Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    He should LISTEN to the advice of all of his advisors and, based upon their input and his own judgment, make the decision by himself. Isn't that what you would want ANY president to do?
    I'm sure he's spending countless hours doing a lot of "critical thinking" on the issue.

I have no doubt he will come up with an ingenius plan to lose the war. His whole campaign was built on the anti-war movement and he blasts the US in every international speech he gives (like today's). He detests the military, and everyone in the military knows it. He could care less if they lose in Afghanistan. He'll see it as a way to raise his poll numbers throughout the world.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    I'm sure he's spending countless hours doing a lot of "critical thinking" on the issue.

I have no doubt he will come up with an ingenius plan to lose the war. His whole campaign was built on the anti-war movement and he blasts the US in every international speech he gives (like today's). He detests the military, and everyone in the military knows it. He could care less if they lose in Afghanistan. He'll see it as a way to raise his poll numbers throughout the world.
    Are YOU in the military? Have you ever BEEN in the military?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are YOU in the military? Have you ever BEEN in the military?
    Yes I have been.

In my current job I work side by side with Army soldiers that get deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I have been.

In my current job I work side by side with Army soldiers that get deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
    and they ALL feel that the president detests them?

I keep in close contact with many of my former shipmates and classmates still on active duty. Very few of them have such an attitude about our President.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

You know at one point I thought Obama was the man to vote for, then I listened to that nut job Hilliary talking about how her name isn't Hilliary Rodham Clinton if she doesn't have the troops out of Iraq and back home within one month of taking office , well we all know what a whack job she is, but then they played Obama's response, he promised to have them out with in 3 months, but he wasn't bringing them home he was sending them to the REAL war in Afghanistan,I knew then he was as full as shit as Hilliary just not quite as stupid, Well we are still in Iraq so there is #1 lie, but if he couldn't get us out of there and send the soldiers to the REAL war what the hell is the question about sending others to Afghanistan?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    You know at one point I thought Obama was the man to vote for, then I listened to that nut job Hilliary talking about how her name isn't Hilliary Rodham Clinton if she doesn't have the troops out of Iraq and back home within one month of taking office , well we all know what a whack job she is, but then they played Obama's response, he promised to have them out with in 3 months, but he wasn't bringing them home he was sending them to the REAL war in Afghanistan,I knew then he was as full as shit as Hilliary just not quite as stupid, Well we are still in Iraq so there is #1 lie, but if he couldn't get us out of there and send the soldiers to the REAL war what the hell is the question about sending others to Afghanistan?
    Yup, funny how you don't hear liberals like MFM screaming about Obama lying about pulling the troops out. Obama quickly adopted the policy of Bush once he got into office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yup, funny how you don't hear liberals like MFM screaming about Obama lying about pulling the troops out. Obama quickly adopted the policy of Bush once he got into office.
    I don't think he had any choice but to do so, he lied all threw his campaign and idiots like MM ate it all up, and now won't admit the man is a liar

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep in close contact with many of my former shipmates and classmates still on active duty. Very few of them have such an attitude about our President.
    Let me put it this way: I don't "keep in close contact" with active duty, I work with them every day for 8 hours. I don't go around talking about the President to all of them (we usually have more important things to do), so I can't answer your question, but I can tell you I never hear any praise about him. They are military and Obama is their CNC, so they can't come out and say too much. When we civilians talk about Obama policies they laugh in agreement how rediculous Obama's policies are. Its well understood that this is going to be just like the Clinton years, where the military just need to keep their mouth shut and nose to the grinder and ride the storm of yet another slackjawed liberal CNC.

When I served it was mostly under Bush (but I did join during the Clinton years), and I remember vividly how upset the older military people were that Clinton gutted the military the way he did. How he willingly threw military commanders under the bus for HIS mistakes in policy. Didn't see any of that attitude during the Bush years, most people liked Bush as a CNC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Was that on the Good ship Lollipop ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are young men and women already on the ground in that hellhole, and six thousand more scheduled to be deployed before the end of this year. The generals have told him that they need more troops on the ground or the mission will be a failure.

It takes time to move troops.....I still say he needs to stop waffling, either pull them out and issue ultimatums or move them in using numbers significant enough to make a difference. He didn't say anything about taking off time to scratch his head and rethink the program throughout his campaign. He was elected because people thought he was decisive and surefooted. I'm not seeing that.....sorry....I'm seeing someone who is uncertain and lacking confidence so much that he thinks he has to hawk the happy friendly news show circuit to reconnect with his adoring public. His adoring public is shrinking....there are a few rare liberals who have kids stationed over there too.

here is another video from before the election.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vpCBpTbEds&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vpCBpTbEds&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>