Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
Concerning bringing up different issues other than the OP.
FJ you brought up DNA not me.
You said ."A DNA database is also precedence and I haven't heard the Constitutional argument against that."

so i pointed out several constitutional cases and otherwise..
are you saying you get to bring a topic up in defense of your position but no one can reply?

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
Yes, "publicly available" because it accesses information of those driving down the public roads. You are more than Constitutionally able to sit in your lawn chair and right down the license plate number of every car that drives by.
And if individual cops want to sit by the side of the road and do the same they can too.
But if they are passing the info around the country in a database WE all get to be in the loop as well. And other leos need to get a warrant for the info.

And to Jim's point, Frankly Driving is not a privilege. it is in fact a right. a legal right. though one we've not exercised so it's been Assumed that the state grants the privilege. that's color of law not law. the only people that legally need a license for the roads and highways are those engaged in business. other than that the right to travel public roadways is a citizens right. even more-so since he pay for the land and roads and the state acts as the citizens agent.

But it seems assuming that the state works for us instead of the other way round doesn't makes sense to some folks.