Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

evolution would be proven wrong, and yet the more we find, the stronger the case gets
    if that's all it takes the existence of God is a sure thing.....I can't imagine all the times seculars thought they had proven God didn't exist......
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I believe you may be missing something here.....we have a fused pair of chromosomes.....this results in our having two less chromosomes than primates.....whichever chromosome had happened to be "fused" would have been the "exact" base pair, neh?......

there is no significance about this being the pair that is fused, nor does it somehow lend more credence to the argument that it's just "shit just happens" instead of "intelligently designed"......
    ...If we have 2 fused chromosomes, where we have chrom 2 all other apes have 2 and (i think its) 14. If we did not have 2 and 14 fussed we would be fine, as it happens they are.If there were anything else like a chromasome not found in other apes, without the exact genetic coding then it would prove evolution wrong, as it happens we do have the exact coding.

And if you accept that chromosomes can fuse in nature to create new ones, you are accepting evolution.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

so, at best #2 shows that evolution hasn't been disproven, but it takes us nowhere in the direction of proving that creation didn't happen....are we agreed or do you still want to flail around a bit.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    And if you accept that chromosomes can fuse in nature to create new ones, you are accepting evolution.
    see post #14.....
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

du'h.....it certainly would be odd to argue it would have happened if he didn't want it to.....
    It would not be odd, its only odd if you believe that a creator designed everything in their image. If you follow evolution its perfectly natural and expected.

there may be many reasons.....primarily, perhaps the fusion is step he needed to take to cause his program to produce "humans".....when you boil everything else away the difference between the claim that humans evolved in a Darwinian fashion instead of being created is simply this.....did it happen over eons in a trial and error fashion and simply end up where it did in serendipity......or was it made to happen, in which case it could have happened in a single gestation or it could have happened over a period of time....the key isn't how, the key is whether.....
    Ah, maybe this is where the Neanderthal card comes into play, that step was needed to make humans, and yet what separates us from Neanderthals? Allot biologically, but little physically and mentally.

And anyway, its a creator, it can do anything it wants, why chose to do something that will make it look like things evolved?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

lol, you've never read Forbidden Archeology, have you.....there have been tens of thousands of fossils found in the wrong place at the wrong time.....
    No, i have not, i shall do some research on the book.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Noir;415874]As this was brought up in another thread i thought i would post this up for anyone who believes evolution is a hoax or that there is not proof of it,

Two 10 minute videos that prove evolution via Neanderthal DNA, Chromosomal fusion, Retroviral DNA and Summation.

Given this is one of the most important theories (of the the most important) in biology if you believe it does not exist and are not willing to spend 20 minutes of your life dispelling your own ignorance then you are choosing to be blind to science, but i wouldn't think any of you guys would do that.

QUOTE]

Great video's Noir, Thank You for posting them, that was a very corncise presentation.

Although recent dna sequencing, (the human genome was sequenced in 1999), has greatly helped us understand life on Earth, this theory does not disprove the theory of intelligent design.

I actually think it makes it more likely.

Anyone who goes out on a dark night and marvels at the obvious order of the universe can't help butt ponder how such a well ordered structure from the tiniest particals to life itself cums from random chaos.

Respectfully, JR

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

so, at best #2 shows that evolution hasn't been disproven, but it takes us nowhere in the direction of proving that creation didn't happen....are we agreed or do you still want to flail around a bit.....
    Not only does it prove predictions made by evolution. It shows that if there is a Creator, then the creator has gone out of their way to make it look like evolution is happens, and yeah i wouldn't be too ashamed if i was being fooled by a god.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    Great video's Noir, Thank You for posting them, that was a very corncise presentation.

Although recent dna sequencing, (the human genome was sequenced in 1999), has greatly helped us understand life on Earth, this theory does not disprove the theory of intelligent design.

I actually think it makes it more likely.

Anyone who goes out on a dark night and marvels at the obvious order of the universe can't help butt ponder how such a well ordered structure from the tiniest particals to life itself cums from random chaos.

Respectfully, JR
    You are bringing to the floor the issue of complexity, i.e. we are to complex not to have been created, i have talked about this in other threads, i will put a link to that here.

Better than that, here was a short video i made for another website to start a discussion on the complexity issue, the examples raised point to the kind of thing you think, and the question raised is one i would like to hear your answer to -
    Last edited by Noir; 03-18-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    That wasn't a joke. Look at any deformed kid and its obvious that God makes mistakes, or what some see as mistakes. Others call them tests, sort of a cross for that individual to bear. Yours is closed-mindedness. What that individual does with the cross determines his final outcome. If that outcome is heaven, then the cross is turned in for perfection, and if not...
    So your just handed a disability and you are expected to deal with it and if you don't deal with it as a wonderful person you go to eternal punishment. That sure sounds like a fair and loving god too me. Here's your three ton cross, carry it proudly, you can thank me for it later.

Our character and personalities are shaped by our experiences.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    So your just handed a disability and you are expected to deal with it and if you don't deal with it as a wonderful person you go to eternal punishment. That sure sounds like a fair and loving god too me. Here's your three ton cross, carry it proudly, you can thank me for it later.

Our character and personalities are shaped by our experiences.
    Most folks with disabilities handle it quite well, along with their caregivers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are bringing to the floor the issue of complexity, i.e. we are to complex not to have been created, i have talked about this in other threads, i will put a link to that here.

Better than that, here was a short video i made for another website to start a discussion on the complexity issue, the examples raised point to the kind of thing you think, and the question raised is one i would like to hear your answer to -
    I can't hear the video.

Since it is only two minutes why not just state your posiition?

Complexity is part of the intelligent design issue, as chaos from inception begats more chaos.

Order does cum from somewhere. JR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

its only odd if you believe that a creator designed everything in their image
    unless you have been careless with your research you are aware that isn't what Christianity teaches about creation.....

Ah, maybe this is where the Neanderthal card comes into play, that step was needed to make humans
    does that not contradict your point about Neanderthals?.....that science shows they are not related to humans?.....better to ask, how does evolution explain the fact that there are no lines of beings that are NOT DNA based.....why, as conditions changed over the years, did we not see competing life forms spring up....even unsuccessfully, and leave fossil remains?......

And anyway, its a creator, it can do anything it wants, why chose to do something that will make it look like things evolved?
    the answer is simple....they don't look like they evolved....that is simply the assumption that those who don't want to accept the existence of God have been left with after they reject the simplest explanations.....
    ...full immersion.....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    I can't hear the video.

Since it is only two minutes why not just state your posiition?

Complexity is part of the intelligent design issue, as chaos from inception begats more chaos.

Order does cum from somewhere. JR
    Gah, sorry bout the sound,

I found the thread http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=25219

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It shows that if there is a Creator, then the creator has gone out of their way to make it look like evolution is happens
    ????....so, one possible explanation of why God created the way he did is that it was the easiest way to achieve the results that he wanted to achieve (a simple nudge of one chromosome pair)......another is that he desired to deceive the poor atheists so they wouldn't fall in to the trap of believing in him.....

Occam's Razor, anyone?.....
    ...full immersion.....