Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
I thought euthanasia was basically "not a choice" like suicide by decision? Here's what I found out about the differences, if it applies here at all or not. Because honestly, after I read the article it did sound like there was some form of option to use euthanasia by the doctors choice and not the patients choice. But that's likely me basing that on what I assumed euthanasia was to be defined as. I thought voluntarily doing so was simply suicide, but I see I was incorrect.

I don't like any sounds of "euthanasia" and adding ANY incentive for a doctor is insanity.... who knows what people are capable of for a measly $1k

On the other hand, if someone has a terminal illness, and is found to be of sound mind, and would rather die at a certain time than suffer and die later... then I would never judge such a person.

---
I think that is the point of the laws surrounding the issue. Hopefully to create a framework that the decision can be made in to avoid abuse. I don't think the doctors are the ones to worry about, I think it's the relatives. Just as some might want mom or dad to kick the bucket some demand that Medicare pay for excess keep-mom-alive procedures.