Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
Part of the problem is that I'm only at the house on some weekends- when their help line is shut down. Their nearest tech is 2 hours away, so they hire a guy from Sears who is closer. Of course he can only come during the week so I can either give him the run of the place or stay over a day, loosing a day's work and another half-tank of gas. Then he typically doesn't have a part so I have to make a second set of arrangements for a lost day and more gas. Plus the guy has a string of excuses for why the situation is my problem: the house is too cold when I'm away, the water is turned off, the ice machine is not used enough, blah, blah.

I've learned a long time ago that it usally takes less time to fix something yourself than to have some other bozo do it for you. Plus a bag of ice goes for a buck fifty.
I used to be a manager for Sear's. Get the Better Business Bureau involved, Appliance maker's do not want them involved because they bring a lot of bad press. Electrolux used to be owned by Fridgidaire and all their products were garbage, so I constantly told my customers to get the BBB involved and 9 times out of 10 they replaced the unit for them.