Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yeah, I caught an episode last night with him in a tee. You must be slumming these days if you call those t-rex appendages hanging out his sleeves "arms" .
    And what do you have going on?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post
    And what do you have going on?
    It sure ain't that fake tan he sports. I actually drive my truck places instead of from the back of a bigger truck to the restaurant, and the tan is real. Pretty sure my hair (or lack thereof) doesn't look like I stole it from Spencers.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It sure ain't that fake tan he sports. I actually drive my truck places instead of from the back of a bigger truck to the restaurant, and the tan is real. Pretty sure my hair (or lack thereof) doesn't look like I stole it from Spencers.
    I never did think green was your color...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Interesting thread ! I've only just caught up with it.

I'm British .. so it might not be any surprise to anyone that I'm a fan of fish & chips. Or, steak & chips (the thicker and juicier the cut of steak, the better ...). Sometimes I add slices of some delicious black pudding to the meal, for added spice and fortifying iron content. For those Americans still not clear as to what black pudding is ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

Ah, but, what's my 'quirk' .. ?

Well ... I love garlic. I'm not talking about crushing garlic and having a hint of its taste added to my meal. I'm talking about peeling at least two garlic cloves, and munching through them as part of the meal.

A mouthful of chips, mixed with some battered cod .. then, bite through a garlic clove and munch half of one along with the mouthful of food (then, the other half with the next mouthful). It adds 'kick' to the whole mixture ... adds life to your food. I've got to the stage where I think that no such meal is complete without the cloves to munch through.

I think of eating a raw garlic clove as the food equivalent of a shot of whisky. Brilliant ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-09-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Interesting thread ! I've only just caught up with it.

I'm British .. so it might not be any surprise to anyone that I'm a fan of fish & chips. Or, steak & chips (the thicker and juicier the cut of steak, the better ...). Sometimes I add slices of some delicious black pudding to the meal, for added spice and fortifying iron content. For those Americans still not clear as to what black pudding is ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

Ah, but, what's my 'quirk' .. ?

Well ... I love garlic. I'm not talking about crushing garlic and having a hint of its taste added to my meal. I'm talking about peeling at least two garlic cloves, and munching through them as part of the meal.

A mouthful of chips, mixed with some battered cod .. then, bite through a garlic clove and munch half of one along with the mouthful of food (then, the other half with the next mouthful). It adds 'kick' to the whole mixture ... adds life to your food. I've got to the stage where I think that no such meal is complete without the cloves to munch through.

I think of eating a raw garlic clove as the food equivalent of a shot of whisky. Brilliant ...
    Speechless!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Speechless!
    ... That's probably because of all the garlic fumes ....

I find my 'quirk' delicious, though. Nothing enhances a plate of fish & chips quite like black pudding and garlic. It's all highly nutritious, too. The pudding will be high in iron and zinc. The garlic will be an excellent iodine source (good for thyroid conditions, or needs). In fact, garlic is the most concentrated source of dietary iodine obtainable from any land-based form of food.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    ... That's probably because of all the garlic fumes ....

I find my 'quirk' delicious, though. Nothing enhances a plate of fish & chips quite like black pudding and garlic. It's all highly nutritious, too. The pudding will be high in iron and zinc. The garlic will be an excellent iodine source (good for thyroid conditions, or needs). In fact, garlic is the most concentrated source of dietary iodine obtainable from any land-based form of food.
    Yeah, but they make the odorless kind that doesn't singe your neighbors' eyelashes when you breathe.

Garlic also is a natural antibiotic. It is a source of anicillin; which, is a precursor to penicillin.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke