Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hello all,

came from another board, however haven't posted in a while due to my job. Logged on recently and there was too much stupidity and nonsense going on.

Heard a few of the people I enjoyed speaking with came over here so wanted to check it out.

My party affliation is get obama the hell out of office as soon as possible

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew2382 View Post
    hello all,

came from another board, however haven't posted in a while due to my job. Logged on recently and there was too much stupidity and nonsense going on.

Heard a few of the people I enjoyed speaking with came over here so wanted to check it out.

Welcome aboard.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Welcome aboard.
    thanks gunny, good to see you again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

thanks gunny, good to see you again
    Same goes. It's been awhile.

Little more laid back and lots less clowns to deal with here.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

hello all,

Welcome
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I'm one of those damn liberals....

...but my beliefs vary. I was a liberal in Fairfield county, CT, a conservative to my firends at the EPA in Washington DC (where I worked in the Climate Change policy division), and I'm a liberal again in northern Indiana.

I'm here to provide some liberal pushback to my buddy fj, who is white haired far beyond his years. At 49, I am merely starting to grey my curly locks.

So here I am. I will piss off some and become the hero of no one. I hope I can contribute with my acquired years and what may or may not pass as wisdom to some or all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ConHog is in the house.

Some of you know of me, most of you don't. For those unfortunate who have not met my blessed self before; allow me to introduce myself.

I am 40 years old and retired after 22 years of full time service with the Arkansas National Guard. I served in Iraq both in 1991 and again in 2003. I do not deserve, nor want, your thanks for doing so. I did what I felt I had to do. The last 10 years of my service outside of a few deployments I worked in the drug interdiction field. Yes, I was the dreaded scumbag drug cop. LOL. I mention my military background merely to inform some as to how some of my opinions of have been formed, not because I think that people who do or have served are better than anyone else.

The Con in my name stands for Constitutional, because I love the COTUS, not for conservative for I do have many conservative beliefs, but I also have some more liberal ones. The Hog in my name stands for the Arkansas Razorbacks whom I love to root for.

I have a couple of degrees in history, and look forward to discussions in those areas, as well in various other topics.

Nice to "meet" everyone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hi Newbies

Andres, Kart, and Hog welcome to DP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    ConHog is in the house.

Some of you know of me, most of you don't. For those unfortunate who have not met my blessed self before; allow me to introduce myself.

I am 40 years old and retired after 22 years of full time service with the Arkansas National Guard. I served in Iraq both in 1991 and again in 2003. I do not deserve, nor want, your thanks for doing so. I did what I felt I had to do. The last 10 years of my service outside of a few deployments I worked in the drug interdiction field. Yes, I was the dreaded scumbag drug cop. LOL. I mention my military background merely to inform some as to how some of my opinions of have been formed, not because I think that people who do or have served are better than anyone else.

The Con in my name stands for Constitutional, because I love the COTUS, not for conservative for I do have many conservative beliefs, but I also have some more liberal ones. The Hog in my name stands for the Arkansas Razorbacks whom I love to root for.

I have a couple of degrees in history, and look forward to discussions in those areas, as well in various other topics.

Nice to "meet" everyone
    Welcome aboard.

Behave.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome aboard.

Behave.
    Hiya Gunny, you know me. I'm always nice. Until it's time to not be nice anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Welcome aboard.

Behave.
    Why should he be different?

Welcome, KartRacer and ConHog.

Nomex underwear optional.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

I think he's wanting to avoid a nuclear apocalypse of biblical proportions.

and I don't wear underwear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

Just a preemptive strike.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    ...but my beliefs vary. I was a liberal in Fairfield county, CT, a conservative to my firends at the EPA in Washington DC (where I worked in the Climate Change policy division), and I'm a liberal again in northern Indiana.

I'm here to provide some liberal pushback to my buddy fj, who is white haired far beyond his years. At 49, I am merely starting to grey my curly locks.

So here I am. I will piss off some and become the hero of no one. I hope I can contribute with my acquired years and what may or may not pass as wisdom to some or all.
    Welcome aboard. Not sure you're going to give fj much pushback if you use the same or like assumptive arguments you've already tried on me. But you're more than welcome to try.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post

Welcome! I'm only a few short miles from FF county, here in Westchester County. Did you live there long?

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    ConHog is in the house.

Nice to "meet" everyone
    Welcome, Mr. Hog. Might I ask what branch of the military you served in? I like to apply an image next to each vets name here to acknowledge their service. If you don't mind, of course.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock