Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Why Trump?

Hi All! Some of you know me and some don't.

I realize I'm late to the party here but I am really curious how people are able to support Trump. I'm not trying to pick a fight with my questions. I just really want to understand because I don't get it. I get the anger and frustration people feel because I'm right there with you.

How do you support a guy who owes George Soros for loaning/investing $160 million in Trump Tower Chicago?
    How do you support a guy who has been and continues to be on every side or every issue? The guy is a pathological liar. He says whatever the people in front of him want to hear.
    How do you support a guy who has said that his campaign rhetoric is the high end of negotiations that he will back off of to make a deal so really have no idea what he believes or what he will do?
    How do you support a guy who has financed Hillary, Nancy Pelosi and who financed Harry Reid against a Tea Party candidate? Just to name a few.
    How do you support a guy who has and still defends Planned Parenthood?
    How do you support a guy who spins virtually everything like Trump University as an example by claiming it has an A rating as though it is and was something other than a fraudulent venture? Please, it has an A rating because it's been out of business so the complaints drop off after 3 years. Not because it's actually turned around.

Question for Christians:
    How do you support a guy who thinks he has no need of God? If he has no need of repentance then he doesn't believe he has sinned against God. This guy is a serial fornicator, adulterer, liar and a supporter of murdering unborn Americans without repentance.

I don't mean the questions to be antagonistic in nature, it's just how I see the issues and question them.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Thanks tailfins, Larrymc, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He was better than Cruz and Rubio.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    He was better than Cruz and Rubio.
    How so? Since Rubio is out he really doesn't matter at this point. So why better than Cruz?
    Last edited by crin63; 03-22-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    How so? Since Rubio is out he really doesn't matter at this point. So why better than Cruz?
    Rubio was still in when I voted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

It is simple...

He walks the walk and talks the talk; and appears to be quite prepared to back it up.

He has spoken openly about many people believe and shy away from.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

8. Thanks Perianne, crin63, Drummond, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

In the interest of full disclosure: I'm an activist for Cruz. You may notice it's the churchgoing Christians that support Cruz and the ones that don't attend that support Trump. Our society has become so reprobate that only PERCEPTION matters. Anything that won't fit in a "tweet" or on a ball cap won't carry the day. The critical thinking needed to spot threats to our freedom just isn't there any more. As I asked in a different post why Obama's photo op with a Castro brother didn't spark a national outrage. Liberty required a virtuous people. America is no longer a virtuous society. It's ripe for a cult of personality like T-Rump. Forget about logic, society has become blind to it.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

10. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Hello, Crin! Been a few years.

As far as your questions... they've been hashed & rehashed, and I'm sick of typing them out if you know what I mean.

Look around in this 2016 Presidential Election forum and you'll get your answers - from me, anyway. Can't speak for the others.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks crin63, Abbey Marie, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

As far as your questions... they've been hashed & rehashed, and I'm sick of typing them out if you know what I mean.

Look around in this 2016 Presidential Election forum and you'll get your answers - from me, anyway. Can't speak for the others.
    Hey NT! Good to see you're still here. Yeah, I burned out on politics after butting heads for so long with people.

I kind of figured that would be the case since I hadn't been around in a while. I thought I would inquire anyway just in case someone felt like filling me in on their opinions. I have seen folks that never in my life would I expect them to be Trump supporters, they are good solid patriotic people who are very conservative. It really surprised me. Most of those guys seem to just want someone they think will completely blow up DC. They will just go in like a wrecking ball.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

14. Thanks NightTrain, Kathianne, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure: I'm an activist for Cruz. You may notice it's the churchgoing Christians that support Cruz and the ones that don't attend that support Trump. Our society has become so reprobate that only PERCEPTION matters. Anything that won't fit in a "tweet" or on a ball cap won't carry the day. The critical thinking needed to spot threats to our freedom just isn't there any more. As I asked in a different post why Obama's photo op with a Castro brother didn't spark a national outrage. Liberty required a virtuous people. America is no longer a virtuous society. It's ripe for a cult of personality like T-Rump. Forget about logic, society has become blind to it.
    I agree with you. My observation has been the same for the most part. I just know there are some very good folks on here who I learned to respect in my time here a few years ago. I know they are thinking people so I'm trying to understand from their perspective how they can get behind Trump because I can't. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way I can ever support Trump but I just don't see it.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

I can help a brother out by trying to explain why. .

17. Thanks NightTrain, crin63 thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

How do you support a guy who owes George Soros for loaning/investing $160 million in Trump Tower Chicago?
    I see a guy who makes business decisions.

How do you support a guy who has been and continues to be on every side or every issue? The guy is a pathological liar. He says whatever the people in front of him want to hear.
    Or he's a pathological politician?

How do you support a guy who has said that his campaign rhetoric is the high end of negotiations that he will back off of to make a deal so really have no idea what he believes or what he will do?
    I see a guy who is willing to wait until he has the best picture of a situation before ultimately deciding.

How do you support a guy who has financed Hillary, Nancy Pelosi and who financed Harry Reid against a Tea Party candidate? Just to name a few.
    Some of my relatives have done shit like that. (shrug)

How do you support a guy who has and still defends Planned Parenthood?
    Maybe he flip-flops as you pointed out? Maybe things change. that's only ONE piece of the presidential puzzle.

How do you support a guy who spins virtually everything like Trump University as an example by claiming it has an A rating as though it is and was something other than a fraudulent venture? Please, it has an A rating because it's been out of business so the complaints drop off after 3 years. Not because it's actually turned around
    I have no interest in Trump University. Don't care.

Question for Christians:
    How do you support a guy who thinks he has no need of God? If he has no need of repentance then he doesn't believe he has sinned against God. This guy is a serial fornicator, adulterer, liar and a supporter of murdering unborn Americans without repentance.

The best presidents probably should feel that way. And get this - Fornicators, Adulterers, Liars and even pro-abortion folk are loved my God as much or more than "Christians". In fact, Christ was clear THOSE folks will see the kingdom of God before religious people. Nobody is a Christian who wants to judge or punish 'sinners'.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

19. Thanks crin63, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Trump has the repeatedly said he supports planned parenthood MINUS ABORTION.

21. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

I see a guy who is willing to wait until he has the best picture of a situation before ultimately deciding.

Maybe he flip-flops as you pointed out? Maybe things change. that's only ONE piece of the presidential puzzle.

The best presidents probably should feel that way. And get this - Fornicators, Adulterers, Liars and even pro-abortion folk are loved my God as much or more than "Christians". In fact, Christ was clear THOSE folks will see the kingdom of God before religious people. Nobody is a Christian who wants to judge or punish 'sinners'.
    Bible says God puts Kings in power (including Presidents)

23. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Hey D! Good to see you're still here! Thanks for your answers! I'm not looking to debate it or argue it, just understand it from someone else perspective.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

25. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Hey D! Good to see you're still here! Thanks for your answers! I'm not looking to debate it or argue it, just understand it from someone else perspective.
    Righto brother - just giving folks my perspective and maybe something to think about from a different angle. No worries.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

27. Thanks crin63 thanked this post