View Poll Results: Has the inclusion of certain members brought down the property value here at DP?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I post less now and I haven't had a decent debate in weeks.

11 61.11%
  • No, I usually recieve though-provoking, smart responses from all posters.

0 0%
  • I don't give a flying f*ck.

7 38.89%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default DP used to be a fun place

I haven't had the pleasure of partaking in a decent debate on this site in over two months. Ever since the inclusion of certain spam-posting members who will remain nameless, the quality of this place has spiraled downward. It seems the purpose of DP now is to flame "libs" with baseless accusations and moronic insults. It's not fun anymore. I know who the first person to respond to this will be and I know exactly what he'll say. First, he'll insult me, call me a lib, then he'll say I'm bitter about "my party," then he'll gloat about his assumed correctness. It's a joke. Then, presumably, he'll be backed-up by his hobbled cohort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Passive-aggressive bs is just as annoying as Spam.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I haven't had the pleasure of partaking in a decent debate on this site in over two months. Ever since the inclusion of certain spam-posting members who will remain nameless, the quality of this place has spiraled downward. It seems the purpose of DP now is to flame "libs" with baseless accusations and moronic insults. It's not fun anymore. I know who the first person to respond to this will be and I know exactly what he'll say. First, he'll insult me, call me a lib, then he'll say I'm bitter about "my party," then he'll gloat about his assumed correctness. It's a joke. Then, presumably, he'll be backed-up by his hobbled cohort.
    Well, you could start with posting facts? That would be a fine place to start if you want to have a debate

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i agree with Hag. i ain't a 'lib' and some of the things that certain members post make me shake my head and go "Say what?" but you really can't have a 'debate'/exchange of ideas any more. it just seems like ppl would rather insult instead of talk about issues,make their points and go on to the next one.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Passive-aggressive bs is just as annoying as Spam.
    Hey, I asked a legitimate question about Noah and the Ark the other day and was met with paranoid aggression. It's not my fault if you've got a complex dmp.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    i agree with Hag. i ain't a 'lib' and some of the things that certain members post make me shake my head and go "Say what?" but you really can't have a 'debate'/exchange of ideas any more. it just seems like ppl would rather insult instead of talk about issues,make their points and go on to the next one.
    While some on the right here let the insults fly - I see personal attacks and insults as normal debate tactis from the lefties

I will only use them when attacked first - and I will usually let the first one slide

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    While some on the right here let the insults fly - I see personal attacks and insults as normal debate tactis from the lefties

I will only use them when attacked first - and I will usually let the first one slide
    That is, by far, the biggest load of shit I've seen all morning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    That is, by far, the biggest load of shit I've seen all morning.
    Well, Hagbard Celine may have been right - this used to be a nice place

Ronald Reagan

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Hey, I asked a legitimate question about Noah and the Ark the other day and was met with paranoid aggression. It's not my fault if you've got a complex dmp.
    It's not a complex - it's a very low tolerance for disrespectful children who poke and prod and insult and insinuate then at the very hint of somebody standing up to them they get all "Wha?? it was JUST a QUESTION!"
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a nice debate about flag burning with Yurt. Sides that can't remember any.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yea, getting back to that....... If Noah was in charge of collecting the pairs, why didn't he leave snakes, roaches, mosquitoes and those fucking brown recluse spiders off the boat?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Hmmm. Simply telling people sarcastically "Have a good cry and let it all out" doesn't strike me as much of high-level debating tool.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    It's not a complex - it's a very low tolerance for disrespectful children who poke and prod and insult and insinuate then at the very hint of somebody standing up to them they get all "Wha?? it was JUST a QUESTION!"
    Look, I know I give you a hard time about your religion, but not everything I say is a camouflaged insult. I think I do a good job of making insults obvious enough to be understood. I'll just say this: I know you're an authority on the Bible, so every now and then, if I'm curious about the text, I'll ask a question about it because I know you'll answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Yea, getting back to that....... If Noah was in charge of collecting the pairs, why didn't he leave snakes, roaches, mosquitoes and those fucking brown recluse spiders off the boat?
    I want to know how a liberal made it on board

Ronald Reagan

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Look, I know I give you a hard time about your religion, but not everything I say is a camouflaged insult. I think I do a good job of making insults obvious enough to be understood. I'll just say this: I know you're an authority on the Bible, so every now and then, if I'm curious about the text, I'll ask a question about it because I know you'll answer.

:bs: