Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    I would rather use the language the most understandable for Americans.

Looks to be an impressive rate of progress on the face of it. Though ... even judging from this propaganda piece, the average Russian is only earning around $530 in income, after approximate conversion from roubles to dollars (.. in 2013). What's the timescale for such earnings, anyway ... is it weekly ? Monthly ? Longer ?? Please clarify.

I wonder how well Americans would do on such a comparatively low wage ?

Perhaps this is why Russia is so keen to land-grab, as it did with Crimea ? Is it copying the old USSR model, where Russia took resources away from its satellite countries, to inflate its standard of living ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-05-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Looks to be an impressive rate of progress on the face of it. Though ... even judging from this propaganda piece, the average Russian is only earning around $530 in income, after approximate conversion from roubles to dollars (.. in 2013). What's the timescale for such earnings, anyway ... is it weekly ? Monthly ? Longer ?? Please clarify.

Perhaps this is why Russia is so keen to land-grab, as it did with Crimea ? Is it copying the old USSR model, where Russia took resources away from its satellite countries, to inflate its standard of living ?
    Damn. I need to move to Russia. I'd be considered rich on my retirement check with that income average. That average income would have you living under a bridge here.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Damn. I need to move to Russia. I'd be considered rich on my retirement check with that income average. That average income would have you living under a bridge here.
    Quite !!

Though ... for people to survive on those low wages, it has to follow that State subsidies on even the most basic of goods is considerable. Where does the money come from to sustain such a thing, and especially for a country the size of Russia ?

It has to follow that Russia is running a 'Mickey Mouse' economy ... on wholly unrealistic lines. Such a structure has to collapse one day.

... OR .... maybe not. Russia could always copy the old Soviet model and annexe countries, to begin a parasitic relationship with them.

My belief is that we'll see a lot more than just Crimea annexed in years to come. Russia either enforces a new 'empire' on others, or, it goes into meltdown.

P.S ... an afterthought. Russia, in financial difficulty, would consider selling / manufacturing what it can to get much-needed foreign money. Now ... what if they start selling in massively increased quantities what they have the most of .. armaments ? What rogue nations would happily buy them ?

-- Assad's Syria, for example ? I wonder if Putin's staunch support for him has a financial aspect to it ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-05-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

I'll try to clarify.
    In Russia national currency is rubles and all salaries and expenses are in rubles too. So there is no direct relation between currencies basing on commercial bank exchange rate. For you it may be too complicated to understand as you started to compare salaries calculating them into dollars.
    To have an idea you must know the prices, tariffs, taxes and insurance rates.
    But there are indirect indicators - to see how people live. Very often it gives the more reliable information for understanding than statistical data.
    Once I put a clip from underground, where people could be seen as they are. But all they are wealthy people as they can afford themselves to have smartphones and pay tariff to enter the subway. But poor souls, who never saw the metro from inside, have to spend hours in traffic jams in their cars every day to re-register at the labor exchanges in order not to lose their welfare and get their free plate of charity soup. Don't believe? - Have a look.

Especially for you and those who didn't understand it yet, repeating once again - Russia satisfied the WILL of the folks of Republic Crimea expressed at their republican referendum to REUNITE with their historical Motherland as they DID NOT want to live in Ukraine furthermore after the NAZI STATE coup the West organized, paid and conducted in Kiev in February 2014.
    If you are not able to understand it - learn it by heart mechanically.
    Last edited by Balu; 04-05-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)