I have always wondered why people feel like all college instructors are flaming liberals. I had a pretty good mix of libs and conservatives when I was in college. The worst instructor I ever had was a liberal. It wasn't her class behavior I had an issue with. I missed a lot of class one semester when I had medical problems and she was the only one who wouldn't allow me to make up work missed.

I never paid any attention to the views expressed by instructors outside of class. A lot of Ivy league classes are taught by teaching assistants or fellows, anyway. The real crackpots spend the majority of their time writing scholarly papers. They have tenure and no longer have to teach anything but advanced classes.

I took a history class from someone who continually tried to credit Biblical figures with advances made by civilization in the 19th and 20th centuries. I followed that with a 20th century European history class taught by a guy who denied the existence of all religions.
I made an 'A' in both classes by doing the work required and not getting into discussions with anyone.