Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On a serious note.....

Anyone who wants to get rid of the red can go down to the bottom left of the page and change it back to default. So if the red is all you don;t like .... you don;t have to look at it.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I love the header like I said previously and the red looks great but it messes with my brain. I think because its such a drastic contrast it causes something of a split focus for me. It almost makes me nauseated. I'll try it again when I'm not tired and see if it gets any better.
    I'm trying to find a blend of a darker red that isn't sore on the eyes, like a blood red. I can deal with this one for now....

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Great new colors Jim. I love the red boarders, and the new header
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    I like it Jim, this color of red is better.
    Thanks to you 2!

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    OK....here it goes.

I have chosen to wait until others chimed in. I recommended so many changes I guess ...or.....ideas, whatever, I wanted to wait and see what everybody else thought.

I think: (drum rolls)

- Still not enough "liberal" looking stuff on the front. Too military.....I love the military and love the Constitution, also love Mt. Rushmore, no problem there but it still screams "conservative" website. Just my opinion.

- The work is very nice. The red is a bit bright, it's funny.....I liked it when I first logged on but after a while it got "bright".

- The header also doesn't show any women. I realize one can't depict woman these days in any capacity except wearing a hardhat and running a construction crew, sitting at the head of a corporate lunch table, etc,.;.; or it is politically incorrect, meaning of course that we can;t show women in the kitchen cooking dinner or anything. I wouldn't think of something so demeaning as to suggest women would want to cook dinner for the family, don;t get me wrong. I realize the liberals would be all over us. Not that I care.

- My ideas of making the site a bity more "liberal looking" were for the obvious reasons. Frankly I love the header and think it looks grrrrreeeeaat!!!! I do think we should have women on the banner. I think we should put a barefoot....pregnate...long haired women that looks like June Clever with an apron on the banner shown washing dishes with a stove in the background. LOL
    Emmett, your extensive feedback has not been ignored or overlooked. The pictures you see up there now are certainly not permanent. I will certainly toss a few of your ideas in there. While I can change them easily at any time, I'd also like to have some finality to the header. I'll let you know as anything changes.

On a serious note.....

Anyone who wants to get rid of the red can go down to the bottom left of the page and change it back to default. So if the red is all you don;t like .... you don;t have to look at it.
    Also, if you go into your user control panel, then choose "edit options", the last choice on this page is what style you would like to use. If you prefer the blue borders, choose "default" and you will always see the blue when logged in.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Emmett - clear your temporary internet files and reload, let me know what you think of the 2 pictures I changed.

This goes for everyone else as well, but I made the changes based on Emmett's feedback.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Emmett - clear your temporary internet files and reload, let me know what you think of the 2 pictures I changed.

This goes for everyone else as well, but I made the changes based on Emmett's feedback.
    Dude...what are you doing...shes CLOTHED!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that is exactly what I was referring to. Excellent work. Now we have a banner that speaks to alot of hats.

Thanks for the kudos Jim>
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not that I am getting a fat head or anything but I do have just one more suggestion.

The banner is now superb.....LOOKS GREAT! However if there could be two more boxes to the outside, (move the American Flag and capitol out of course to ends but put in two more pictures) one on each side.

One would have....... a picture of some guys standing around at a construction site, maybe a couple of them of different persuasions all wearing hardhats or something

The other would be a picture of a truck driver , maybe with his wife (co-driver) standing in front of their truck. Truck drivers are a huge....HUGE....chat site patronage group and I would like to lure them. We have some truck drivers on here to debate things with them and could possibly even have a trucking thread for them all to debate different issues on between themselves. There are alot of armchair politicians in trucks, both left and right, would be a good lure I think.

How about a law enforcement thread too / EMT ? Firefighter / etc,....

A picture of them could come up only on that thread?????? Maybe a firefighter carrying a kid, a cop, an ambulance and some pictures related to their profession,etc,...

Again...just sounding off. I love designing stuff man, this has really stimulated my interest big time! Problem is I am a technodummie, I can think of it.....just can't do it and need a pro to make it happen. Obviously Jim found a pro.........

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it's your board Jim.... you do what makes you happy, and my guess is, that a board owned by a happy owner will attract interesting people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    it's your board Jim.... you do what makes you happy, and my guess is, that a board owned by a happy owner will attract interesting people.
    Thanks, Virgil. Do you spit or swallow?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Thanks, Virgil. Do you spit or swallow?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Not that I am getting a fat head or anything but I do have just one more suggestion.

The banner is now superb.....LOOKS GREAT! However if there could be two more boxes to the outside, (move the American Flag and capitol out of course to ends but put in two more pictures) one on each side.

One would have....... a picture of some guys standing around at a construction site, maybe a couple of them of different persuasions all wearing hardhats or something

The other would be a picture of a truck driver , maybe with his wife (co-driver) standing in front of their truck. Truck drivers are a huge....HUGE....chat site patronage group and I would like to lure them. We have some truck drivers on here to debate things with them and could possibly even have a trucking thread for them all to debate different issues on between themselves. There are alot of armchair politicians in trucks, both left and right, would be a good lure I think.

How about a law enforcement thread too / EMT ? Firefighter / etc,....

A picture of them could come up only on that thread?????? Maybe a firefighter carrying a kid, a cop, an ambulance and some pictures related to their profession,etc,...

Again...just sounding off. I love designing stuff man, this has really stimulated my interest big time! Problem is I am a technodummie, I can think of it.....just can't do it and need a pro to make it happen. Obviously Jim found a pro.........
    A-hem... perhaps a teacher? LOL! Maybe a nerdy guy at his computer, smoking cigs and wearing pajamas?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Maybe a nerdy guy at his computer, smoking cigs and wearing pajamas?
    You been watchin' me?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    You been watchin' me?
    All over you!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    All over you!
    Damn, need to close the blinds...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Still loads on the left for me on two different puters.

I also lose remote connections with other puters if I sign in here. That never happened with the old Banner..I guess the new one takes more memory?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Damn, need to close the blinds...
    You are hot. Wife should turn hose on you.