Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It is not a dishonest characterization at all. True, you attack non-religious arguments that don't make sense to you, but that is not part of this argument.

You HAVE attacked Judeo-Christianity on more than two-or-three occasions. What exactly would you call your "Noah's Ark" theory if not an attack on Judeo-Christianity?
    It was an effort to show that the reliability of a "God calls homosexuality an abomination in the Bible, therefore it must be an abomination" argument is questionable based on the unreliability of the account of what God supposedly said in the Noah's Ark story. Again, it was an attack on an argument.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    I don't know..depends if it kept the alpha males happy.

By the same token, did it hurt Greece or Rome that homosexuality were accepted parts of the culture?
    reproduction of the species is more improtant than the happines of any single individual....alpha males job is to reproduce...

as for greece and rome....i would say yes it did hurt them....they went from supper power of the day to an immoral mess that got smoked by those more focused on kicking ass....i could argue that the west is rome and the middle east is about to kick our ass.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

I don't know..depends if it kept the alpha males happy.

By the same token, did it hurt Greece or Rome that homosexuality were accepted parts of the culture?
    Does either empire still exist?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does either empire still exist?
    No empires exist anymore... not a single one survived. Had to do with the impossibility of maintaining far flung occupations, ultimately resulting in defeat and loss of empire. Plus, people who are being occupied have an awful bad habit of ultimately ejecting the occupiers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No empires exist anymore... not a single one survived. Had to do with the impossibility of maintaining far flung occupations, ultimately resulting in defeat and loss of empire. Plus, people who are being occupied have an awful bad habit of ultimately ejecting the occupiers.
    there are several new empires:

china

europe

the middle east

the US

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    It was an effort to show that the reliability of a "God calls homosexuality an abomination in the Bible, therefore it must be an abomination" argument is questionable based on the unreliability of the account of what God supposedly said in the Noah's Ark story. Again, it was an attack on an argument.
    You may attack the argument, but a Judeo-Christian person, who's belief is based on faith, is not going to be daunted because there is no factual evidence that God Himself stated homosexuality is an "abomination." The Bible itself is an early form of factual evidence.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everything beyond natural instinct for survival, which includes perpetuation of the species, is a learned behavior.
    Which brings me to the question I have asked before and nobody has answered - homos actually like women but chose to bonk men - because?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

The United Kingdom is still an empire.

And both empires suffered the same fate of individuals placing self above the society/Nation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    there are several new empires:

china

europe

the middle east

the US
    An empire is defined by it's control over geographic areas not its own. What countries do China, the European Nattions, the middle eastern nations occupy?

The U.S. is closest... which is why if the course of action it is following isn't changed, it's doomed to failure like every other empire.

Again, though, Greece and Rome didn't fall because homosexuality was an accepted part of the culture.
    Last edited by jillian; 02-12-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so does common sense tell you that homosexuality is:

biologically normal

sociologically normal

moral

not a choice
    Common sense tells me:

Not a choice

Not immoral in itself, but could be part of an immoral act such as adultery just like heterosexuality.

A biological abnormality

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    Which brings me to the question I have asked before and nobody has answered - homos actually like women but chose to bonk men - because?
    I have never stated anything of the kind. Obviously if homosexuals desired women the issue would be moot.

But as you well know, there are a few environmental causes that could easily lead to homosexuality.

One is being programmed that homosexuality is okay and normal from birth. This would happen in each and every homosexual household raising a child.

Two would be defying the accepted norm of the establishment.

Three would be men who can't deal with women.

Four would be an individual experimenting and feeling trapped on a path he mistakenly believes he cannot change. You've heard the old saying: Suck one c*ck and you're a c*cksucker for life?" Once tagged, a person would feel the could not go back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

An empire is defined by it's control over geographic areas not its own. What countries do China, the European Nattions, the middle eastern nations occupy?

The U.S. is closest... which is why if the course of action it is following isn't changed, it's doomed to failure like every other empire.

Again, though, Greece and Rome didn't fall because homosexuality was an accepted part of the culture.
    Greece and Rome didn't fall because of homosexuality in and of itself, but homosexuality was a symptom of a much larger problem ... a decadent, self-indulgent society.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Common sense tells me:

Not a choice

Not immoral in itself, but could be part of an immoral act such as adultery just like heterosexuality.

A biological abnormality
    common sense tells me:

they could choose not to have gay sex but the choose to have it anyway....

moral beahviour is defined by the norm...the norm is not gay sex....just because a group of society has chosen to ignor the norm does not make it the norm....it just means society has lost its moral compas....further when brought to a vote, society votes that it is immoral by not voting it on equal footing.....you can argue that all of society is wrong and gay sex is normal....but biologically you already said it wasn't....

agree with the last one....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greece and Rome didn't fall because of homosexuality in and of itself, but homosexuality was a symptom of a much larger problem ... a decadent, self-indulgent society.
    yep....like the accepting tollerant pc crowd that doesn't keep score, play dodgeball, play tag or give out grades....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yep....like the accepting tollerant pc crowd that doesn't keep score, play dodgeball, play tag or give out grades....
    But I think that stuff is all just goofy... but it isn't going to cause the fall of the country. It's just gonna make for a lot of people who are very disappointed in real life when they go out into the world.

Can't really draw that analogy.