Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post

What the fuck are you talking about, you idiot? Issue a challenge on any topic where your position is the opposite of my listed one.
    So you agree with me on that one - you're a forum whore?

You're so gullible, McFly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But here's your chance to vindicate yourselves...anyone ready?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Y'all suck worse than I thought.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This should help...

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've come to realize that the central problem of this board is that even though I can spank any one of your asses and routinely bust the balls of any dumb bitch or son of said bitch who tries to beat me (), you're surrounded by other idiots already entrenched in their views as much as you are in yours
    This makes no sense. You are claiming a problem with the board, then go on to claim you can "spank any of our asses" (I assume to mean beat any of us in a debate), and that you can bust the balls of anyone who tries, but the problem of the board is that some members won't change their views no matter what facts they are faced with? Am I summarizing this incorrectly? Did you ever stop to think maybe others here feel that it's YOU who won't change any of your stances in the face of facts? It mostly comes down to one's perspectives and points of view - unless of course you are asking a question like what is 2+2 - where there is obviously a correct answer and an opinion cannot change that. Sounds like you feel you are superior to everyone on this board. It's a free country, but don't take too much time patting yourself on the back, while you write cool looking paragraphs with grown up words - but that has nothing to do with "right or wrong" or who can win a debate. You can write 200 paragraphs about illegal immigration with words that I might spend days looking up in the dictionary - and I can reply with - "We live in a country with laws, and we have a very clear immigration policy. If you don't follow it, you are here illegally. If you don't like said laws, write your representatives and do what you must to change these laws". - My bet is that the overwhelming majority would agree with me and not your long winded fancy schmancy words that mean nothing without our laws. And no, I will not have a debate with you on this, so don't bother asking.

...so I am hereby issuing an open challenge to anyone and everyone to engage me in a one-on-one debate in any relevant political topic here, where an entire assortment of judges can review and comment.
    You start off by insulting the entire member base here, and then expect these people to take time out of their lives to engage you in some sort of debate? Maybe it's just me, but you might have been better off going to to debate discussion forum and mention a few subjects you would be interested in debating, act like half of a human being, and you might get a few more bites. Then again, your attitude since you've been a member here might have turned off one too many members.

I issue personal attacks because you do, mockingly criticize because you do, and adopt an arrogant air because some people are just too damn stupid to deserve anything else. But here's your chance to vindicate yourselves...anyone ready?
    Believe it or not, I can agree with you here. I try to remain calm, civil and mature when debating/discussing with others. But as soon as someone acts like a schmuck, I return the favor ten fold. But quite honestly, I VERY rarely ever see you making any posts here without trying to belittle someone.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I already tried this, and spent a fair amount of time reading through material you provided, but you then decided that I was too stupid for you to bother to reply to, I'm assuming you still think the same.
    Last edited by Noir; 09-27-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I VERY rarely ever see you making any posts here without trying to belittle someone.
    Hmm, too!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

/notices a puddle around Agno's feet and decides he started the pissing match without us.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You [Agna] are claiming a problem with the board, then go on to claim you can "spank any of our asses" (I assume to mean beat any of us in a debate), and that you can bust the balls of anyone who tries, but the problem of the board is that some members won't change their views no matter what facts they are faced with? Am I summarizing this incorrectly? Did you ever stop to think maybe others here feel that it's YOU who won't change any of your stances in the face of facts? It mostly comes down to one's perspectives and points of view - unless of course you are asking a question like what is 2+2 - where there is obviously a correct answer and an opinion cannot change that.
    Putting Agna's personality aside, the fact is that this intractability is practically a pandemic across the whole forum.

At least 70-80% of the regular posters here will never actually defend a point they make or attack an opponent's point in any kind of logical way. They will just repeat denials (or stoop to name-calling) no matter what kind of counter-argument they're faced with. Nearly every thread gets spoiled by this pattern. Drive-by posting and political spammers are a major problem as well. All in all, it comes down to an overwhelming majority of posts that add no value to the topic.

If you are interested in more serious debate around here, I would recommend holding the members to stricter rules that foster it.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

the problem is, there so seldom is anything presented by the left that's worth looking at twice.....if YOU are interested in serious debate, post something worth discussing.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the problem is, there so seldom is anything presented by the left that's worth looking at twice.....if YOU are interested in serious debate, post something worth discussing.....
    Thank you for being the first to prove my point.

(Besides, you've seen many threads in which I discuss topics like the civilized person I am. You even tried to participate in one.)
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    Thank you for being the first to prove my point.

(Besides, you've seen many threads in which I discuss topics like the civilized person I am. You even tried to participate in one.)
    there's a difference between being civilized and being interesting.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Soo
    Debate.org

hows that work? you debate they decide?

I'm not really interested in debate for debate sake. I've got pretty strong opinions on a lot of issues but I'm willing to bend and admit facts and logical points. A few other here do that as well. From what I've seen so far your not one of them.

But if you start a thread here one day that I have the time and interest in it we can take it to debate.org and may the best logic and facts win.

uh, I get the impression that your a very strong political partisan (Utopian Communist?) , when i say that i mean you seem to hold a political point of view in a place where others put a religious faith. You quote the luminaries of you political position like I quote the Bible. I could be wrong but that's the air you give. And that my friend is a weakness. NO political or economic system is complete or close to perfect in an of itself. At least in the way you seem to think. I say that just to say.. your faith is misplaced if you think your political views can't be assaulted and crumbled. And no amount of erudition makes up for a bad argument, shaky foundation and disconnects from reality.

But you know, if others vote on debates or something over there how about just taking that bit where you asserted Conservatism is = to or leads to racism , i replied to your post, to the logical grounds you based it on, and you lost, but of course you disagree. You added to your bad logic text from Stormfront intellectuals and some left wing psychiatrist or psychologist if i remember correctly. Both unbiased and reliable? I don't think so.

I'd be interested in seeing the reply debate.org has to that one.

Anyway maybe later.
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-30-2010 at 10:53 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    Putting Agna's personality aside, the fact is that this intractability is practically a pandemic across the whole forum.

At least 70-80% of the regular posters here will never actually defend a point they make or attack an opponent's point in any kind of logical way. They will just repeat denials (or stoop to name-calling) no matter what kind of counter-argument they're faced with. Nearly every thread gets spoiled by this pattern. Drive-by posting and political spammers are a major problem as well. All in all, it comes down to an overwhelming majority of posts that add no value to the topic.

If you are interested in more serious debate around here, I would recommend holding the members to stricter rules that foster it.
    The majority of political forums are all the same. Most have their views and will not bend. Many will ultimately lead to harsh words if the other fails to agree with their POV. I defy you to find a political site where members have a habit of changing their stance once they hear the opposing persons POV. Such is the life of debating politics. Each will think they are the winner and each will think the other person is unreasonable and a hack. That's why I tend to side with those who present FACTS, in a mature and legible manner, free of flaming and citations to backup their assertions. Even with all of that - most that oppose STILL won't change their POV or agree with the other party.

Making stricter rules to make EVERY debate/thread free of flames/insults/personal jabs - will lead to a decline in membership. Members want to say what they want to say - without censorship. Do you know how many times in the past 7 years I have been called a nazi, simply because I wanted some ground rules to make this a more friendly place, and actually had the audacity to enforce those rules?

It's up to members to police themselves, place users on ignore that can't debate worth a damn & hold themselves to standards better than their opponent. You will NEVER find perfection on a political debate forum.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock