Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    who a sailor sleeps with, as long as it is not an officer is his business, as far as the vast majority of naval officers I have ever known care about it.
    I suppose you'd have no problem then, with a soldier who had intercourse with his Dog or cat? Or a child?

I respectfully disagree with your viewpoints on homosexuality and find them uninformed in the extreme. I am not asking that anyone get special treatment...and no gay soldier/sailor/airman/marine is either...only that they be allowed to serve their country like anyone else. What, pray tell , is special about that?
    Because I am prevented from having relations with WHOMEVER I wish, too. Straight soldiers are not allowed to sleep with ANY woman they claim to 'love' or even 'lust after'. Both straight and Gay soldiers are prevented, according to the UCMJ from sex with minors, sodomy, and other harmful practices.

You'd have those who are afflicted with homosexuality be coddled, instead of treated.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kind sir, we need to agree to disagree... your attitudes about homosexuality are so troglodytic and abhorrent to me that I really find continued communication with you on this subject impossible.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

kind sir, we need to agree to disagree... your attitudes about homosexuality are so troglodytic and abhorrent to me that I really find continued communication with you on this subject impossible.
    I'm sorry you can't back-up your position. What I'm speaking about morale and service and homosexuality are absolutely, fundamentally correct. Live in your rainbow-colored world. I'll stick to the realities of existance.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'll stick to the realities of existance.
    like your "homosexuality is a symptom of a person in pain" whppoer?

you could try backing that up with some peer reviewed research.

But I won't hold my breath.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bringing minors into the discussion is disingenuous....just like bringing sodomy.... heterosexual couples have anal sex too... are you suggesting that we throw men from the military for doing their wives up the butt?

the fact is.... Straight soldiers are allowed to sleep with ANY woman they claim to 'love' or even 'lust after' in any way that civilians are. Gay soldiers should not be discrimiated against.

and here we have a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who shares MY opinion on one side, and you who think that homosexuality is merely a "sympton of a person in pain" ....

I think I'll stick with the general's opinion over yours

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In other words "i'm getting my as kicked on homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists and i'm getting out of the conversation". There I fixed it for ya.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    In other words "i'm getting my as kicked on homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists and i'm getting out of the conversation". There I fixed it for ya.
    not quite. I have a fundamental disagreement with this person about whether or not homosexuality is a sickness or a regularly occurring human condition. So, I tell you what.... you don't put words in my mouth and I won't put words in yours....

how's that work for you, big shooter?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

not quite. I have a fundamental disagreement with this person about whether or not homosexuality is a sickness or a regularly occurring human condition.
    ALL Sickness is 'regularly occurring in the human condition'...Ever get a flu shot? Know anybody with Cancer? Homosexuality probably kills as many people as Cancer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

not quite. I have a fundamental disagreement with this person about whether or not homosexuality is a sickness or a regularly occurring human condition. So, I tell you what.... you don't put words in my mouth and I won't put words in yours....

how's that work for you, big shooter?
    Well fundamentally you are wrong. You do realize that the APA in 1973 removed homosexuality from its list of treateable disorders not because they disagreed with it being treatable but because of enormous political and financial pressure from queer rights groups.

Do you think its normal to want to bugger your buddy in his bunghole?

BTW you do know that an overwhelming percentage of Americans disagree with your view as witnessed by the vote tallies in states that voted on queer marriage, right? But I guess we are all bigoted and misinformed.....what a friggin elitist!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MFM

Don't worry too much and Darin and OCA...their distain for homos borders on th pathelogical and makes you wonder if there are underlying reasons for it..

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    MFM

Don't worry too much and Darin and OCA...their distain for homos borders on th pathelogical and makes you wonder if there are underlying reasons for it..
    that wasn't necessary, was it? Seriously...that's the shittiest conclusion I've ever read. I've never stated anything like "I hate homosexuals".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    MFM

Another brilliant and educated post by Gomer. That argument is the last refuge of the illiterate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Well fundamentally you are wrong. You do realize that the APA in 1973 removed homosexuality from its list of treateable disorders not because they disagreed with it being treatable but because of enormous political and financial pressure from queer rights groups.

Do you think its normal to want to bugger your buddy in his bunghole?

BTW you do know that an overwhelming percentage of Americans disagree with your view as witnessed by the vote tallies in states that voted on queer marriage, right? But I guess we are all bigoted and misinformed.....what a friggin elitist!
    gosh...I wonder how you are so aware of the inner deliberations of the APA over a third of a century ago.

And please recall, kind sir, that one of the foundations of our form of government is not only the RULE of the majority, but the rights of the minority.

I have no idea what it might feel like to be a gay man. I have no idea if I were a gay man, what I would think about the various ways of expressing intimacy with my partner...but I certainly think that, if I were a gay man, that I would consider those sorts of decisions to be abso-fucking-lutely NONE of YOUR business. That's pretty clear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

gosh...I wonder how you are so aware of the inner deliberations of the APA over a third of a century ago.

And please recall, kind sir, that one of the foundations of our form of government is not only the RULE of the majority, but the rights of the minority.

I have no idea what it might feel like to be a gay man. I have no idea if I were a gay man, what I would think about the various ways of expressing intimacy with my partner...but I certainly think that, if I were a gay man, that I would consider those sorts of decisions to be abso-fucking-lutely NONE of YOUR business. That's pretty clear.
    And I would agree that if people CHOOSE to be queer and just want to live their lives as they see fit then so be it......but thats not what its all about, is it?

Its about legitimization of their perversion of choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Straight soldiers are not allowed to sleep with ANY woman they claim to 'love' or even 'lust after'. Both straight and Gay soldiers are prevented, according to the UCMJ from sex with minors, sodomy, and other harmful practices.
    and here's a tip...if you dishonorably discharged every soldier who got a blowjob from the service, the Iraq war would be over tomorrow.