Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
I firmly believe in open carry law myself.
However, the 2nd Amendment makes no limiting distinction in restricting the right to bear arms--be it open or conceal carry.
Neither government state or Federal has any constitutional authority to restrict open carry.
If any leeway is to be given it should only be in the conceal carry aspect--such as restrictions on convicted felons, (or medically verified crazy people), that are never applicable to law-abiding citizens that have no felony record...
That is as far as I would go--and even there I tend to think that if the felony did not involve any weapon use, the right to bear arms, should be restored when the time is done - that being disregarded if given early release...

The 9th circus is known to be made up of idiots, that get more wrong than right IMHO..-Tyr
I'm going with Surf Fishing Guru on this one. Although, I WILL say I believe the 2nd Amendment trumps state law. And as I said before, the law was written when people carried openly. Gun laws, at least here in the SW were town to town. If it weren't for idiots and criminals we wouldn't need them. And if you want to stick a .44 or .50 caliber flintlock down your pants, you go right ahead. I'll watch, thanks. The second amendment was written when people openly carried.

I don't see the need for concealment. Yes, this IS a Winchester Model 94 in ,30-30 and if you f*ck with me I WILL use it. I'm all for putting bad guys on notice. I'm sick of them running our country over stupid gun laws.

One example I can think of is if a woman's got a .25 in her purse? It may be "concealed" but who really gives a damn? I think this is just another leftwing, contrived issue. Let's not pay attention to the criminal elephant in the room. Let's create a diversion. Name of their game. Deflection. EVERY time. The only time they can focus on anything is when they're going after a conservative.