Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    'Law is not the answer, education is' Now why would you take from that, that i mean 'Education should be mandated by law/forced by government?''
    Law/Government is *not* the answer. An educated citizen is.

Will the educated citizen make bad choices? Ofcourse, and when they do, who cares, it's their health that suffers, though folk like me can't help but enquire with interest as to why people would make intentionally stupid choices.
    education isn't the answer, either. There's no answer because humans regularly choose to participate in any sort of dangerous/unhealthy behaviour. IF education was the answer we'd have no 'progressives' in our government, no homosexuality, no crime, etc., because educating them on the errors of their thinking would WORK, and people would choose healthy alternatives to their thinking/lifestyle/etc.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Irk
    He can run as much as he likes, if he's getting hit with 400% of his RDA sugar *before* you add anything else he's had over the day his health will suffer.
    Not necessarily. You speak to things as though the human body is machine; that it's predictable in every respect. It's simply not. You're drawing conclusions absent all the facts; it's as naive as it is arrogant. For example, I'll bet he had ice in fountain drink; likely displacing 30% or more. And who's to say he even finished it.

I'm glad that you've found a diet that works for you; but your way is not the only way. There are pleasures of life, unique to the individual; you'd do well explore your own, and allow others to do the same. Proselytizing doesnt educate, it indoctrinates.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    education isn't the answer, either. There's no answer because humans regularly choose to participate in any sort of dangerous/unhealthy behaviour. IF education was the answer we'd have no 'progressives' in our government, no homosexuality, no crime, etc., because educating them on the errors of their thinking would WORK, and people would choose healthy alternatives to their thinking/lifestyle/etc.
    The world is full of educated, obese, hard drinking, smoking, drugged people. Don't even get me started about educated unwed mothers with STDs either, not to mention pedophiles etc. It's not like any of the aforementioned "didn't know".
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Irk

Not necessarily. You speak to things as though the human body is machine; that it's predictable in every respect. It's simply not. You're drawing conclusions absent all the facts; it's as naive as it is arrogant. For example, I'll bet he had ice in fountain drink; likely displacing 30% or more. And who's to say he even finished it.

I'm glad that you've found a diet that works for you; but your way is not the only way. There are pleasures of life, unique to the individual; you'd do well explore your own, and allow others to do the same. Proselytizing doesnt educate, it indoctrinates.
    No! ONE WAY, friend. There's ONE way. Noir's way.

"studies have shown" is perhaps the most-damaging phrase in the language
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemenrule View Post
    I always say the road to Hell is paved with liberals
    no... it isnt paved with Liberals...

Just all the rules and regulations they put on us to make our lives hell....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

No! ONE WAY, friend. There's ONE way. Noir's way.

"studies have shown" is perhaps the most-damaging phrase in the language
    I have always been of the opinion that the term STUDIES HAVE SHOWN should immediately be followed by a link to the Study or Statistic youre about to cite...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    I have always been of the opinion that the term STUDIES HAVE SHOWN should immediately be followed by a link to the Study or Statistic youre about to cite...
    Wouldn't help because most people dont want to know how to interpret data. There are how many types of lies, according to Mark Twain? Lies...Damn Lies...and Statistics.

We revert to "The Average" - "The average so-and-so is this, so that means we must make a LAW!"

Look, friends...in stats, the average almost never happens. The average does NOT mean 'most'. Most of the data is moving towards double the average, or retreating from the average. Yet..."The average" and "studies have shown" are responsible for more freedom-removing laws/regulations/policies than anything I can think of.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He can run as much as he likes, if he's getting hit with 400% of his RDA sugar *before* you add anything else he's had over the day his health will suffer.
    I'd put my health against your health any day of the week Noir. Even at my advanced age.

My body is fine tuned to what I eat versus what I burn off. Sugar is bad for you mostly because of calories. I burn the hell out of calories. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I rarely drink any alcohol and I exercise A LOT.

I'm 41. I'm 6' 205 lbs. Standing heart rate of 65 BPM. my total cholesterol is 178. my body fat is 16%.

I bet I could right now pass the Army PT exam to graduate from boot camp if I needed to.

Oh, and I damn sure know I enjoy my meals more than you do. Tonight is steak and mashed potatoes. Might even have a beer or two.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I bet I could right now pass the Army PT exam to graduate from boot camp if I needed to.
    ...except the Army doesn't HAVE "Boot Camp"

BCT.

Basic.

Basic Training.

Those are the only acceptable terms.

Oh...and..PT "Exam"? Exam??? PT Test. APFT. Only two acceptable terms.

Carry-on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BCT.

Basic.

Basic Training.

Carry-on.

you and God and everyone else knows that the terms I used are perfectly acceptable terms.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    you and God and everyone else knows that the terms I used are perfectly acceptable terms.
    You say "everyone knows the terms I used are acceptable"

I say

Simmadown-now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

44oz of dr pepper? That 150 grams of sugar straight to your body...the daily recomamdation is to keep sugars bellow 40 grams...are you trying to get diabeties by intention?
    Oh that's nothing. On our side of the pond, we have the X-Treme Gulp, a refillable 64 oz. travel mug, and for $1, you can refill if at any 7-11 through their soda fountains. They're actually fairly popular
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

BCT.

Basic.

Basic Training.

Carry-on.

Navy, it's called Boot, and PRT. Get them right
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

14. Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Navy, it's called Boot, and PRT. Get them right
    potato po tat to i say

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what you get Conhog for messing with other historians and smart asses
    Last edited by Thunderknuckles; 06-01-2012 at 12:05 PM.