Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    Most, if not virtually all, of the real Jew haters arent really Christians. They use that thing about Jews killed Jesus as an excuse to hate them. I mean, how can you not hate someone who murdered someone as great as Jesus? Only problem is, without Jesus going to the cross, NONE of us would be saved, and all doomed to hell, so they should actually thank the Jews for killing Jesus. DUH,,,but that takes more than one brain cell to think through on that one.
    FYI: My "I wonder" statement was not actually one of not being sure. I understand all of that. It was just throwing the thought out there sort of like, "well jeesh, I wonder if the sun is going to rise today".

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    Jews have not gained salvation and hence are not as "good" or whatever you want to call it, as Christians. CHristians are the only ones who have been cleansed clean by the blood of Jesus.
    Just curious... what do you think of this passage?

Romans 11:25-32

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
    "The deliverer will come from Zion;
    he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
    27And this is my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.
    "
    28As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. 32For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

I was reading this passage last night in my readings. It seemed appropriate here. Commentators state that the "all" in this passage does not literally mean all but rather a remnant of all ages of Jews will be saved. This to me means that the remnant spoken of here would be saved by God's grace and grace alone. However, I would be happy to find out that when God said "all" he literally meant all.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who the HELL cares.....what Ann Coulter says......?

Just like I really gave a shit what........Rosie Odonnell, Shaun Penn, Babba Walters, Babba Striendstiend, and the rest of the numb fucks said....

Goodness........gag me with a spoon...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    FYI: My "I wonder" statement was not actually one of not being sure. I understand all of that. It was just throwing the thought out there sort of like, "well jeesh, I wonder if the sun is going to rise today".

Romans 11:25-32

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
    "The deliverer will come from Zion;
    he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
    27And this is my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.
    "
    28As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. 32For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

I was reading this passage last night in my readings. It seemed appropriate here. Commentators state that the "all" in this passage does not literally mean all but rather a remnant of all ages of Jews will be saved. This to me means that the remnant spoken of here would be saved by God's grace and grace alone. However, I would be happy to find out that when God said "all" he literally meant all.

Immie
    GREAT post Immanuel!

I don't ever remember reading this part of Scripture, or it just didn't stick!

Anyway, definately something to ponder on.

Care

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ahab was the king of Israel at one point in time....it strains my credibility to think that he would be "saved" as stated in this passage.....

though God stated many times that he would always give his chosen people another chance....does that extend beyond the first coming of Chirst?.....will there be a point in time prior to the 2nd coming when Jews who worship YHWH correctly are given a revelation and an opportunity?....who knows....I do think it is incorrect, however, to consider what God states for Israel in scripture to be applied in a blanket manner to the nation of Israel.....if anything it would have to be considered as spoken on behalf of all believing Jews in the diaspora.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    She didn't "DEMAND" anything. And she's right. I think it shows her compassion. I think EVERYONE should convert to Christanity.
    And I think you ought to mind your own fucking business and keep your nose out of other people's religion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Why do you ask?

I honestly don't remember as I saw it once and once was enough as is the case for just about all movies. I would have to say that it did, but am not sure and don't really care if it did not.

Immie
    I don't go to the movies so I was just curious as to whether it was in it or not. It has to do with the point of the movie. Mel is a very over the top kind of person. From what I have heard the movie was a gross exaggeration of sadistic nature of the empire at that time in history. It was done to evoke certain emotions for the figure who was to be killed. The words attributed to Christ show that he had his doubts and he was supposedly the son of God.
    These emotions play on the previous knowledge of a person viewing to be effective. Only Christian's feel the perceived sadistic pin.
    Last edited by April15; 10-16-2007 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Forgot
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    And I think you ought to mind your own fucking business and keep your nose out of other people's religion.
    You need to have more compassion for these poor fools who have not found Christ. Your alternative damns them to hell.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    You need to have more compassion for these poor fools who have not found Christ. Your alternative damns them to hell.
    How can you be damed to a place that is ficticious?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    How can you be damed to a place that is ficticious?
    Ask the guy who created it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Ask the guy who created it.
    I can't discuss with fictitious people. My imagination is just not vivid enough to do that. If your's is, good for you, enjoy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    I can't discuss with fictitious people. My imagination is just not vivid enough to do that. If your's is, good for you, enjoy.
    Actuall they say that hell is the absence of everything that God created. So you live in His world now but not for long.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Wow - hostile much? Maybe I think YOU should mind YOUR own mind and keep your nose out of my faith.

I care about people too much to sit by and watch them suffer through life apart from their Creator. It blows. It's very sad.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The "Jews killed Jesus" argument is so stupid on so many levels. Any Christian who uses that argument needs to study up on the Crusades, then think about whether we should consider the actions of the distant past to be determinate of how we feel about religions now.
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    If you've had any concerns about the right wing in the US being totally morally bankrupt as well as un-American, good ol' Ann has finally removed all doubt.

Source
    From your source:
    "I simply asked her a question, something like, 'If the world was her way, what would it look like?' And she said something to the effect that everybody would be Christians," Deutsch told AdWeek. "I was somewhat baffled and asked if that meant there would be no Buddhists or Jews and I think her words were, 'perfected' Jews [would be OK]."
    There's no context with what he "thinks" she said, after he asked her "something like". Is this the New Media?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    The "Jews killed Jesus" argument is so stupid on so many levels. Any Christian who uses that argument needs to study up on the Crusades, then think about whether we should consider the actions of the distant past to be determinate of how we feel about religions now.
    ...but it's factually true Jesus was killed by Jews. It's sort of like saying "Native American Killed Gen Custer." Every Christian should be on their knees THANKING them for killing Christ - and christ's subsequent resurrection, allowing the christian to find God. It's a GOOD thing Christ was crucified.

And the Crusades? That's a GREAT piece of history showing Islamic nut-jobs hell-bent on killing 'infidels'
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.