Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Hey, I am perfectly able and allowed to respond how I see fit. I try not to be nasty about it. If you don't like my posts, skim past them or put me on ignore. I've no problem with non-response.

Thanks Kathianne. Now I will go back to your post directed at me, and remember. Nothing you said should have been taken seriously. If you preach one thing to me, then turn around and do exactly that. Not something I admire in double standards, or hypocrisy.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Thanks Kathianne. Now I will go back to your post directed at me, and remember. Nothing you said should have been taken seriously. If you preach one thing to me, then turn around and do exactly that. Not something I admire in double standards, or hypocrisy.
    Whatever.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Whatever.

Kathianne. WHY THE LIBERAL Attitude?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Source is Wikiepedia

Religion

Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.
    A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[18][19][20] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible") and Benjamin Franklin.[21] Others (most notably Thomas Paine) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[22]
    Historian Gregg L. Frazer argues that the leading Founders (Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Wilson, Morris, Madison, Hamilton, and Washington) were neither Christians nor Deists, but rather supporters of a hybrid "theistic rationalism".[23]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Religion

Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.
    A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[18][19][20] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible") and Benjamin Franklin.[21] Others (most notably Thomas Paine) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[22]
    Historian Gregg L. Frazer argues that the leading Founders (Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Wilson, Morris, Madison, Hamilton, and Washington) were neither Christians nor Deists, but rather supporters of a hybrid "theistic rationalism".[23]
    thank you for the info, i think this shows why we have specific Freedom of Religion
    Christian Democrat has become an oxymoron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Larrymc View Post
    actually i think our freedom of religion, refers to worshiping the God of the Bible in the way of your choosing, something else people twist to suite
    God and the Bible are specific to Christianity... Christianity is a religion. America was founded under the auspices of no specific religion being American. Its you that's twisting things to suit. Case in point:
    thank you for the info, i think this shows why we have specific Freedom of Religion
    Wtf is specific freedom of religion? Doesn't even make sense. Freedom is being without confinement, ie without socified bounds. Our founders wrote the constitution, and purposefully didn't specify any religion; it outright forbade the government from establishing any religion. They could have said "freedom to practice religion according the Bible and God..." ; but they didn't. They could have, but do not. Any guess as to why?
    Last edited by logroller; 12-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

IMO both Larry and Log are wrong.

The Constitution DOES forbid an establishment of religion. It also by the same swipe forbids the elimination of religious expression. That is what the courts keep getting hung up on. Thus the Commandments in courts and other stuff.

Truth is the framers were way smarter than the rest of us.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Religion

America being founded by Christians =\= America founded as a Christian nation
    for example, the founder of debatepolicy.com is a conservative, but...ah shit..bad example.
    see: Amendment I for more.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    God and the Bible are specific to Christianity... Christianity is a religion. America was founded under the auspices of no specific religion being American. Its you that's twisting things to suit. Case in point:

Wtf is specific freedom of religion? Doesn't even make sense. Freedom is being without confinement, ie without socified bounds. Our founders wrote the constitution, and purposefully didn't specify any religion; it outright forbade the government from establishing any religion. They could have said "freedom to practice religion according the Bible and God..." ; but they didn't. They could have, but do not. Any guess as to why?
    id say there weren't as many idiots like you that they thought they had to spell it out, God and religion was a give, but they didn't want any one Denomination to ever rule

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

id say there weren't as many idiots like you that they thought they had to spell it out, God and religion was a give, but they didn't want any one Denomination to ever rule
    Not denomination, they didn't want a belief system to dominate, including Christianity. That doesn't preclude a majority then or now, just an understanding that in a country this large, no one anything entrenched was a good idea.

As I said, they were smarter than us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not denomination, they didn't want a belief system to dominate, including Christianity. That doesn't preclude a majority then or now, just an understanding that in a country this large, no one anything entrenched was a good idea.

As I said, they were smarter than us.
    i really don't know how you can come to that conclusion, is this not the same people that made the Bible, the first School book, that thought it was so Sacred that even Criminals wouldn't lie after swearing in on it, felt that the Ten Commandments was so impotent to society, they post it in court rooms, every branch of Government was to start there sessions with prayer, and i guess you deny the Moral decay of the Country hasn't exploded, sense removing these things Hmmmm you said you were a Christian, this seems like common sense, Especially for a Christian??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"was a give" ???
    It's ironic that spelling something out and you calling me an idiot come in the same sentence. But nonetheless, I'm sure they knew the difference between a denomination and a religion-- yet "spelled out", rather explicitly: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    America being founded by Christians =\= America founded as a Christian nation
    for example, the founder of debatepolicy.com is a conservative, but...ah shit..bad example.
    see: Amendment I for more.
    Not sure why some act offended to learn that they actually were christians.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

i really don't know how you can come to that conclusion, is this not the same people that made the Bible, the first School book, that thought it was so Sacred that even Criminals wouldn't lie after swearing in on it, felt that the Ten Commandments was so impotent to society, they post it in court rooms, every branch of Government was to start there sessions with prayer, and i guess you deny the Moral decay of the Country hasn't exploded, sense removing these things Hmmmm you said you were a Christian, this seems like common sense, Especially for a Christian??
    The founding fathers made the Bible? The first school book? Impotent? :rofl: freedom of religion - It's not that difficult a concept.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not sure why some act offended to learn that they actually were christians.
    No offense taken. This is a debate site, and the topic is America being founded as a Christian nation. Why did you present evidence if not to support a premise?