Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    I wish we had more gay and lesbian posters, more people of color, more liberals here. I wish you were happy.
    Have you EVER gone to a site that is predominately black?? If not maybe you should go hang out at one for a while and see what they think of you as a white person or even a white gay person. Guarantee you its NOT favorable!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Heck WS I will give you a very typical "black oriented" website. www.destee.com Try that one for a while, oh and be sure and announce yourself as a gay white person who feels their pain!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Reminds me of Iran. People think we hate gays here because we want marriage to remain between a man and a woman. Try being a queer in Iran or Saudi Arabia and see how long your head remains on your shoulders.
    Well, we aren't in Iran. And I don't think 'hate' applies to those who choose to meddle in the affairs of others.

Typically, it's more about not wanting to get one's own house in order...choosing to meddle in the affairs of others.

It'd be best if the personal affairs of 'others', stayed personal. I keep hearing about 'small govt', yet I don't see any evidence of same by those making the most noise about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I see. Not welcome in the neighborhood am I? This is NOT a very diverse board and you know it.
    On the contrary, this is a VERY diverse board, with viewpoints from every point of the compass, wide ranges of experience, and vastly differing attitudes.

You seem to have achieved the difficult feat of saying such silly, twisted, ridiculous, and insulting things to so many of them, that you have managed to unanimously disgust and drive away EVERY one of these highly diverse members, regardless of their viewpoint or background.

Now, whose fault do you suppose that is?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

BTW, I haven't read the whole thread, since it seems to have turned into yet another WindSong everybody-is-being-so-mean-to-me whinefest.

But does it contain anywhere, an explanation why this small Ugandan fringe group is suing a bunch of foreigners for something Uganda's own legislature did?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    Well, we aren't in Iran. And I don't think 'hate' applies to those who choose to meddle in the affairs of others.

Typically, it's more about not wanting to get one's own house in order...choosing to meddle in the affairs of others.

It'd be best if the personal affairs of 'others', stayed personal. I keep hearing about 'small govt', yet I don't see any evidence of same by those making the most noise about it.
    Well the way I see it the folks who are for the gay marriage are meddling in MY and others houses don't you think. They are by the very effort to change the meaning of marriage throwing their agenda in the house of everyone that does not agree with their stance. Last I checked it wasn't the folks against gay marriage bringing the legislature forward, it is the gays demanding a law be passed, so who is seeking MORE govt? the gays or the ones opposed? Who makes the most nois about gay marriage? most who are opposed to it don't even mention it UNTIL the gays start demanding marriage rights, so who's making the noise???

When a person RESPONDS to an attack on their fundamental beliefs that is not them making noise that is them defending their beliefs the ones DEMANDING are the ones making the noise and meddling in others affairs, or do you only see the ones opposed to gays marrying as the ones in the wrong??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Wait, hold the presses. Murder and oppression in Africa?*

White white white. Straight. Right wing. Christian. Predominantly.
    Are we still talking about Uganda?
    No, I don't know, but I can from your views how white bread they are.
    I'm a whole wheat guy.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Are we still talking about Uganda?

I'm a whole wheat guy.
    I just had an egg sandwich on pumpernickel.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I just had an egg sandwich on pumpernickel.
    Pumpernickel huh... Love me an egg sandwich; never tried pumpernickel before. I used to bake my own bread; pumpernickel had to cook for over half a day.

Did you here about the African themed party; there's no food and you have to walk 12 miles for water.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99