either.

it's TRUE clear biological Science denying, in order not to hurt people's feelings.
    It may seem noble and kind ... or "progressive"... but it's just LYING and feeding into a mentally ill person's delusions.
    ultimately it's unkind. and makes us all a bit crazy if we seriously play along.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-30-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default If they claim to have been born opposite of their birth identity....what's to stop

So, this is for them.

8. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Adding to Boomer...

'I've gone back to being a child': Husband and father-of-seven, 52, leaves his wife and kids to live as a transgender SIX-YEAR-OLD girl named Stefonknee...

Canadian man leaves family to be transgender six-year-old girl*Stefonknee Wolscht | Daily Mail Online
    'I was born in the wrong species': Woman who says she's a CAT trapped in a human body hisses at dogs, hates water and claims she can even see better at night...
    Norway woman says she's a CAT trapped in a human body | Daily Mail Online
    I poured drain cleaner in my eyes to blind myself... “I really feel this is the way I was supposed to be born, that I should have been blind from birth,” Shuping told Barcroft Media.
    I poured drain cleaner in my eyes to blind myself | New York Post

What's the difference between the above assertions and a man claiming he's really a woman or vis versa?
    the honest answer is that there isn't any. it's just a matter of details and degrees, not substance.

Each is denying objective physical reality and expecting others to buy into their subjective personal MENTAL/EMOTIONAL delusions.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-30-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

10. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

then Add to the above the left framing gender in any way they like to fit the occasion for their purposes.

It's Dishonest.
    Choose a POV and defend it... if you can.

the sad thing is both are false.

12. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    What are the percentages of trannies who are mentally unstable vs the normal people who are mentally unstable ?
    Evidence suggests the percentage is much lower than you would find among those working in the White House.
    It's very hard not to be condescending when you're explaining something to an idiot - Bill Maher

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    A remarkable combination of a predictable, witless you're-a-tranny shot, even sadder "says you" whimper, stereotypical rightard resentment of education and articulation, and feeble cliché flinging all wrapped in a pathetic deflection that is gratuitously insulting in the way it treats others as if they are no smarter than you.
    It's very hard not to be condescending when you're explaining something to an idiot - Bill Maher

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    um, no
    when a biological MAN thinks he's a Women that's a mental problem... as well as taking it to the, even more fantastic, next step of Dragon.

BOTH are objectively FALSE. if one seriously believes they are something they are not that is by DEFAULT mental illness.
    If someone believes they are Asian when they were born of parents of full Irish linage,
    If someone believes they are the President of the U.S. when they are a retired butcher in Mexico with a 3rd grade education living in the trailer home he calls "el Casa Blanco".
    If someone says they sincerely believe they are anything contrary to clear objective overwhelming scientific reality then there are only 2 real options.
    One, they are lying for some effect. Or 2, they have mental issues of some kind.

the current western FASHION to indulge transgender's fantasies is simply a weird social acquiesence to their mental problem.

Believing you are male or female when you are not, does NOT make you one. Any more than it makes that guy a DRAGON. period.
    Adding various physical mutilations to approximate the LOOKS of what they "feel" they are doesn't make them one either.

it's TRUE clear biological Science denying, in order not to hurt people's feelings.
    It may seem noble and kind ... or "progressive"... but it's just LYING and feeding into a mentally ill person's delusions.
    ultimately it's unkind. and makes us all a bit crazy if we seriously play along.
    Well, we can go with the understanding expressed by an easily frightened Deplorable who sees transgenderism as a vast left-wing conspiracy dedicated, presumably, to robbing him of his precious bodily fluids. We can accept as credible the arguments of someone who finds validity in the logical fallacy of reducto ad absurdum arguments. Or, we can go with the professionals. Transgenderism has not been seen by the professionals as a mental illness, and DSM V does not even describe it as a disorder.

I have not looked into how psychiatric professionals describe those who become hysterical at the concept of transgenderism. trump flufferism?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Tavy View Post
    Well, we can go with the understanding expressed by an easily frightened Deplorable who sees transgenderism as a vast left-wing conspiracy dedicated, presumably, to robbing him of his precious bodily fluids. We can accept as credible the arguments of someone who finds validity in the logical fallacy of reducto ad absurdum arguments. Or, we can go with the professionals. Transgenderism has not been seen by the professionals as a mental illness, and DSM V does not even describe it as a disorder.

I have not looked into how psychiatric professionals describe those who become hysterical at the concept of transgenderism. trump flufferism?

It is classified as a disorder.

But here's what your typical military man thinks about the whole thing :

Valid points by someone who has done 2 tours of duty in Iraq and 1 tour in Afghanistan.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    It is classified as a disorder.
    Not in the DSM V. It was changed from "disorder" to "dysphoria."

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    But here's what your typical military man thinks about the whole thing :

Valid points by someone who has done 2 tours of duty in Iraq and 1 tour in Afghanistan.
    A testimonial by someone claiming service in which he parrots the usual memes is worthless. I note that he started off stating that anyone with disorders is banned from serving, and that is just flat wrong. If that were true, anyone seeing a military shrink for depression would be booted. So, having established that your "expert" doesn't know what he is talking about. Next, we can address the obvious fact that testimony about one's feelings and beliefs are worthless as evidence and that presenting such demeans the credibility of those presenting it.

What is missing here is actual evidence of harm done transgender service. Many thousands have served. I have yet to read anyone here present any quantitative or qualitative evidence of actual harm resulting from this service, let alone any analysis of NET harm vs. benefit. Given that at least one transgender became a member of SEAL 6, and given the rigorous selection process for that, the case of that soldier would seem to be de facto proof that the "condition" is not of itself disqualifying of military service at the most elite levels.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I'm generally of the opinion that anyone willing to make the sacrifices necessary to serve this country and protect my rights, my family, and even me, should be allowed to serve regardless of who they are or who they think they are (save those convicted of certain crimes), regardless of their religion or their sexual orientation.

That being said...

Whether or not a transgendered person should be allowed to serve should, in my opinion, depend on one thing and one thing only...

If they are looking towards gender reassignment procedures, are they willing to forgo said procedures until after they have fulfilled their obligations as defined under their enlistment?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Tavy View Post
    What is missing here is actual evidence of harm done transgender service. Many thousands have served. I have yet to read anyone here present any quantitative or qualitative evidence of actual harm resulting from this service, let alone any analysis of NET harm vs. benefit. Given that at least one transgender became a member of SEAL 6, and given the rigorous selection process for that, the case of that soldier would seem to be de facto proof that the "condition" is not of itself disqualifying of military service at the most elite levels.
    No such evidence is required.

• No Blacks serving together with Whites. There has to be a line somewhere that cannot be crossed.
    • No women serving. There has to be a line somewhere that cannot be crossed.
    • No gays or lesbians serving. There has to be a line somewhere that cannot be crossed.
    • No gays or lesbians serving openly. There has to be a line somewhere that cannot be crossed.
    • No trans people serving. There has to be a line somewhere that cannot be crossed.

And no, the armed forces aren't a social experiment, except when they are. As it was previously, the social experiments in all former cases went reasonably well, and the current hoopla by frightened sissies will amount to what it always was, a rearguard fight in defense of ignorance and superstition. Turns out, there's no good argument to be had for white males' disgraceful exclusionary propensities, as, over time, inclusion won in all cases, and will again once the Trumpy slinks toward the exit.

I was particularly impressed with "Stupidity should be painful" emblazoned over the man's chest. Given that you can tell experts apart from goofs by dint of the former knowing things, the latter worrying about how the Trumpy's anti-trans tweet could be used against the Trumpy, I would guess the goof wasn't quite aware of the irony.