Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Yeah... I'm torn on the morning-after pill, but I understand your reasoning.
    And, given your beliefs, I accept that you feel that way and I understand the arguments. I just feel that if someone has that belief, they're entitled to it, but shouldn't be allowed to work with people in this situation.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm sure there was at least emotional/mental trauma, if not physical trauma.
    If a rape actually happened.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    If a rape actually happened.
    No one is alleging it didn't, so I'm not quite certain why you're focused on that.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    No one is alleging it didn't, so I'm not quite certain why you're focused on that.

Bringing it up once means I'm 'focused' on it? wha??

Unless you were the cop taking the report, you have no idea what trauma existed. Could it be she was in there laughing? acting suspicious? I dunno.

Side note: If it were a MAN reporting a rape, and he were arrested, do you (not you - jil, but 'you' the reader) wonder if the outcry would be the same?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And, given your beliefs, I accept that you feel that way and I understand the arguments. I just feel that if someone has that belief, they're entitled to it, but shouldn't be allowed to work with people in this situation.
    I'm not sure they shouldn't be allowed to work with people, but it should be clear the repercussions of projecting your beliefs onto others through your work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bringing it up once means I'm 'focused' on it? wha??

Unless you were the cop taking the report, you have no idea what trauma existed. Could it be she was in there laughing? acting suspicious? I dunno.

Side note: If it were a MAN reporting a rape, and he were arrested, do you (not you - jil, but 'you' the reader) wonder if the outcry would be the same?
    Actually you questioned whether a trauma occurred twice. That aside, if the article questioned the veracity of her complaint, I think it would be fair to discuss. The article doesn't question her veracity on the rape charge, so perhaps the more relevant issues are a) was her treatment appropriate given that?; b) is there a way to prevent this type of thing in the future?; and c) were the priorities of the cops appropriate under the circumstances and what discretionary power did they have?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Actually you questioned whether a trauma occurred twice.
    No............I brought it up ONCE.

I said "IF the rape occurred"...when questioned I asked "If trauma occurred".

Rape doesn't always involve trauma - they aren't always linked. But even if you STRETCH it - my 2nd reply was a clarification to my first. It's me bringing up the subject ONCE, then clarifiying. You ALWAYS argue with me, Jill.

That aside, if the article questioned the veracity of her complaint, I think it would be fair to discuss. The article doesn't question her veracity on the rape charge,
    Correct. All we have is all we have. We are speculating. I'm saying 'unless you were there, you wouldn't know what lead the officers to decide to arrest. I'm speculating (and I think I'm right) the officers felt it was their duty to arrest the woman; who had a felony warrant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The jail worker that refused to give her a second dose of the med. should be fired.
    That individual is NOT (unless it was the jail nurse) a medical professional and has only set the local government up for a liability. Even if it was the jail nurse it goes against medical protocol. I see a BIG law suite coming on this one, bigger if she becomes pregnant.

As far as the arrest goes for an outstanding warrant..no problem.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    The jail worker that refused to give her a second dose of the med. should be fired.
    That individual is NOT (unless it was the jail nurse) a medical professional and has only set the local government up for a liability. Even if it was the jail nurse it goes against medical protocol. I see a BIG law suite coming on this one, bigger if she becomes pregnant.

As far as the arrest goes for an outstanding warrant..no problem.
    Unfortunately, there's no cause of action for "wrongful life".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unfortunately, there's no cause of action for "wrongful life".
    Withholding a medical treatment? I could make a case. I think.
    Last edited by Mr. P; 01-31-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    With holding a medical treatment? I could make a case. I think.
    Yes. But whats the measure of damages? The life and the emotional distress because of it.

You might be right, of course. But it's going to be a rough case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It all boils down to 'MONEY'! The "investigation" was halted AFTER they found out she owed MONEY. Typical of a police force. It is DRILLED into these cops heads to write as many tickets as possible. It's their bread and butter. But when they find out they have someone already in custody that's already been through the system and OWE'S MONEY, hell, you're cuffed and stuffed, no matter what.

Is that wrong? You fuckin' A. In this case I think it was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes. But whats the measure of damages? The life and the emotional distress because of it.

You might be right, of course. But it's going to be a rough case.
    I’d go for the lifetime expenses of raising a kid today (BIG bucks). And the emotional distress of the mother for being forced to do so against her will. She doesn’t believe in abortion but doesn’t view a med that ‘prevents’ a complete pregnancy as such. Jury selection would be critical.

A million $ or so, maybe.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rape doesn't always involve trauma - they aren't always linked.
    I absolutely disagree. Rape is always traumatic for the victim, if not physically, then certainly emotionally and mentally.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I absolutely disagree. Rape is always traumatic for the victim, if not physically, then certainly emotionally and mentally.
    That 17 year old boy in GA? Remember him? While he's not in jail for 'rape', it CERTAINLY illustrates how the (quoty fingers) Rape can be MORE traumatic for the (quoty fingers) rapist.