Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yeah, I do not have that outstanding 'proof' that the religious have. There's being 'but of course it's true, because the bible says so!'. LOL.

Religions have been copying each other since the start of 'religion'. The tales the bible tells are the same tales other religions told long before Christianity came along. It's all great stuff to keep people under/in control. Not much else.
    Rejecting God and hating Christians is great self delusion for people wanting to do as they please and never have to fear any punishment in an afterlife. Simply a form of cowardice really. And you started on Christianity right off the bat too. What's your take on Islam?--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    That's amazing, I have 8,161 posts here and nobody ever called me a bible thumper yet you made that judgment in less than a week and based on a couple posts. Also amazing that you stutter when you type. --------------------------------- see bolded above.. Also amazing how fast you trumped up an excuse to ignore me. I guess that's alright with skin as thin as you have you couldn't hang .. what are you? a teenager?
    So you are continuing down the path of misjudging everything you see? Very well, if that is what you do, it's simply what you do. It has been noted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Rejecting God and hating Christians is great self delusion for people wanting to do as they please and never have to fear any punishment in an afterlife. Simply a form of cowardice really. And you started on Christianity right off the bat too. What's your take on Islam?--Tyr
    1) You can not reject what is not real.
    2) I never said I 'hated' them, or anyone else, I merely stood against your silly belief that religion is needed to be moral, or that it is easier to be moral if you are religious.
    3) If one does not believe in religion, they do not believe in an afterlife OR 'punishment' for violating the tenants of imaginary spaghetti monster in the sky.
    4) Is it normal behavior for a Christian to call those that do not believe in the same things 'cowards'? Or is that against christian teachings?
    5) ALL religion is a farce.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

So you are either a 'bible thumper', or ignorant of reality. At least I have figured that out quickly and now to to not bother with any interactions with you, as logic and reason are not present. Sheltered life, man that is some funny crap cause it's so so so so off base.
    I'm a Bible thumper and proud of it! Repent or burn in an everlasting hell!
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I'm a Bible thumper and proud of it! Repent or burn in an everlasting hell!
    Nah, I'll not 'repent', and we can promise to not meet in the non-existent afterlife. Ok?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1) You can not reject what is not real.
    2) I never said I 'hated' them, or anyone else, I merely stood against your silly belief that religion is needed to be moral, or that it is easier to be moral if you are religious.
    3) If one does not believe in religion, they do not believe in an afterlife OR 'punishment' for violating the tenants of imaginary spaghetti monster in the sky.
    4) Is it normal behavior for a Christian to call those that do not believe in the same things 'cowards'? Or is that against christian teachings?
    5) ALL religion is a farce.

Arbo. I will happily agree with your declaration number 5), while, at the same time. I offer my own number 6) that Atheism, and calling one's self AGNOSTIC, is also a farce if there is nothing real to reject.
    Last edited by aboutime; 09-02-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Arbo. I will happily agree with your declaration number 5), while, at the same time. I offer my own number 6) that Atheism, and calling one's self AGNOSTIC, is also a farce if there is nothing real to reject.
    You have a point. I don't call myself any such thing. I merely do not believe religion is real. I don't label myself for that belief.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

You have a point. I don't call myself any such thing. I merely do not believe religion is real. I don't label myself for that belief.

That sounds like a really good excuse. Don't own up to being anything to avoid being labeled?

If you are unidentified...as you claim. Then nobody has to listen, or believe what you say.

You are the SCOREBOARD, and after every game (opinion), you clear the BOARD, and start all over.

What a convenient way to AVOID discussions?
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like a really good excuse. Don't own up to being anything to avoid being labeled?

If you are unidentified...as you claim. Then nobody has to listen, or believe what you say.

You are the SCOREBOARD, and after every game (opinion), you clear the BOARD, and start all over.

What a convenient way to AVOID discussions?
    Boy, there's a load of misunderstanding in all that.

I have never called myself any term in relation to religion, I merely do not believe any religion to be real. It really is that simple.

Clearly I am not avoiding anything, I am on a forum where it appears the majority are religious and here I am telling them they believe in fairy tales. Doesn't seem like avoidance to me.

That anyone needs a label put on someone in order to listen to what they have to say is beyond pathetic. It is the content of what is said that matters, not who it comes from, or what label someone has attached to them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Boy, there's a load of misunderstanding in all that.

I have never called myself any term in relation to religion, I merely do not believe any religion to be real. It really is that simple.

Clearly I am not avoiding anything, I am on a forum where it appears the majority are religious and here I am telling them they believe in fairy tales. Doesn't seem like avoidance to me.

That anyone needs a label put on someone in order to listen to what they have to say is beyond pathetic. It is the content of what is said that matters, not who it comes from, or what label someone has attached to them.

So, you do the very thing you claim you do not do by using the word religion. You labeled everyone yourself by distinguishing yourself from the rest of us by calling what we believe in, as fairy tales. That appears to be pure HYPOCRISY to me.
    You can't have it both ways.
    So. I suggest not saying anything more.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

So, you do the very thing you claim you do not do by using the word religion. You labeled everyone yourself by distinguishing yourself from the rest of us by calling what we believe in, as fairy tales. That appears to be pure HYPOCRISY to me.
    You can't have it both ways.
    So. I suggest not saying anything more.
    I do think he can say plenty more, that is the purpose of this forum. It seems obvious he's an atheist, why are you stringing this out? For that matter, why is he? He's an atheist. No harm, no foul.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, you do the very thing you claim you do not do by using the word religion. You labeled everyone yourself by distinguishing yourself from the rest of us by calling what we believe in, as fairy tales.
    This doesn't even begin to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I do think he can say plenty more, that is the purpose of this forum. It seems obvious he's an atheist, why are you stringing this out? For that matter, why is he? He's an atheist. No harm, no foul.
    If atheist means I believe all religions are just man made 'belief systems' that were originally made to explain what man was not advanced enough to explain, and to control populations of people, then sure, call me that. It seems there are many different and conflicting definitions, most of which would not apply to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

This doesn't even begin to make sense.

If atheist means I believe all religions are just man made 'belief systems' that were originally made to explain what man was not advanced enough to explain, and to control populations of people, then sure, call me that. It seems there are many different and conflicting definitions, most of which would not apply to me.
    Basic: No creator. No gods, nothing beyond what Is.

Simple enough?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Basic: No creator. No gods, nothing beyond what Is.

Simple enough?
    If that is what you want to call me, go for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

If that is what you want to call me, go for it.
    Nah, with that I'll call you, 'not worthy of responding to after this one.' Have a great night.