Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default New dog process

Got my Pug in 1999. Came home with Chihuahua at end of 2005. The woman said she gets to pick out the next dog. I was cool with that. But I continued for a 3rd since that day she said that, but she was standing her ground that she picks out the next dog, but not until one of the others passes. That's happened.

But now she's sitting on the pot without doing anything and won't get off! She isn't even really interested in looking or getting another pup. I think she's using "her turn" to not get another dog. I'm ready and think I would like another one, while our kitty is still very young and playful. She loves animals, just not as much as I do. She knows that I already do 99% of the work and feeding already anyway. But she doesn't even seem to want to discuss it, let alone go look at pups.

Am I being unreasonable for wanting her to pick out a pup, since she even said that the next choice was hers? Should I secretly bring one home and take a chance on being single and homeless? Be honest!!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Take her to the local humane society. Once she sees those babies she might want one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Take her to the local humane society. Once she sees those babies she might want one.
    That's where I got my kitty from, from a shelter just north of here. She outright refuses to go ANYWHERE where there are animals. Partly because it makes her sad to see all of them, and part because she knows she will give in.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's where I got my kitty from, from a shelter just north of here. She outright refuses to go ANYWHERE where there are animals. Partly because it makes her sad to see all of them, and part because she knows she will give in.
    This is the solution: cut her off sexually until you get what you want.

5. Thanks darin, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    This is the solution: cut her off sexually until you get what you want.
    Then I will be dogless AND sexless. Remember, it's us men who are admittedly the pigs, well at least I admit I am. If I told her that then there really will be no chance for a new puppy!! LOL

I'm starting to think that the best idea is to do it without permission. Not that I don't include her in family decisions, as I always do, but this one I will lose otherwise. I think with the cutest pup ever running into her arms she will be too taken with him to worry about anything else. When I brought the cat home, it slept on her head the first night, but that was it, she was in love!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Show her these...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

8. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Got my Pug in 1999. Came home with Chihuahua at end of 2005. The woman said she gets to pick out the next dog. I was cool with that. But I continued for a 3rd since that day she said that, but she was standing her ground that she picks out the next dog, but not until one of the others passes. That's happened.

But now she's sitting on the pot without doing anything and won't get off! She isn't even really interested in looking or getting another pup. I think she's using "her turn" to not get another dog. I'm ready and think I would like another one, while our kitty is still very young and playful. She loves animals, just not as much as I do. She knows that I already do 99% of the work and feeding already anyway. But she doesn't even seem to want to discuss it, let alone go look at pups.

Am I being unreasonable for wanting her to pick out a pup, since she even said that the next choice was hers? Should I secretly bring one home and take a chance on being single and homeless? Be honest!!!
    You've been on the verge of being homeless and single for as long as I can remember. Howsabout you stick to your promise?

I'm smart like that.

10. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I did some looking around today. Are breeders insane for some of these prices? WTF? I like the French Bulldog, but places want anywhere from $2500 - $4000 for the poor little whiney wrinkly buggers. I want a "perfect" looking dog "pure breed" - but I may end up taking in a poor pup from the shelter - WHEN it's ok of course. I'm a little saner this evening, and am thinking it's better to place more pressure on the woman than it is to surprise her with yet another shitting machine.

But if I can get her to choose, the leading candidate from her was a Chocolate Lab. Hell, I looked them up from some breeders and they wanted $1500-$2000 for one of those!!

Did something change over the past 15-20 years? Dogs are expensive!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

At least someone is the brains of the outfit around there. I'm sick of dogs and cats. And I DO live them. Have always had a cat. But when I realized I just fifn't have the time and effort to care for them properly I quit getting any of my own.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I did some looking around today. Are breeders insane for some of these prices? WTF? I like the French Bulldog, but places want anywhere from $2500 - $4000 for the poor little whiney wrinkly buggers. I want a "perfect" looking dog "pure breed" - but I may end up taking in a poor pup from the shelter - WHEN it's ok of course. I'm a little saner this evening, and am thinking it's better to place more pressure on the woman than it is to surprise her with yet another shitting machine.

But if I can get her to choose, the leading candidate from her was a Chocolate Lab. Hell, I looked them up from some breeders and they wanted $1500-$2000 for one of those!!

Did something change over the past 15-20 years? Dogs are expensive!!
    And then there is crossbreeding going on and the dog is full of problems.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    And then there is crossbreeding going on and the dog is full of problems.
    Assuming you're talking about thoroughbreds

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

My vizsla bitch was $900, however.

My other dog, though - from Humane Society of Michigan. Beagle-Pit (we think). She's simply wonderful.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

16. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Show her these Jim

Big ol nasty Pit that thinks she is a poodle

Jada's Christmas present.

Jim you can buy pretty much any type dog down this way for under a grand, most for under $500, Tell Di you are coming to visit and then just bring a pup home, explain to her all the money ya saved her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

18. Thanks jimnyc, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'd like a teacup chihuahua but am afraid I would kill the little thing. Then a French Bulldog. I like little retarded dogs for some reason.

20. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'd like a teacup chihuahua but am afraid I would kill the little thing. Then a French Bulldog. I like little retarded dogs for some reason.
    Jim, let your wife know that she's lucky you're not getting a monkey!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

22. Thanks sundaydriver, Jeff thanked this post