Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
I think I hear where your coming from. You had some baptist teachings then after your exposure to other religions you decided the Bible was generally wrong but had somethings of minor value but you now understand right, wrong, god and spirituality by your own inner guidance system, revealed after long extensive study. At this point you feel sorry for others whom you feel don't have your clear inner light and seem forced to plod along under the whip of words from old books and spiritual founders that make threats and promises that you now clearly understand to be false but still, somehow, "informational".

ok

---------------------

I'm talking about universal realities. Truths that stand whether we believe them or not. Not personal notions of "truth".

We can cordially disagree on what a particular truth is but we both cannot honestly claim that our contradictory ideas are BOTH true at the same time.
Unless we are willing to acknowledge that the "spiritual" world or talk is purely and totally imaginary and has no bearing on reality other than some personal mental conditioning. But reality demands (and you live out daily) that if your body is Miami today at noon est your body is not in Hong Kong at the same time. That if Jesus, on real wooden cross, spoke on a certain Day to the thief on the wooden cross next to him and said that "today" he would be with him in paradise. That their real souls went to real destination called paradise. or not. And Jesus brought his soul back into a resurrected body 3 days later, in fact and reality. Or not. But only as a curious idea and mental goad into good deeds. And that your own inner guides to spiritually (what ever those ideas may be now) are true in reality. or not.

If that's not the case and we each have our own realities, then how can you be sure your not just talking to yourself right now and i'm not just a figment of your own reality that begins and ends with you. or that the world didn't begin yesterday or won't begin until tomorrow (whatever that is). that this is just a spiritual hologram with no meaning what so ever and this whole conversation is meaningless life and death are meaningless love and murder are as real as the wind in an Asian ink drawing?

foprtyuerg ptn wpryn- kwrypnk pgkb k sptk wy kmgfnyn pypnen pynk 9yk 9yky k0y y9n k9ynk 9y0,etyj &9)--g-6587 787 78hjto50l0 005lbpd pjp
Rev ... I admire you for knowing your way and why you are following your path. I think I'll take a different one.....perhaps we'll meet someday....or not.