Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    I don't think anyone was suggesting that resisters be targeted and 'killed.' It just happens to be the outcome when those being arrested push back, suicide by cop if you will. I recall we had a whole thread about the legality of resisting arrest and that there are several laws that deem it illegal.
    That's right, some people need to learn that semantics and the law count in a debate. If a police officer is trying to effect an illegal arrest you have the right to resist , up to and including killing the cop. The burden however is on you to prove the arrest attempt was illegal, not the other way around.

Likewise if the arrest is in good faith, you have NO right to resist and police can respond with deadly force to effect that arrest if necessary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is simply amazing to see the arrogant ignorance of so many of our politicians and the media regarding our Constitution and the intent of our Founding Fathers regarding the Second Amendment. After studying the 2,300-year history of failed democracies back to ancient Greece and Rome, our brilliant Founding Fathers understood, as Plato explained, that all democracies eventually fail and turn into dictatorships.
    The Second Amendment is not about hunting; it is about freedom and the right of self-defense against individuals who may do us harm and to defend ourselves against tyranny.
    George Washington said, "A free people . . . should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

Ben Franklin said, "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    Thomas Jefferson said, "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Most Americans simply don't understand how fragile freedom is. Just visit Prague, Budapest or East Germany and ask people there how they lost their freedom to the Soviet Union.
    The first thing any tyranny does is take away the people's ability to defend themselves.
    Almost all legal gun owners never harm a soul. What is killing innocent Americans is the moral decline of our culture.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...,1341868.story

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Eleven posts on this page, **one** of them is about the 2nd amendment.

(sigh)

Another thread hijacked.

I'm getting tired of my own complaints on the subject. I'm becoming as big a whiner as some of the rest of you.

There's getting to be very little point in posting anything on this forum.

That's a damned shame. It used to be my favorite forum.
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 01-26-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

(sigh)

Another thread hijacked.

I'm getting tired of my own complaints on the subject. I'm becoming as big a whiner as some of the rest of you.

i was truly wanting to get some alternative perspective on my opinion. I haven't seen much just "your idea sucks you're an idiot"

bummer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

(sigh)

Another thread hijacked.

I just happened here at the end of this thread because it's one of the last 10 shown at the top of the board. I am going to go through the thread now and split off the "off topic" posts. Understand, staff isn't always aware that certain threads are being deteriorated, we don't read every thread. A simple report and it will always be looked at though, and fixed accordingly.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I just happened here at the end of this thread because it's one of the last 10 shown at the top of the board. I am going to go through the thread now and split off the "off topic" posts. Understand, staff isn't always aware that certain threads are being deteriorated, we don't read every thread. A simple report and it will always be looked at though, and fixed accordingly.
    now that you're here, about an opinion on the OP. Maybe we can get the topic back online with some fresh commentary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thread cleaned up and other posts moved to the cage. These last few were left for an explanation of sorts. Please continue on topic...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default So why did you blurt this out?

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    i was truly wanting to get some alternative perspective on my opinion. I haven't seen much just "your idea sucks you're an idiot"

bummer.

So, wny did you blurt this out?

what you believe is irrelevant in the face of facts.

where did Robert go?

LOL

Robert, don't argue history with me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    So, wny did you blurt this out?
    Because Robert, the discussion veered from one of opinions to one of facts. Your OPINIONS matter, but not when you ignore facts to come to those opinions.

You, and to be fair others on here, seem to conveniently forget that opinions are not facts and facts are not opinions. Try debating my opinions with your opinions or my facts with your own facts, but stop trying to mix the two.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Conman does have many backers in his quest to pass more gun laws
    Everyone in the government who wants stricter gun control laws should be made to watch this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Everyone in the government who wants stricter gun control laws should be made to watch this.
    Of course RSR gets it wrong, again.

I do not advocate new gun laws. I advocate a new amendment which allows certain laws we currently have which are unconstitutional to now become constitutional, and even makes certain laws we now have moot.

For example, we already have a law that says that felons can't own a firearm. How is that Constitutional? Under my plan, it would be PART of the Constitution.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Of course RSR gets it wrong, again.

I do not advocate new gun laws. I advocate a new amendment which allows certain laws we currently have which are unconstitutional to now become constitutional, and even makes certain laws we now have moot.

For example, we already have a law that says that felons can't own a firearm. How is that Constitutional? Under my plan, it would be PART of the Constitution.
    Already two PARTS of the Constitution that deal with that-- Due process clause in the fifth and fourteenth amendments.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Already two PARTS of the Constitution that deal with that-- Due process clause in the fifth and fourteenth amendments.
    Really? Please show me where either of those state that the 2nd amendment can be abridged by due process.

What's next, arguing that if convicted of a crime after due process that a person for the rest of their life no longer is protected by the 4th, just as an example.

Sure would make it easier to get repeat offenders I suppose......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Really? Please show me where either of those state that the 2nd amendment can be abridged by due process.

What's next, arguing that if convicted of a crime after due process that a person for the rest of their life no longer is protected by the 4th, just as an example.

Sure would make it easier to get repeat offenders I suppose......
    Thought I referenced it, but here's part of the fifth.
    "[N]or shall any person . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."
    You get convicted of a felony by due process, you lose certain liberties: firearms, voting, and yes, even privacy (incarceration is certainly an infringement of personal privacy rights). Often the fourth amendment rights are suspended as a condition of parole/probation...they could stay incarcerated instead i guess. Really, probation and parole are part of the process for having one's rights restored-- it need not be for the rest of their life-- but is a process, often an arduous one.
    Last edited by logroller; 01-29-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Thought I referenced it, but here's part of the fifth.
    "[N]or shall any person . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."
    You get convicted of a felony by due process, you lose certain liberties: firearms, voting, and yes, even privacy (incarceration is certainly an infringement of personal privacy rights). Often the fourth amendment rights are suspended as a condition of parole/probation...they could stay incarcerated instead i guess. Really, probation and parole are part of the process for having one's rights restored-- it need not be for the rest of their life-- but is a process, often an arduous one.
    yes, and I would argue that any infringement upon other rights once a person has been released from jail are in fact unconstitutional as well.

One violation does not make another okay.