Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I guess it's all in how you see things. I'm of the belief that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of attacks that I have seen, here at the board, have been from folks going after those who support Trump. Sorry, proof is in the pudding.
    They started it way before Trump came on the scene. It just happens to be a common denominator.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    What are you going to do? Pound your keyboard? You yourself said it's all just text on a screen. I offered to stop by if you wanted to be introduced as a human (not this cranky online waste of time). You showed no interest. How far are you from Big Bib Barbecue?
    Bubba, you can stop by anytime you like. I got a front yard. And a back one. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to some manners. Be easier if you'd just grow up and learn some on your own.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Jeff, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

They started it way before Trump came on the scene. It just happens to be a common denominator.
    I wasn't necessarily referring to personal issues between various members specifically. I was speaking of the treatment of folks and harsher comments than usual, that have been spurred by who is supporting who, and how others feel about the support.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I guess it's all in how you see things. I'm of the belief that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of attacks that I have seen, here at the board, have been from folks going after those who support Trump. Sorry, proof is in the pudding.
    I've seen it swing both ways. What I have noticed without being able to actually look at numbers is the board has slowed considerably and some people are missing or rarely here anymore and IMO, this Trump-anti-Trump squabble is the reason.

You and I got into it over your Trump threads a few months back, but I don't like the anti-Trump crap any more. I get sick of hearing it. It's worse no that apparently the leftwingnut MSM war machine has him in their sights, and Cruz has decided to flip-flop on the "I'm not getting personal" schtick he had.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Bubba, you can stop by anytime you like. I got a front yard. And a back one. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to some manners. Be easier if you'd just grow up and learn some on your own.
    Manners take effort. Effort must be allocated efficiently and effectively. Speaking of that, where's YOUR manners? By the way, I do fine with people I have something in common with. That would most likely have something to do with chess, collectible coins or collectible automobiles.
    Last edited by tailfins; 04-01-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Doesn't tell an entire story though, and seems more like someone trying to mock those supporting Trump, than someone listening to those who support him and understanding why.
    You should see how many Trump supporters are mocking Cruz supporters....viciously (like at Free Republic). If you could see what I'm seeing, maybe you would understand the anger against the Trump camp currently.

Bottom line is....if we continue to allow ourselves to be divided over this Trump vs. Cruz issue...

we WILL lose and we WILL fall.

Trump and Cruz need to come to together to save the nation. But it doesn't look to me like that's even possible now.

8. Thanks Kathianne, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    You should see how many Trump supporters are mocking Cruz supporters....viciously (like at Free Republic). If you could see what I'm seeing, maybe you would understand the anger against the Trump camp currently.

Bottom line is....if we continue to allow ourselves to be divided over this Trump vs. Cruz issue...

Trump and Cruz need to come to together to save the nation. But it doesn't look to me like that's even possible now.
    I think that bridge has burned, don't you? Trump couldn't quit attacking the other GOP candidates until Cruz finally had enough.

I want to win. I'm a freakin' Marine. I don't go into a fight to lose it. And you can call me Cam Newton -- I HATE to lose. So far, the GOP has botched this up as nicely as 08 and 12. This is a 3-peat. Neither Trump nor Cruz can win -- that is at this point in time according to the polls.

Now if the FBI and Justice Dept do their jobs like they're supposed to *cough cough*, there wouldn't be a Hillary and THAT would change the dynamics greatly.

The problem though, as I pointed out in 08 and 12, and started pointed out this time around is the GOP has no leadership and they've allowed far too many people to run amuck destroying each other instead of going after the enemy. I could find a Lance Corporal that could come up with a better strategy and tactics.

10. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I realize that the video is a tongue-in-cheek critique of Trump and his "stances"....but when you take a step back and analyze all of the things mentioned in the video, it presents a rather surreal picture of how bizarre this primary year has been and how, in true "truth is stranger than fiction" fashion, this candidate Donald Trump is probably THE worst presidential candidate in the history of this great nation. And that criteria faces a LOT of competition for that title.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that he could still even be in the race, much less winning (supposedly).
    Last edited by DLT; 04-01-2016 at 02:03 PM.

12. Thanks crin63, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've seen it swing both ways. What I have noticed without being able to actually look at numbers is the board has slowed considerably and some people are missing or rarely here anymore and IMO, this Trump-anti-Trump squabble is the reason.

You and I got into it over your Trump threads a few months back, but I don't like the anti-Trump crap any more. I get sick of hearing it. It's worse no that apparently the leftwingnut MSM war machine has him in their sights, and Cruz has decided to flip-flop on the "I'm not getting personal" schtick he had.
    It does go both ways, I just pointed to what I see as the majority. You and I had zero issue discussing anything, other than when I felt you were belittling me. Wrong or right, outside of that I have no problem discussing the issues with you, we've been fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I haven't been over there. But why be angry at the "Trump camp" and take it out on others that aren't doing so to you? I know I don't want to have anger directed my way because Trump supporters elsewhere are being idiots. ALL candidates are going to have idiotic supporters. I simply treat those directly in front of me, how that person treats me. No one has ever been respectful to me and had their hand bitten, not once in 13 years.

I agree with the unity, and it doesn't matter who gets the nod, without unity it goes to Hillary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Manners take effort. Effort must be allocated efficiently and effectively. Speaking of that, where's YOUR manners? By the way, I do fine with people I have something in common with. That would most likely have something to do with chess, collectible coins or collectible automobiles.
    Manners take no effort whatsoever - if someone has them and uses them to begin with, then it's just posting as usual. I think being in personal feuds is what takes effort, and it's draining.

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I realize that the video is a tongue-in-cheek critique of Trump and his "stances"....but when you take a step back and analyze all of the things mentioned in the video, it presents a rather surreal picture of how bizarre this primary year has been and how, in true "truth is stranger than fiction" fashion, this candidate Donald Trump is probably THE worst presidential candidate in the history of this great nation. And that criteria faces a LOT of competition for that title.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that he could still even be in the race, much less winning (supposedly).
    He's by FAR not the worst.

James Buchanan could have done something to stave off Civil War, and he did nothing.

Lincoln used the Constitution to wipe his butt almost in the same way Obama has. At least Lincoln was an idealist.

Grant had one of the most corrupt governments in our history.

Wilson was our first commie President looking to create some NWO.

FDR created all these handout programs that are killing our economy now.

Truman took the wars away from the people that fight them and are trained to fight them and turned them into political quagmires.

Jimmy Carter didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Clinton just about killed us militarily, not to mention letting bin Laden go and buddying up with Saudi's.

Then there was McLame. That's when the MSM got to start choosing GOP candidates.

Trump is "just another". The media has used him, same as they're using Cruz and Kasich by propping them up long enough to ensure the GOP has a loser. And in all this, the GOP is itself to blame.

18. Thanks DLT thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I thought the video was clever and done well. Does it mock Trump supporters? Yes it does! I have not seen any actual substance as to why they support Trump other than anger. I have read a lot of opinions and views from people I greatly respect that support Trump all over and there are no substantive answers except anger. Just blow it all up and start over. All the things they accept in Trump would be disqualifiers in any other candidate. So I don't get it.

I don't think in any way that the Trump supporters that I have participated with on here over the years are idiots. I know better than that, which is why I came on here to try and get some understanding of their positions. I will allow for some exceptions though in the newer people on here.

I do not understand how any of you can possibly support Trump and apparently I never will. This has really come down to a bare-knuckles brawl that is going to leave the Republican Party shredded and damaged. Personally, I think this is the last election with a large Republican Party if Trump wins. 90% of the Conservatives I know in my circle of friends will not vote for Trump in November. They cannot pillow their heads in good conscience voting for Trump. Myself included.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

20. Thanks jimnyc, DLT, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

He's by FAR not the worst.

James Buchanan could have done something to stave off Civil War, and he did nothing.

Lincoln used the Constitution to wipe his butt almost in the same way Obama has. At least Lincoln was an idealist.

Grant had one of the most corrupt governments in our history.

Wilson was our first commie President looking to create some NWO.

FDR created all these handout programs that are killing our economy now.

Truman took the wars away from the people that fight them and are trained to fight them and turned them into political quagmires.

Jimmy Carter didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Clinton just about killed us militarily, not to mention letting bin Laden go and buddying up with Saudi's.

Then there was McLame. That's when the MSM got to start choosing GOP candidates.

Trump is "just another". The media has used him, same as they're using Cruz and Kasich by propping them up long enough to ensure the GOP has a loser. And in all this, the GOP is itself to blame.
    Point taken.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I haven't been over there. But why be angry at the "Trump camp" and take it out on others that aren't doing so to you? I know I don't want to have anger directed my way because Trump supporters elsewhere are being idiots. ALL candidates are going to have idiotic supporters. I simply treat those directly in front of me, how that person treats me. No one has ever been respectful to me and had their hand bitten, not once in 13 years.

I agree with the unity, and it doesn't matter who gets the nod, without unity it goes to Hillary.
    Yeah, I probably have reacted in anger a few times due to attacks received elsewhere. And for that I apologize. I agree with your assessment, also.

24. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny, Jeff thanked this post