Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    It's not a threat, it's not specific enough and it's in a hypothetical manner.

It IS bloody grubby and vile. Forget politics and no-one should try and spin this either left or right, it's a joke about rape - funny bloody haha subject eh?

Eggszackry.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    If I were Condi, I would "invite" them up to the White House for a "visit".
    Trust me, these retards would happily accept. But I don't think the White House really wants the likes of Little Jimmy Norton roaming free on the property. These guys would LOVE to have a forum with a major political leader to express their issues...

BTW - To give you an idea about Jim Norton, who is a hilarious comedian, but considered a bit too vulgar for many - his old email address was tinkledrinker@aol.com - then he changed it to yellowtreats@aol.com

They're all a bit demented, but then again, it's all about money, sponsors, ratings and who can outdo one another (Howard, Mancow, Ron & Fez...)
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Trust me, these retards would happily accept. But I don't think the White House really wants the likes of Little Jimmy Norton roaming free on the property. These guys would LOVE to have a forum with a major political leader to express their issues...

BTW - To give you an idea about Jim Norton, who is a hilarious comedian, but considered a bit too vulgar for many - his old email address was tinkledrinker@aol.com - then he changed it to yellowtreats@aol.com

They're all a bit demented, but then again, it's all about money, sponsors, ratings and who can outdo one another (Howard, Mancow, Ron & Fez...)
    Bring em on with cameras blazing--thier silly little antics will pale compared to the class that Condi had exude. There's a fine art to public humiliation.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't think there is much of a jump at all from gleefully discussing the rape and beating of a woman, to advocating it. I know that it can be hard for even the most compassionate of men to really understand how this makes women feel. So I will leave it with, imagine if they were laughing at the thought of holding down and punching and raping your wife or daughter?

I'll bet the founding fathers would be repulsed by the lengths to which "freedom of speech" is used today to defend the most vile, putrid behavior.

Disgusting, low-life scum.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I don't think there is much of a jump at all from gleefully discussing the rape and beating of a woman, to advocating it. I know that it can be hard for even the most compassionate of men to really understand how this makes women feel. So I will leave it with, imagine if they were laughing at the thought of holding down and punching and raping your wife or daughter?

I'll bet the founding fathers would be repulsed by the lengths to which "freedom of speech" is used today to defend the most vile, putrid behavior.

Disgusting, low-life scum.
    I agree that it was disgusting. I agree that I would be further offended if the remarks were directed at a relative of mine. But my only point is that it's on satellite radio, and people pay to listen to their show, so they shouldn't be stifled or fired as a result. If it were on broadcast radio, then I wouldn't have a problem with the FCC imposing a fine if they felt it appropriate.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree that it was disgusting. I agree that I would be further offended if the remarks were directed at a relative of mine. But my only point is that it's on satellite radio, and people pay to listen to their show, so they shouldn't be stifled or fired as a result. If it were on broadcast radio, then I wouldn't have a problem with the FCC imposing a fine if they felt it appropriate.
    I don't think they should be fired either. I think they should be invited for a public sit down with Condi. Maybe a nice dinner too. Then they could explain to her in front of the cameras why they thought this was such a great idea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't think they should be fired either. I think they should be invited for a public sit down with Condi. Maybe a nice dinner too. Then they could explain to her in front of the cameras why they thought this was such a great idea.
    I will agree with the earlier post as well, Condi would outwit the 3 of them in a heartbeat. But these guys would be apologetic, explain their reasoning, take their humiliation - and use it to their advantage, not against Condi, but for ratings!

BTW - it wasn't an "idea", it happened sort of spur of the moment when a homeless guy said it. That's why they apologized. They definitely should not have egged him on. No doubt it was inappropriate and offensive, but it wasn't a planned attack.

I'm biased as a huge O&A fan, and an even bigger fan of Jim Norton (who wasn't involved in this). But as much as I love them, that doesn't mean I agree with them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How disgusting. It should be criminal to all-but-advocate the rape and beating of a woman. Our country is going down the toilet fast. Forget Sharpton, where are the feminists on this?
    Right... if supporting a ban on partial birth abortion, or even simply voting for Bush is considered by some feminists to be advocating rape, then how come they are not crying foul with this truly disgusting display?
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    First of all, the race bait twins don't see Condi as black enough to come to her defense.

Second, those sons a bitches should be arrested. It IS against the law to make verbal threats against someone, and that's what I'd call what they did.
    It took a long time to open but I wanted to see what you were talking about. and I found NO threats. A desire, to be sure, but no threats. In any event it was Crass and unacceptable. and they shoud definitely be ashamed, but it still was not a threat.
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I will agree with the earlier post as well, Condi would outwit the 3 of them in a heartbeat. But these guys would be apologetic, explain their reasoning, take their humiliation - and use it to their advantage, not against Condi, but for ratings!

BTW - it wasn't an "idea", it happened sort of spur of the moment when a homeless guy said it. That's why they apologized. They definitely should not have egged him on. No doubt it was inappropriate and offensive, but it wasn't a planned attack.

I'm biased as a huge O&A fan, and an even bigger fan of Jim Norton (who wasn't involved in this). But as much as I love them, that doesn't mean I agree with them.
    Me too. They were wrong, in essence. Yet they were wrong as Imus was wrong. They should apologize and avoid such in the future. (Damn, I'm sounding very Catholic here.) Fired over this? No. Ratings, yes. I wouldn't listen to them, anymore than I'd listen to Imus or Stern.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Me too. They were wrong, in essence. Yet they were wrong as Imus was wrong. They should apologize and avoid such in the future. (Damn, I'm sounding very Catholic here.) Fired over this? No. Ratings, yes. I wouldn't listen to them, anymore than I'd listen to Imus or Stern.
    I can't equate their wrong with Imus'. A racial slur just doesn't compare with laughing and describing the desire to forcibly rape and beat a woman.

I'm curious, do those that think this is fine feel the same if the person he talked about raping was 16 year sold? 10? 5?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm curious, do those that think this is fine feel the same if the person he talked about raping was 16 year sold? 10? 5?
    I didn't necessarily say what transpired was fine, and I disagree with it myself, I just don't think action should be taken over it.

And yes, I believe it would be much different if they said it about a child.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't equate their wrong with Imus'. A racial slur just doesn't compare with laughing and describing the desire to forcibly rape and beat a woman.

The humor excuse ain't cutting it anymore---It's hatred in disguise and these guys need to be challenged on it along with all the other entertainers who think we believe they are just doing it for "grins'.
    Last edited by Dilloduck; 05-11-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The humor excuse ain't cutting it anymore---It's hatred in disguise an these guys need to be challenged on it along with all the other entertainers who think we believe they are just doing it for "grins'.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I didn't necessarily say what transpired was fine, and I disagree with it myself, I just don't think action should be taken over it.

And yes, I believe it would be much different if they said it about a child.
    I know you didn't say that, Jim, and I am glad that you are disturbed by it.

I don't think the arguments in favor of letting it be are really any different for a child, though. They are still on satellite radio, still doing a humor show, and I assume still protected by, IMO, our currently warped view of free speech. The fact that it is a child adds another level of disgust to it, but what else has changed? They aren't actually doing anything to anyone, right?

-Abbey