Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default U.S. Navy was warned that Washington shooter 'heard voices'

Ok so we have a president writing executive orders to ban Guns from law abiding citizens and then we find out the Navy was warned about this guy, so why blame the gun? How about when you are warned about a Guy hearing voices in his head ya take that serious instead of trying to turn a tragedy into a political game. Yes with Budget cuts and everything else going wrong in this country warnings must be taken serious, but I guess it is easier to ignore them let people get killed then use that to fight your battle with.

WASHINGTON/BOSTON (Reuters) - Rhode Island police warned the U.S. Navy last month that Washington Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis had reported "hearing voices," raising further questions about how he gained security clearance at the complex where he went on a shooting rampage.
    Officials say Alexis, a Navy contractor and former Navy reservist, opened fire at the Naval Sea Systems Command on Monday, killing 12 people before police shot him dead.
    The shooting - a mile and a half from the U.S. Capitol and three miles from the White House - sent shockwaves through Washington.
    The Pentagon said it would review security at military installations around the world and the White House promised to review standards for federal government contractors.
    A Defense Department Inspector General's report published on Tuesday revealed security lapses that allowed 52 convicted felons to gain access to Navy facilities because budget cuts had undermined vetting.
    http://news.yahoo.com/gunman-opens-f...021732377.html
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Ok so we have a president writing executive orders to ban Guns from law abiding citizens and then we find out the Navy was warned about this guy, so why blame the gun? How about when you are warned about a Guy hearing voices in his head ya take that serious instead of trying to turn a tragedy into a political game. Yes with Budget cuts and everything else going wrong in this country warnings must be taken serious, but I guess it is easier to ignore them let people get killed then use that to fight your battle with.

http://news.yahoo.com/gunman-opens-f...021732377.html
    A pattern to be repeated as needed. They were warned about Hasan the Fort Hood shooter too! Seems military gets told to ignore such people, we should be asking why? Sure looks like a pattern starting to me. Just leave 'em alone and hope they do something we can use, maybe we can even encourage them a bit too.. That's the Obama admin in action. Could the guy hearing voices have been real voices telling him to do the deed? Does the government have ways of implanting very tiny devices inside the ear to do just that with somebody they see as a good subject? Think about it. The current government is playing for keeps and will murder anybody that seriously gets in their way. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I don't blame the gun either but it seems this guy, despite many warning signs was able to get easy access to firearms. Gun culture is the culprit.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only thing I'm getting from this story is, why the hell are our bases gun free zones??????????
    Apparently our highly trained and trusted military that's supposed to take care of us can be taken down by one guy with a gun.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    I don't blame the gun either but it seems this guy, despite many warning signs was able to get easy access to firearms. Gun culture is the culprit.
    You're right... Cause "gun free" cultures like England don't have bad guys with guns either...
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    No, failures of GOVERNMENT are the culprit. From the police in Washington (government workers) to the states attorneys in Washington (government employees) that let him not even be charged with a shooting out there, to those who screened him to get in the Navy (government employees) and did his background checks both as a military member and later as a civilian (government employees), to those that ignored the information that this guy had some serious mental issues and did nothing (government employees).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    The only thing I'm getting from this story is, why the hell are our bases gun free zones??????????
    Apparently our highly trained and trusted military that's supposed to take care of us can be taken down by one guy with a gun.
    Obviously the base wasn't free of guns. One might also ask why, if bases are gun feee zones, someone was able to bring in guns?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

My suspicion is. That man was given access by someone who just NODDED, WINKED, and Didn't want to make any enemies, or waves...using the obvious technique (which is illegal) of PROFILING.

Anyone mentions Religion, Politics, Race, Obama. That's a ticket to the END OF THE JOB. So, whoever granted him the access/pass to that building. Should be identified, and Arrested.

The only way to get Obama behind bars. Just claim "Obama told me!"
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Two words, affirmative action. That's what got him his access.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Two words, affirmative action. That's what got him his access.

Gaffer. I agree. But knowing how the military system of clearances works today. And when I was on active duty. Using 'AFFIRMATIVE ACTION' as an Honest Reason...was, and is looked upon as nothing less than RACIAL, or RACIST. A Punishable Offense to those in Uniform.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Gaffer. I agree. But knowing how the military system of clearances works today. And when I was on active duty. Using 'AFFIRMATIVE ACTION' as an Honest Reason...was, and is looked upon as nothing less than RACIAL, or RACIST. A Punishable Offense to those in Uniform.
    You're right, but that's what is used by the ones doing the hiring. If they deny him the position he can scream racism. And affirmative action IS racist in itself.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

You're right, but that's what is used by the ones doing the hiring. If they deny him the position he can scream racism. And affirmative action IS racist in itself.
    Agreed...again. From my own personal experiences before I retired, and many years afterward. The qualifications for those Enlisting in our Military have been degraded to such an extent.
    (And this is true) The people who are assigned to ISSUE such clearances, and give access to people like the NAVY YARD Shooter...are, without any Doubt....People just like him.
    If that sounds racist in any way. I apologize for offending anyone. But. THE TRUTH ALWAYS HURTS.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Agreed...again. From my own personal experiences before I retired, and many years afterward. The qualifications for those Enlisting in our Military have been degraded to such an extent.
    (And this is true) The people who are assigned to ISSUE such clearances, and give access to people like the NAVY YARD Shooter...are, without any Doubt....People just like him.
    If that sounds racist in any way. I apologize for offending anyone. But. THE TRUTH ALWAYS HURTS.
    You don't have to apologize, if they are offended tough shit. I despise affirmative action and make no bones about it. It's a racist policy against white people, period. You dead on with the fact that people like him are the ones that are responsible for hiring him.

You will not see any of this on the media because it's totally taboo for them to even look into.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

You don't have to apologize, if they are offended tough shit. I despise affirmative action and make no bones about it. It's a racist policy against white people, period. You dead on with the fact that people like him are the ones that are responsible for hiring him.

You will not see any of this on the media because it's totally taboo for them to even look into.
    Gaffer. Take it a step further. Living near a military compound where I had to renew our base stickers in order to visit the Infirmary, and Dental. My wife and I aren't blind as we pretend not to recognize how our complexion isn't exactly a good sign for some in uniform who are there to supposedly HELP US.
    And, as you probably know. We wouldn't dare take a chance on saying anything that might attract attention to us. Fearing the loss of access to the base...by being trouble makers/racists.
    Sad thing is. We have neighbors across the street, and past our home who do not look like us. But we always wave, talk, laugh, and even share our lives with them. Cause there's no differences between all of us as HUMAN BEINGS.
    Oddly enough. Even they agree with what you, and I have been talking about here. Because, they are intelligent enough to have common sense, and are respected for who they are. Not the color of their skin.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

If it ever made sense, it's no longer the case.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill