Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    Kennedy did save us all in the cuban missile crisis. the world was close to being on the brink. and the commies blinked.
    I'll agree, he got us out of a crisis he'd created by the Bay of Pigs. He was learning though, give him that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'll agree, he got us out of a crisis he'd created by the Bay of Pigs. He was learning though, give him that.
    agreed. he scared the crap out of Castro with that invasion. so Castro screamed for help from Moscow. and fuse was lit !!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

agreed. he scared the crap out of Castro with that invasion. so Castro screamed for help from Moscow. and fuse was lit !!!!!
    Just imagine if he'd backed up those he sent to slaughter?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Kennedy and his bro Bobby were young and ambitious and wanted to change the world. get rid of the Mafia, communism, poverty etc. they had a lot on their plates. but they created a lot of enemies. maybe they just bit off more than they could chew. I was in HS when JFK was shot. I remember Castro was scared to death the US would blame him for it. and invade. and the soviets were deathly afraid the US was gonna lauch a nuke attack on them. its said that Khrushchev was so terrified he order his car to take him to the the US embassy and made sure the US knew he was not involved. now those were the days................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Kennedy and his bro Bobby were young and ambitious and wanted to change the world. get rid of the Mafia, communism, poverty etc. they had a lot on their plates. but they created a lot of enemies. maybe they just bit off more than they could chew. I was in HS when JFK was shot. I remember Castro was scared to death the US would blame him for it. and invade. and the soviets were deathly afraid the US was gonna lauch a nuke attack on them. its said that Khrushchev was so terrified he order his car to take him to the the US embassy and made sure the US knew he was not involved. now those were the days................
    I was in 2nd grade and don't remember Castro or Khrushchev reacting like that. I believe I remember Khrushchev attending the funeral, but could be wrong on that. I do know I told my mom that 'the guy that killed Kennedy was shot', she was crying and doing something in the kitchen and thought I was seeing something from the first shootings, she was shocked when she found out I was following it and turned of the television for quite a while.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I was in 2nd grade and don't remember Castro or Khrushchev reacting like that. I believe I remember Khrushchev attending the funeral, but could be wrong on that. I do know I told my mom that 'the guy that killed Kennedy was shot', she was crying and doing something in the kitchen and thought I was seeing something from the first shootings, she was shocked when she found out I was following it and turned of the television for quite a while.
    well that was really shocking for a 2 yr old. parents protected their kids from violence back then. I suspect someone from the USSR attended??? hmmm. not sure.
    the info I post I heard on a TV documentary years ago. but it makes sense. they would assume they would be blamed ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

well that was really shocking for a 2 yr old. parents protected their kids from violence back then. I suspect someone from the USSR attended??? hmmm. not sure.
    the info I post I heard on a TV documentary years ago. but it makes sense. they would assume they would be blamed ?????
    Hopefully a 2 year old wouldn't have been watching when Oswald was taken out. It was pretty disturbing at 7. (2nd grade). I'm really not clear on how the communist countries reacted, but it's pretty vivid that Khruschev came to the funeral.