Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This little child has me wanting to stroll into the local public high school and beat the fucking piss out of the first civics/current affairs teacher I ran into, chances are better than 90% he/she would be hoisting the same unfounded and unfactual views upon his students.

Lib, you think Chris Columbus was a bad guy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LN, I can see what you're trying to do, and it doesn't make you edgy, smart, clever, or 'cutting edge.' What it makes you, is an ignoranus. You come onto the board, insult a flag that some of our ancestors fought and died for, try to tell us how racist we are for not being ashamed of it (though not as bad as Gabby), then, to prove your point, you take a symbol that some of us have personally fought and died for, then desecrate it, as if to equate the desecration of a symbol that several generations have bled for to the symbol of a fallen nation that one generation bled for. You have gone far over the edgy. Your analogy is stupid and wrong, not to mention a personal insult to me and everyone who has ever fought for this country.

Under the first ammendment, you have the right to do whatever you want to the flag, but that also means you can weave a fine tapestry of profanties in front of a group of toddlers. It doesn't make it right. Now, seeing as how you won't see any reason in this argument and are instead determined to thumb your nose at us to see all of our neanderthal reactions just so you can retire back to your ivory tower, secure in the idea that you are above and and more enlightened than we unwashed masses who would be so offended over a bit of cloth, I'm going to ensure that your non-right of having your foolish view be heard. This is the last you will hear from me to you until that thing goes down. It's not even worth it to neg-rep you. You'd probably see it as a badge of honor.

I don't think you hate America. I don't think you wish us all harm. I don't think you would intentionally aid our enemies. I think you're a sophomoric idealist who thinks that lines are there to cross, that no cow is too sacred, that you are somehow more enlightened than the rest of the world, and that it is your job to educate the rest of us. I've been there. I know what it's like, and as I look back, I was just some stupid kid who had been decieved by my own delusions of superiority. You have a lot yet to learn, and the more you learn, the more you will realize you don't know. Until then, you need to show your elders respect and realize that they've been there, too, and they know what you will one day figure out.

P.S. Pale, as a member of this board, I respectfully request that you not direct post such graphic pictures without warning. I was scrolling through the thread and nearly puked. I wasn't as shocked as when I saw LN's 'justification' for the avatar, but I was quite disgusted. There may be a day when I see such scenes up close and personal, but It's not something I take any pleasure in, nor do I think it's necessary in this context.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LN reminds me a bit of me when I was her age. More hell-bent on going against the flow, solely for the sake of being different, not because I actually truly believed it all. I would go against something, just for the argument and being noticed as the 'rebel' or other voice. It was a subconscious way of getting attention, though many times it ended up being negative attention, not what I wanted, but I didn't understand why. I was outspoken on many issues, though I don't think I really fully understood them, because I would say my opinion based on what I thought would be the ideal solution for a more Utopian-like society (the many years of liberal indoctrination clearly successful) rather than common sense or even for the common good, and those opinions ended up contradicting themselves, or just downright unrealistic, now that I look back. But I was young and didn't know better.

From my observations, I see most liberals as either needing some sort of acceptance into a group or wanting to be looked up to or seen as the 'rebel' thus getting the spotlight when you didn't agree with the mainstream way of thinking because it is seen as cool to rebel on anything at that age-that feeling that maybe someone or even more than one person will look at you as cool because you go against the flow. It was seen as very uncool to be conservative in your beliefs. Republicans were supposedly the money-stealers from the poor, and always wanted to raise taxes, etc.

I'm probably rambling, but I hope I made the point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lay off the age thing. Through the mouths of babes... If not religious, then give it up. Older is not always wiser.

As to the flag:

Let me ask you this (all):

If this flag, this symbol burns or is hoisted upside down, will this destroy our country?

At summer camp, the rule was never, ever, drop the flag. NEVER. They did. The flag still went up. What say you?

As to making the flag a point:

LN: You make your rainbow flag and expect all to accept it. Yet, you will not accept the VERY flag that allows you the VERY freedom to post here with the upside down flag.

You have a right to protest, no doubt. The greatest leaders are those that have joined the people, not pissed them off as you so love to do. To bring together, there must be forgiveness. There must be understanding.

Yurt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    LN, I can see what you're trying to do, and it doesn't make you edgy, smart, clever, or 'cutting edge.' What it makes you, is an ignoranus. You come onto the board, insult a flag that some of our ancestors fought and died for, try to tell us how racist we are for not being ashamed of it (though not as bad as Gabby), then, to prove your point, you take a symbol that some of us have personally fought and died for, then desecrate it, as if to equate the desecration of a symbol that several generations have bled for to the symbol of a fallen nation that one generation bled for. You have gone far over the edgy. Your analogy is stupid and wrong, not to mention a personal insult to me and everyone who has ever fought for this country.

Under the first ammendment, you have the right to do whatever you want to the flag, but that also means you can weave a fine tapestry of profanties in front of a group of toddlers. It doesn't make it right. Now, seeing as how you won't see any reason in this argument and are instead determined to thumb your nose at us to see all of our neanderthal reactions just so you can retire back to your ivory tower, secure in the idea that you are above and and more enlightened than we unwashed masses who would be so offended over a bit of cloth, I'm going to ensure that your non-right of having your foolish view be heard. This is the last you will hear from me to you until that thing goes down. It's not even worth it to neg-rep you. You'd probably see it as a badge of honor.

I don't think you hate America. I don't think you wish us all harm. I don't think you would intentionally aid our enemies. I think you're a sophomoric idealist who thinks that lines are there to cross, that no cow is too sacred, that you are somehow more enlightened than the rest of the world, and that it is your job to educate the rest of us. I've been there. I know what it's like, and as I look back, I was just some stupid kid who had been decieved by my own delusions of superiority. You have a lot yet to learn, and the more you learn, the more you will realize you don't know. Until then, you need to show your elders respect and realize that they've been there, too, and they know what you will one day figure out.

P.S. Pale, as a member of this board, I respectfully request that you not direct post such graphic pictures without warning. I was scrolling through the thread and nearly puked. I wasn't as shocked as when I saw LN's 'justification' for the avatar, but I was quite disgusted. There may be a day when I see such scenes up close and personal, but It's not something I take any pleasure in, nor do I think it's necessary in this context.

along with reading this, I suggest she sees 'The Patriot' with Mel Gibson. While the base storyline is fictional, the fight and the war portrayal is by far the most accurate of the Revolutionary War, as has been said by many historians and critics. It will give her a good picture of what the people who fought for the freedom of this country went through.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen it, shown last year in US history.

We watch a lot of movies. We were soldiers is what we're on now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    I've seen it, shown last year in US history.

We watch a lot of movies. We were soldiers is what we're on now.
    no wonder your appreciation for your own country is lacking... Your teachers have you watch movies -mostly made by liberals- instead of having you do actual work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We do plenty of work to. A homework or bioboard every week. Current event every 2 where you bring in a news story write a page on it then discuss in class. Plus notes and lecture.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But you just said you watch a lot of movies. Unless you have 1.5-2 hour classes, you would have to span these movies over a period of a week or two. How does that leave time for lectures? Even then most newspapers are liberally slanted, so how can you even get actual facts when they leave out just enough to make you think what they want you to.

How about doing an interview at the local VA hospital and talk to some actual veterans about what your opinions are, and see if you don't change them? You'll learn more from these men and women than you will ever learn in a government-funded liberal-indoctrination classroom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We spend half of the class on notes/lecture then the other half on the movie. The other stuff is all homework you do outside class.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So your watching "We Were Soldiers". It's a very good movie. A little hollywooded up But I give them an 80 for accuracy. That's what I did when I was over there. Not that particular battle but many like it. You are able to burn the flag or do anything else you want with it because of people like me. Who you obviously have no respect for. Shame on you. You should show this thread to your parents and see what they think of what your doing.

It's still a free country so do as you will. Can I do anything to stop you, no. But I will cease responding to your posts from now on until you apologize to me and every other veteran on the board. You want to be treated like a little kid I will do so by ignoring you from now on.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    disrespectful..

And I find it's hopeless trying to talk to you..

You might want to check out..

Du underground...
    Their all on your level...
    She has, where do you think she saw the, oh so creative, way to display our nation's symbol? She is a child without any thoughts of her own, she thought her homo flag was pretty so she used that for awhile without having a clue what it meant, I'm sure she has no idea what she is saying with this flag either.
    Last edited by Sitarro; 03-10-2007 at 06:54 AM.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it had been the flag of St George or the Union Jack I would have been livid.It has nothing to do with politics it is a symbol of a nation, if you burn the flag of any country it is guaranteed to have the desired effect, which is to incite anger and hatred.Muslims do it all the time, which is bad enough, but to have a fellow countryman burn his own flag is unbelievable to me.I imagine if you tried it in public you would be beaten to death before the flames went out.
    I see you have changed it to an upside down flag now...whats next, a shit smeared flag?
    Take it down.........NOW.......not in a weeks time or whenever you fucking feel like it, you are offending everybody, not just Americans..........take the fucker down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    If it had been the flag of St George or the Union Jack I would have been livid.It has nothing to do with politics it is a symbol of a nation, if you burn the flag of any country it is guaranteed to have the desired effect, which is to incite anger and hatred.Muslims do it all the time, which is bad enough, but to have a fellow countryman burn his own flag is unbelievable to me.I imagine if you tried it in public you would be beaten to death before the flames went out.
    I see you have changed it to an upside down flag now...whats next, a shit smeared flag?
    Take it down.........NOW.......not in a weeks time or whenever you fucking feel like it, you are offending everybody, not just Americans..........take the fucker down.
    ...I'll...be...damned...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Well you may not have depending on the war you fought. Just because the government supports a war doesn't mean it's for the good of the people.
    And just because some people oppose a war does not mean it's good for the country....

LN, I don't care what avatar you choose to display but know this: if you fly a pirate's flag, you can damn well expect other ships to try to sink you without mercy. If you fly a pirates flag and are not really a pirate you will be sunk all the same.

Make no mistake, symbols have meaning and they are desecrated because they do have meaning. One who does such things should do so knowing that there are repurcussions. That some find your avatar offensive may make you happy, but you also have to be willing to suffer the exact reaction or worse that you hoped to generate.