Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
yes it's torture! Even though it doesn't cause harm.

The better question is IMHO......does it work?
THAT is my point. Torture has NEVER worked. It's been tried throughout the centuries and especially in the 13th and 14th centuries. It gets you someone telling you what you want to hear just to get you to stop. By then, they probably don't even know what the truth is. They're just making up crap.

As a Marine, I am personally against the method. I'd hate to be tortured because I'm so damned hard headed I don't see anything good coming out of it. But it has to be defined. Waterboarding is systematic torture over a period of time. As a Marine, I catch your ass on guard duty and I want info I'll put a K-Bar to your throat in a second to get ANY info that might keep my Marines alive. EVERYBODY goes home with ME. There's no politics involved in that. I'm accomplishing a mission.

That's the problem with some of these "political" conversations. I have a singular point of view: Accomplish the mission and bring everyone you left with back with you. Any and everything is secondary to THAT. I don't give a crap who voted for who and what the armchair quarterbacks are thinking and I don't even care what my f-ing OIC thing=ks -- I've overridden a dumbass order more than once. And guess WHO enlisted Marines listen to?

But this behind the scenes we're smarter than everyone else crap and we can get outdated or false info stuff just seems pointless to me. And anyone that volunteers to go anywhere and do anything for spooks needs a psych eval.