Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Yes, he should, IMO. Any candidate should distance themselves as much as possible from any semblance of racism, regardless of the consequences.

By immediately coming out and saying it again, and again, and again, until every major news outlet is reporting his unequivocal rejection.
    saying it in a nationally televised debate isn't good enough?

McCain might very well condemn the KKK - as Obama has repeatedly condemned Farrakhan - and all politicians should.... but no politician is going to say "IF you belong to the KKK or sympathize with them in any way, do NOT vote for me". Won't happen. All votes taste alike and count alike.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .....................

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post

McCain might very well condemn the KKK - as Obama has repeatedly condemned Farrakhan - and all politicians should.... but no politician is going to say "IF you belong to the KKK or sympathize with them in any way, do NOT vote for me". Won't happen. All votes taste alike and count alike.
    Obama wouldn't completly turn on old Louis, he played his words and got caught.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Obama wouldn't completly turn on old Louis, he played his words and got caught.
    he already has completely turned on him. numerous times.

I am gonna put you back on ignore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All votes taste alike and count alike.
    Exactly. Everything pouring out of the candidates mouths now is bullshit.
    One has to read between the lines and look way deeper to determine anything that may represent the truth about them and how they would act in the role of President. The rest is all marketing gimmicks.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Again, having watched every minute of the debate last night, his rejection came across as reluctant and wishy washy, and only after he was pressed by Hillary. He avoided the word "reject" until he was pushed. In the end, I suppose it is good enough, but I would have preferred he come out on his own, not long after Farrakhan's endorsement, and said something.

I guess I'm just hardcore when it comes to racism, I would have great respect for the politician who did take this stance. I do, however, completely understand your point, though I do not like the reality.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm agreeing here. I think it's absurd to do that.

I also think it's absurd to think Farrakhan was going to endorse anyone else.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I'm agreeing here. I think it's absurd to do that.

I also think it's absurd to think Farrakhan was going to endorse anyone else.
    Yeah, sometimes reality sucks.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

again..vigorously condemning Farrakhan is all he can do. What exactly is he supposed to "reject"? Farrakhan's compliments? He's condemned the guy numerous times previously.

Now, if Farrakhan had offered his support or urged his followers to work on Obama's campaign, there would be something to "reject".... until them, condemnation is really all he can do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

again..vigorously condemning Farrakhan is all he can do. What exactly is he supposed to "reject"? Farrakhan's compliments? He's condemned the guy numerous times previously.

Now, if Farrakhan had offered his support or urged his followers to work on Obama's campaign, there would be something to "reject".... until them, condemnation is really all he can do.
    I hear you. Ultimately you are right. I guess I just would have liked to have heard him denounce the endorsement earlier. I felt he tacitly approved by not saying anything at all. The politician's way, I suppose. Not just him, all politicians.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

unless i missed it, he never really said that he rejected him and every thing. just that he renounced what he said about jews. nothing about the man or his racism at all. just what he publically said. and i agree with HJ, he only did it when pressured and Clinton gave the example where she rejected the endorsement from a whit activist person. not renounced what he said, but rejected the support.

atleast that is what she says.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    unless i missed it, he never really said that he rejected him and every thing. just that he renounced what he said about jews. nothing about the man or his racism at all. just what he publically said. and i agree with HJ, he only did it when pressured and Clinton gave the example where she rejected the endorsement from a whit activist person. not renounced what he said, but rejected the support.

Farrakhan didn't OFFER any support. Tough to reject what isn't there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .....................

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post

Exactly.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I think the interesting question is, what is it about Hussein Obama that a racist jerk like Farrakhan finds so appealing? He must see some commonalities of their policies and values.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 02-27-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I think the interesting question is, what is it about Hussein Obama that a racist jerk like Farrakhan finds so appealing? He must see some commonalties of their policies and values.

Maybe the color of his skin???
    "The United States military could stay in Iraq, maybe 100 years, and that would be fine with me"

John McCain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I think the interesting question is, what is it about Hussein Obama that a racist jerk like Farrakhan finds so appealing? He must see some commonalties of their policies and values.
    I would say Farrakhan appreciates how Obama has energized the black community and the white community as well.