Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Vick gets 23 months

Well, it looks like the judge likes dogs, he went five months over what many thought would be the maximum of eighteen months. I believe the most he will get off according to federal guidelines is fifty one days. Will any NFL team want him when he's done serving his time? Will the NFL let him come back?

He's also facing state charges.

As a dog lover myself, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Vick is getting off easy.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Good to know that popularity doesn't deflect justice. This time, anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a dog lover too, but I think its a bit rediculous to jail a man for so long over killing dogs. We slaughter animals all the time for consumption, but no one wants to think about that. We live in a society where we value the life of pitbulls over that of an unborn baby. We let pedophiles roam the streets but feel we need to jail someone for setting up stupid dog fights.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow.....every other celebrity has gotten off easy....except mike tyson of course....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    wow.....every other celebrity has gotten off easy....except mike tyson of course....
    Martha Stewart got the shaft as well.

It is possible this may be fallout on all the celebrities who do get off easy.

I think Barry Bonds and his attorney had better take heed of this because they are out to get the "celebrity". We wouldn't want the court to appear to go easy on celebrities now would we?

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I gotta feeling this dipshit won't be so tough in his cell with "Tiny".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    I'm a dog lover too, but I think its a bit rediculous to jail a man for so long over killing dogs.
    He tortured them too, and did it repeatedly over a period of years. That's what they really got him for.

To me, the puzzle is not why his sentence was so long. It's why sentences for the other things you mentioned, are so short.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .....................

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Well, it looks like the judge likes dogs, he went five months over what many thought would be the maximum of eighteen months. I believe the most he will get off according to federal guidelines is fifty one days. Will any NFL team want him when he's done serving his time? Will the NFL let him come back?

He's also facing state charges.

As a dog lover myself, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Vick is getting off easy.
    While in jail they need to torture him like he did those poor dogs. It takes a really evil man to do something like that. If you look at him in his pictures you see a cold and evil person. 23 months? he should have gotten six times that much. I hope they hit him with state charges as soon as he is close enough to get out of prison so he has to do more time. I also think he should have a lifetime ban from the NFL.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...................

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    I'm a dog lover too, but I think its a bit rediculous to jail a man for so long over killing dogs. We slaughter animals all the time for consumption, but no one wants to think about that. We live in a society where we value the life of pitbulls over that of an unborn baby. We let pedophiles roam the streets but feel we need to jail someone for setting up stupid dog fights.
    He didn't just slaughter them he tortured them. He also didn't slaughter them for consumption he slaughtered them to be a bad ass infrount of his dog fighting friends since god knows he didn't need the money.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .....................

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Martha Stewart got the shaft as well.

It is possible this may be fallout on all the celebrities who do get off easy.

I think Barry Bonds and his attorney had better take heed of this because they are out to get the "celebrity". We wouldn't want the court to appear to go easy on celebrities now would we?

Immie
    Martha Stewart got off easy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Martha Stewart got off easy.
    Like heck she did. They made an example out of her. She didn't do anything that those who had prosecuted her would not have done if they have not done it. They went after her because of who she was. Had it been a nobody like me, they would not even have spent the time investigating the "crime". It was a high profile case that the prosecutor expected to become famous over and he ruined her life for his 15 minutes of fame.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Vick deserves to be very scared and very uncomfortable for his entire jail sentence.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ....................

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Like heck she did. They made an example out of her. She didn't do anything that those who had prosecuted her would not have done if they have not done it. They went after her because of who she was. Had it been a nobody like me, they would not even have spent the time investigating the "crime". It was a high profile case that the prosecutor expected to become famous over and he ruined her life for his 15 minutes of fame.

Immie
    Insider trading is nothing? You know what when you go from being an Illegal to getting your American Citizenship then you can come talk to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Insider trading is nothing? You know what when you go from being an Illegal to getting your American Citizenship then you can come talk to me.
    The punishment she received was not appropriate for the crime she commited. I didn't say it was nothing. Put your glasses on and try reading what I wrote. The point is that they made an example of her, the prosecutor saw fame and fortune and that was the ONLY reason behind the prosecution of Martha Stewart.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    To me, the puzzle is not why his sentence was so long. It's why sentences for the other things you mentioned, are so short.
    Its not just that. To me putting someone in prison is a pretty big deal. You're essencially saying that that person is so dangerous to society that he must be locked up away from the public. Vicks treatment of his fight dogs was really bad, but does that make him a threat to society? If you want to make him 'pay for his crimes' then fine him. Fine him alot of money. It just seems like a whole lot of wasted tax dollars to keep this man locked up, as if he were some sort of threat to the rest of us...all while shitbag murderers and rapists often get off scott free due to our joke of a justice system.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.