Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I thought the video was clever and done well. Does it mock Trump supporters? Yes it does! I have not seen any actual substance as to why they support Trump other than anger. I have read a lot of opinions and views from people I greatly respect that support Trump all over and there are no substantive answers except anger. Just blow it all up and start over. All the things they accept in Trump would be disqualifiers in any other candidate. So I don't get it.

I don't think in any way that the Trump supporters that I have participated with on here over the years are idiots. I know better than that, which is why I came on here to try and get some understanding of their positions. I will allow for some exceptions though in the newer people on here.

I do not understand how any of you can possibly support Trump and apparently I never will. This has really come down to a bare-knuckles brawl that is going to leave the Republican Party shredded and damaged. Personally, I think this is the last election with a large Republican Party if Trump wins. 90% of the Conservatives I know in my circle of friends will not vote for Trump in November. They cannot pillow their heads in good conscience voting for Trump. Myself included.
    Search via my username in the political election 2016 section. Outside of petty stuff, I've voiced quite a few times why I am a Trump supporter. Even if folks disagree with my reasons for liking him, which is for MANY issues, I wouldn't think they would instantly see me as a reactionary dolt voting 100% off of uninformed emotion - which is what is implied all of the time, but doesn't nearly, nor fairly, come close to explaining my support.

2. Thanks PixieStix, crin63, Jeff, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Yeah, I probably have reacted in anger a few times due to attacks received elsewhere. And for that I apologize. I agree with your assessment, also.
    Apology accepted but honestly wasn't needed.

4. Thanks DLT thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think that bridge has burned, don't you? Trump couldn't quit attacking the other GOP candidates until Cruz finally had enough.

I want to win. I'm a freakin' Marine. I don't go into a fight to lose it. And you can call me Cam Newton -- I HATE to lose. So far, the GOP has botched this up as nicely as 08 and 12. This is a 3-peat. Neither Trump nor Cruz can win -- that is at this point in time according to the polls.

Now if the FBI and Justice Dept do their jobs like they're supposed to *cough cough*, there wouldn't be a Hillary and THAT would change the dynamics greatly.

The problem though, as I pointed out in 08 and 12, and started pointed out this time around is the GOP has no leadership and they've allowed far too many people to run amuck destroying each other instead of going after the enemy. I could find a Lance Corporal that could come up with a better strategy and tactics.
    I'm afraid you are spot-on right there. I hate to lose too, and with the entire future and freedom of our nation at stake, it's no wonder that things have gotten so nasty....even moreso than in previous primary and election years.

The ahole globalists pulling those strings behind the scenes (to divide and conquer/defeat us from within) really need to be 'dealt with', or we are quite literally toast as a free nation. I'm just wondering if there is an elite group out there that might be considering it. Hope springs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Yeah, I probably have reacted in anger a few times due to attacks received elsewhere. And for that I apologize. I agree with your assessment, also.
    We all have. Just depends on the person. I have a military sense of humor and will mock anything and am sarcastic as Hell. I think a lot of it has to do with people recognizing others' personalities. What no one addresses is --disclaimer: no offense to Trump supporters -- that the anger Trump supporters feel toward the GOP, the people who don't like Trump are just just as angry. We just don't see him as the answer.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks DLT, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Search via my username in the political election 2016 section. Outside of petty stuff, I've voiced quite a few times why I am a Trump supporter. Even if folks disagree with my reasons for liking him, which is for MANY issues, I wouldn't think they would instantly see me as a reactionary dolt voting 100% off of uninformed emotion - which is what is implied all of the time, but doesn't nearly, nor fairly, come close to explaining my support.
    I once would have voted for Cruz if he won the nomination. But have since been referred to as "low information voters that are not engaged." So yeah, no I will never vote Cruz. Just the other day he said that Trump supporters would support him if he got the nomination. What I say to that is,

WRONG!
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

9. Thanks jimnyc, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    I once would have voted for Cruz if he won the nomination. But have since been referred to as "low information voters that are not engaged." So yeah, no I will never vote Cruz. Just the other day he said that Trump supporters would support him if he got the nomination. What I say to that is,

WRONG!
    Other side of the coin: Trump assumes the same thing. He was going to suck up all the votes/delegates the drop-outs left behind. Such has not been the case. And I'll put it to you this way ... Cruz is actually a good politician. Trump, not so much. EITHER is better than the Dems winning. I don't give a damn at this point WHO the candidate is. I'm voting against the Dems.

Look at what's at stake: For one, the Dems get the WH. That assures a majority leftnut in the Supreme Court and we'll probably lose Congress as well. THAT is more important than any one individual's petty little likes and dislikes over who the GOP candidate is.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks DLT thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Other side of the coin: Trump assumes the same thing. He was going to suck up all the votes/delegates the drop-outs left behind. Such has not been the case. And I'll put it to you this way ... Cruz is actually a good politician. Trump, not so much. EITHER is better than the Dems winning. I don't give a damn at this point WHO the candidate is. I'm voting against the Dems.

Look at what's at stake: For one, the Dems get the WH. That assures a majority leftnut in the Supreme Court and we'll probably lose Congress as well. THAT is more important than any one individual's petty little likes and dislikes over who the GOP candidate is.
    Exactly, Cruz is a politician. He will do anything to stay one. Trump assumes no such thing. He understands he could lose. He is beholden to no lobbyists not any group of people that are pushing globalism....AKA the new world order.

I am aware of what is at stake. I am sick of the GOP trodding out the candidates that they choose,we stay loyal to them vote for their pick and still we lose to Obama. Loyalty goes both ways.

He is giving up his life to run for President because I believe he truly loves America. Ted Cruz likes to tell us all how great he is in biblical and constitutional understanding. And yet he wants to put surveillance on muslim communities. THAT by itself is unconstitutional. Don't let them in our country in the first place
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    Exactly, Cruz is a politician. He will do anything to stay one. Trump assumes no such thing. He understands he could lose. He is beholden to no lobbyists not any group of people that are pushing globalism....AKA the new world order.

I am aware of what is at stake. I am sick of the GOP trodding out the candidates that they choose,we stay loyal to them vote for their pick and still we lose to Obama. Loyalty goes both ways.

He is giving up his life to run for President because I believe he truly loves America. Ted Cruz likes to tell us all how great he is in biblical and constitutional understanding. And yet he wants to put surveillance on muslim communities. THAT by itself is unconstitutional. Don't let them in our country in the first place
    Trump is out to win. Doesn't matter what it's at. I'd prefer a politician. Someone who has some vested interest in politics instead of just another feather in his cap.

You cane be as sick as you want. If anyone thinks I'm not as pissed about the way things are as they are, they can think again. I'm looking at what's at stake. You can be sick all you want. While you watch this country and the Constitution swirl around the toilet bowl under the Dems.

A herd of cats ain't going to win an election.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-01-2016 at 05:53 PM.

15. Thanks DLT thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    What are you going to do? Pound your keyboard? You yourself said it's all just text on a screen. I offered to stop by if you wanted to be introduced as a human (not this cranky online waste of time). You showed no interest. How far are you from Big Bib Barbecue?
    You hide behind a screen...HIDE!

..and threaten anyone who calls you out, or states the fact you are a coward with a lawsuit.

Let me tell You, internet pussy...it is all in black and white and on record.

All it takes to refute your horseshit is ask the Owner or Admin to admit your pussy
    crap as evidence.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    You hide behind a screen...HIDE!

..and threaten anyone who calls you out, or states the fact you are a coward with a lawsuit.

Let me tell You, internet pussy...it is all in black and white and on record.

All it takes to refute your horseshit is ask the Owner or Admin to admit your pussy
    crap as evidence.
    The only crap is you throwing your own fecal matter.

Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    The only crap is you throwing your own fecal matter.
    That reply is not clever, nor is it original.

Someone above said...GROW UP.

You don't like insults or challenges? Then don't issue them.

You sound like a punk bully kid who hides behind mommy's apron
    when someone calls him out.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

20. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Apology accepted but honestly wasn't needed.
    I despise Trump, but I adore your avatar. That is what we need more of. Channel that.

22. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

We all have. Just depends on the person. I have a military sense of humor and will mock anything and am sarcastic as Hell. I think a lot of it has to do with people recognizing others' personalities. What no one addresses is --disclaimer: no offense to Trump supporters -- that the anger Trump supporters feel toward the GOP, the people who don't like Trump are just just as angry. We just don't see him as the answer.
    Exactly!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You should see how many Trump supporters are mocking Cruz supporters....viciously (like at Free Republic). If you could see what I'm seeing, maybe you would understand the anger against the Trump camp currently.

Bottom line is....if we continue to allow ourselves to be divided over this Trump vs. Cruz issue...

we WILL lose and we WILL fall.

Trump and Cruz need to come to together to save the nation. But it doesn't look to me like that's even possible now.
    It's not just Cruz, and not just by Trump supporters. I'm not sure you were around, but there was some pretty frequent mocking of Rubio here while he was still viable. I find mockery to be just about the lowest form of behavior, and it totally turned me off.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

25. Thanks Kathianne, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    It's not just Cruz, and not just by Trump supporters. I'm not sure you were around, but there was some pretty frequent mocking of Rubio here while he was still viable. I find mockery to be just about the lowest form of behavior, and it totally turned me off.
    That's a little different though, I don't mind a candidate themselves being mocked, even if Trump. I did a little myself towards Rubio, Cruz and Christie at one point I think. I'd hate to think we shouldn't hit them sometimes, then when we do so to the Dem candidates we would be labeled hypocrites. Because I know for sure that I plan on unloading on Hillary as she and the (R) nominee get into it after the conventions!!