Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
Hey it works for you doesn't it? I joined a gym for $20 a month. Had treadmills and home gyms and all that crap but they just collected clothes. This time I was determined to make it work so I joined a gym close to home because it forces me to get off my fat ass. I go right after work on my way home. It's too easy for me to get lazy at home. Having said that, one of the reasons I am liking the crossfit is that I don't have to be in the gym to do it. Once spring hits, I will be spending weekends on my boat and can do crossfit at the park 100 yards from the marina.
Last time I used a gym other than home, I was deployed. I was just glad the MEU Commander was a bigger fitness nu than I am. We called hn "the Duke". He was me with power. Heaven forbid. Anyway, here we are on a rolling ship. No I'm 5'10 200 lbs. The Duke was about 6'4", 250. I cranked 345 on the bench press. He shows up out of nowhere and says, " not bad for an old man, Gunny". Then proceeds to warm up with my weight. He did 8 reps with 345. I was like, "asshole". And he was older than I was.

I insulted my CO when I retired because I had the Duke haul his ass up from San Diego to retire me. I was like, why do I want someone I haven't deployed and served with retire me?