Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    go back reread and I edited that.

the thought i was going for was.. you have EVEN LESS concern for those killed by cops.
    But i worded it poorly.
    And I posted previously, you're too busy thinking about what you want to say next to listen. I don't like cops. I stay away from them. Works like a charm.

There's no "lack of concern". But should there not be concern for the cops too? Look at Ferguson. This histrionic shit cost that cop his career and he was justified. Too late after they hanged him out to dry. What about HIM? HIS family?

No one's arguing bad cops aren't bad. The argument is making it look like ALL cops are bad. That's crap.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    And I posted previously, you're too busy thinking about what you want to say next to listen. I don't like cops. I stay away from them. Works like a charm.

There's no "lack of concern". But should there not be concern for the cops too? Look at Ferguson. This histrionic shit cost that cop his career and he was justified. Too late after they hanged him out to dry. What about HIM? HIS family?

No one's arguing bad cops aren't bad. The argument is making it look like ALL cops are bad. That's crap.
    I'm sure most people on the board see me as very pro police. The majority of time I am defending them and their actions. Again, for me it's a case by case basis. It's not about being pro police or a police hater, but for me it's usually about the rule of law. I hold myself to a different standard though.

I would argue that if ANYONE on the board had a reason, or reasons to not like the police, that would be me!! Thing is though, 99% of the time I deserved it, well maybe like 90%. It started off by driving like an idiot, and when you do that you might get pulled over. Then I act like a jerk off when the cop comes back to my car holding a ticket. But who's fault was it? That time, right in front of him I crumpled up the ticket and tossed it over my shoulder into the back of the car, acting like a tough guy! LOL The cop was like "I don't care, do whatever you want, but you'll lose your license if you don't show up and/or pay the fine" or something like that.

I was "profiled" in the area I grew up. Often it was because I drove a very old nasty looking puke green colored van. This thing SCREAMED "drugs", or worse. Add in that I had REAL long hair back then. So pulled over a ton, and a lot of those times I would get searched.

Then more driving like an asshole, even after upgrading from the van! Funny how they still "abuse" you and ticket you for speeding, whether in a piece of shit, or in a new and small geeky car, and wearing a suit on the way to work.

Made it over 12 points in NJ and lost license. Had to attend some goofy class to get it restored and have 3 points taken off my records. Then repeated that process like a year later!!

Then I got married, and smarter. Same as you say, I simply stayed away from them, as in being smarter, driving better and not breaking laws. Ok, I think it was only 1 more speeding ticket. But I've currently got 0 points and haven't had to really deal with the police because I am friends with a few. But funny how when I see a cop I still get really nervous as if I'm potentially about to go to jail!

More to the story than just speeding of course, I was a bad boy for a bit there, but nothing THAT bad.

What the hell am I rambling on about here? I had to scroll back up to see what I'm replying to and what point I was trying to make. I don't think I made much sense here, did I? LOL and I swear, no, I am not stoned!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm sure most people on the board see me as very pro police. The majority of time I am defending them and their actions. Again, for me it's a case by case basis. It's not about being pro police or a police hater, but for me it's usually about the rule of law. I hold myself to a different standard though.
    Me as well...

Why is that message not clear here?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!