Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Brings up a point the Congressman made early on -- ",,,an Ohio man ...." The Congressman said he wouldn't be from Charlottesville. He stated the troublemakers would be from elsewhere.

Another point ... what is some clown from Ohio, a Northern state, doing using a Confederate battle flag as a symbol of his hatred?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Had to do some reading on the so-called Alt Right. This Spencer guy, I don't think I've ever seen someone try so hard to channel George Lincoln Rockwell in my life. Most of them seem like conspiracy nuts to me though. Are they dumb? Yes they are.

ANTIFA. The more I read from these lunatics the more I'm sure they should be called PROFA. Are they dumb? Yes they are.

Terry McAuliffe mishandled this situation. He's a political creature and acted like one. IS he dumb? Yes he is.

The guy who killed someone with his car deserves the needle.

The US Senators who just within the last hour made their statements about this incident...all I can say to those GOP Senators is that if you have to spend a lot of time telling people how not racist you are then you're probably a racist piece of horsecrap.

What's been lost is the reason all of these idiots converged in the first place. Wanting to erase Robert E. Lee from our history is asinine and un-American.

There is something seriously wrong with this country right now and I don't believe elections will fix the problem.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    All the alt righters on this board are silent. Must be at the protest. Who here was in the car?
    You know, Pete, sometimes you're really a douchebag.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    What's been lost is the reason all of these idiots converged in the first place. Wanting to erase Robert E. Lee from our history is asinine and un-American.
    Exactly, and what that boils down to is a radical leftist idea that all our history and it's participants that had anything to do with the south during the Civil War should be wiped off the face of American history. Well ya know, that sounds a hell of a lot like ISIS destroying priceless religious remains because it's not MUSLIM. I for one absolutely DESPISE this idea that we should shun the confederate battle flag and take down all these statues. You can't change that the Civil War happened or what it was about. I would think that blacks should be happy enough with how the war turned out. If the flag and the statues bother you so much, don't look at them. I see all this shunning and take it down business as just another black people coddling, double standard and erosion of our rights as Americans. It's political correctness, once again, run amok.

So do I agree with the whole white nationalists group? No. They're a bunch of damn racists. Do I think they had every right to assemble? Yes. Do I think they had a legitimate reason to assemble? Yes. So why couldn't all these damn leftists just let them have their rally and everyone go home peacefully? Well, because what seems to be the pattern with the left is, if you're saying something they disagree with, they appear not able to just let you have your say, they need to SHUT YOU UP, you need to be SILENCED, and that my fiends is text book fascism, and I for one am sick and freakin' tired of it. It's a double standard that is so blatant and in your face is sickening. What if a bunch of conservatives/right showed up at one of these freaky leftist marches with the women wearing their pussy hats and talking about blowing up the white house, and started beating people up?

Yes I see too much violence nowadays in America, but I think i know who the main culprits are that start it, and it's not the conservatives.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-13-2017 at 09:28 AM.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    ... I think i know who the main culprits are that start it, and it's not the conservatives.
    It never is.

10. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Meanwhile, the mother of the driver learned about the incident from the media. I feel sorry for her. Parents are increasingly left responsible for their adult children's misdeeds.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/201...d-shocked.html

12. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The driver should get death for his actions. There definitely were some racists at the event. And I'm sure racists from both sides. I saw tons more of the Antifa type, walking around with baseball bats and helmets gearing up looking for a fight. Many of them found some.

I think Trump was spot on when pointing out this shit is coming from different angles. Of course condemn this driver 100%, but there's a lot more to the event as a total, and who was violent, and who was looking to create problems/fights.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

14. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Within 24 hours Trump has condemned the actions, and then further condemned any crap about racism and any racist groups. It would appear that BOTH sides of the aisle have been equally condemning any actions that took place. Jeff Sessions has now condemned such actions. He is also opening a civil rights case by the DOJ.

If only the president, government & the DOJ acted as such every time riots and violence took over the streets, and someone is killed. Or acted as swiftly.

---

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Condemns White Nationalism, Vows Justice Will Prevail

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is strongly condemning the violent actions of white nationalists in Charlottesville Saturday and vowing justice will prevail as DOJ opens a civil rights investigation.

“The violence and deaths in Charlottesville strike at the heart of American law and justice. When such actions arise from racial bigotry and hatred, they betray our core values and cannot be tolerated," Sessions released in a statement Saturday night. "I have talked with FBI Director Chris Wray, FBI agents on the scene, and law enforcement officials for the state of Virginia. The FBI has been supporting state and local authorities throughout the day. U.S. Attorney Rick Mountcastle has commenced a federal investigation and will have the full support of the Department of Justice. Justice will prevail.”

"The Richmond FBI Field Office, the Civil Rights Division, and the US Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia have opened a civil rights investigation into the circumstances of the deadly vehicular incident that occurred earlier Saturday morning. The FBI will collect all available facts and evidence, and as this is an ongoing investigation we are not able to comment further at this time,” the Richmand FBI field office added.

Rest here - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...evail-n2367837
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

All of the racist crap is horrid, and I'm glad to see everyone condemns such things. And while not forgetting what happened to the young lady, the actions of ALL should not be overlooked.

NOTHING excuses "actions" made by anyone. Butthere is no doubt that MANY folks were out to find trouble yesterday.

---

Gov. McAuliffe in Charlottesville ‘No Place in America’ for Alt-Right, Refuses to Condemn AntiFa

Charlottesville, VA — The usually busy streets of the historic downtown of Charlottesville saw its tourists and locals substituted with heavily armed police and protesters this afternoon, following altercations which lasted from Friday night through to Saturday morning.

Originally billed as a protest in favour of free speech — alongside the disdain over the removal of Confederate statues in the city — the “alt-right” rally found itself transformed into a torch-wielding, Nazi-flag waving dereliction of American values — at least considering the publicity afforded to the event, and the behaviour of some of the rally’s attendees.

In brief, what transpired amounted to a disgusting and unwelcome throwback to segregationist ideas and rhetoric at a time when patriotic conservatism is gaining ground. While many media minutes and deliberations will be afforded to the fascistic right, almost none will be dedicated to the fascistic left.

Gun control supporter Governor Terry McAuliffe was whisked into a downtown building under massively armed police protection in the middle of the afternoon, via a small alleyway off Main Street. One female witness to the scene shouted, “Thank you for showing up!”

On Main Street, after the initial violence, hard leftists sang songs, re-purposing Lady Gaga’s hit song “Paparazzi” with the words “pop a Nazi”. One man told me he was told it was the “wrong day to be white in this town,” while the abandoned stores and bars sported signs that read: “We kindly ask to respect our policy to not bring weapons inside our restaurant or on our patio”.

In the mid afternoon — after protesters were run over by a car, leaving one dead — stick-wielding left-wing activists roamed the streets aimlessly in groups of four or five. One such group screamed: “F**k Donald Trump,” as a girl — clearly unrelated to either side — walked past them.

A few hours later, McAuliffe took the opportunity to address the nation from the stage of the Albemarle County office building, flanked by local officials, as well as a man in a t-shirt which read “Menace II Supremacy”.

McAuliffe flipped back and forth between urging for calm and unity, and demanding division while insisting pro-Confederate statue protesters were persona non grata in his Commonwealth.

He lauded presidents Jefferson and Washington, but ran entirely contrary to their commitments to free speech by declaring of protesters: “There is no place for you in America”.

Insisting “we were here to bring people together and unify folks”, he added “We are a nation of immigrants… unless you’re native American”.

“Please go home and never come back,” he said to Unite the Right protesters, adding: “Take your hatred and take your bigotry”.

Instead of a call for dialogue, or even trying to explain what would be a totally reasonable and easily-made argument against flying Nazi flags or torch-lit demonstrations, he chose to further drive a wedge, as did those who flanked him on stage.

“They’re going to be in the trash heap of history,” said the Charlottesville mayor, while police chief Al Thomas defended the police strategy on the day. Despite having had weeks of notice, as well granting a protest permit to alt-right protesters, there were three fatalities and many injured. In an oddly nativist tone, he declared “outsiders do not tell our story”.

The media tone is also evidently one-sided. While no one — including this website — would take up the cause of defending the actions of the alt right or Nazi flag wavers, it is important to note how quickly many have chosen to lump the blame at the doorstep of President Donald Trump.

CNN issued a push notification to app users’ mobile devices around 8:30pm local time stating: “President Trump fails to condemn the alt-right and white supremacists in his statement about violence in Charlottesville, Virginia”.

No such accusations were hurled by the establishment media at Democrat leaders when a Bernie Sanders supporter shot at Republican congressmen in June.

In brief, it can be said with demonstrable authority that while Republicans and conservatives are very swift to decry extremists claiming to act in the name of their causes, the left do no such thing. In fact, they continue to fund and support antiFa and radical elements in their ranks, scarcely asked questions by the establishment media, and without any contritition for the divisions caused as a result.

I asked Gov. McAuliffe four times tonight to condemn in equal measure the violence of antiFa. I didn’t want him to rescind criticism of the alt right. I didn’t expect him to be nuanced. But I did think — perhaps foolishly — that he might want to distance himself from violent tactics on both sides. I supposed wrong.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ondemn-antifa/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Pollak: Trump Was Right to Condemn Violence on ‘Many Sides’ in Charlottesville

President Donald Trump reacted to Saturday’s violence in Charlottesville by condemning violence “on many sides.” His critics pounced, saying that he should have specifically condemned violence by white supremacists, and that by not doing so, he in fact condoned such violence.

The critics are guilty of a double standard, and of exploiting the violence for political gain, widening America’s divisions at a time when national unity is the only proper course.

First of all, as a factual matter, it is self-evident that there was violence on both sides on Saturday, though the attack in which a car plowed into a crowd of left-wing protesters stands apart as a despicable act. Two groups who have been fighting all over the country — white supremacists and so-called “anti-fascists” — went to Charlottesville to do the same, just as they did last summer in Sacramento, and just as they have elsewhere. Condemning one side alone would essentially have given the other side a pass for its tactics — and a political victory that neither deserved.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ce-many-sides/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

McMaster goes even further in his condemnation

---

McMaster: Charlottesville Attack Was Terrorism

The vehicle attack in Charlottesville, Va. that left one woman dead on Saturday was an act of terrorism, National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster said on Sunday.

“I certainly think any time that you commit an attack against people to incite fear, it is terrorism. It meets the definition of terrorism,” McMaster said in an interview on ABC News’ “This Week.”

James Alex Fields Jr., 20, was arrested Saturday and charged with second-degree murder in the attack. Video footage appears to show him driving his 2010 Dodge Challenger into a group of counter-protesters who were in Charlottesville to demonstrate against white nationalists and neo-Nazis who were rallying against the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/mc...rrorism-video/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And before the neverTrumpers somehow go after Ivanka for this and blame her for something, for just being in the white house... Good for her!

---

Ivanka Condemns ‘Racism, White Supremacy’ After Charlottesville Violence

Ivanka Trump did not hold back in her reaction Sunday to the riots in Charlottesville, Virginia that left three people dead and 19 injured in the wake of a white nationalist rally.

“There should be no place in society for racism, white supremacy and neo-nazis,” the first daughter tweeted after violence broke out at the rally between white supremacists and counter-protesters, which included members of Black Lives Matter and Antifa.

“We must all come together as Americans — and be one country UNITED. #Charlottesville,” she added.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/iv...ille-violence/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Did I miss someone posting this already? If so, I suck!!

How 'n the hell does someone get infatuated with someone like Hitler or nazi crap? Well, I guess the mental health stuff, but still. And the hatred built up that much apparently, to where it boiled over - and he would want to try and run people over? And make a decision that he should have known would affect the rest of his life?

I wonder if he'll use his mental capacity as a defense. He should either get the needle, or keep him in a safe place for about 700,800 hours.

--

Ex-Teacher: Charlottesville Attack Suspect Had Nazi Obsession, Mental Health Problems

The 20-year-old man accused of driving his car into a crowd of counter-protesters during a white nationalist rally Charlottesville, Va., had an “infatuation” with Adolf Hitler and Nazis, according to the suspect’s high school history teacher.

James Alex Fields Jr., 20, was arrested Saturday and charged with second-degree murder after he allegedly slammed his car into a group of people in downtown Charlottesville, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others.

Derek Weimer said he was not surprised when authorities named Fields as the driver. Weimer, who taught history to Fields Jr. at Randall K. Cooper High School in Union, Ky., said he was quiet yet bright student who had “radical ideas on race.”

“He was very infatuated with the Nazis, with Adolf Hitler,” Weimer told WCPO News in Cincinnati. “He also had a huge military history, especially with German military history and World War II. But, he was pretty infatuated with that stuff.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/ex...alth-problems/

21. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Meanwhile, the mother of the driver learned about the incident from the media. I feel sorry for her. Parents are increasingly left responsible for their adult children's misdeeds.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/201...d-shocked.html
    Yup, what a shitty way to find out. The poor woman was getting out of her car in the garage when approached by the media and bombarded with questions. She had no idea up until then. Her life is forever changed now too.

There's a twitter video of it on this page - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...suspect-video/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I just don't see the same degree of perceived outrage and condemnation at violence by BLM, or the NEW BLACK PANTHERS, or MUSLIMS, etc. It's always ten times worse when a WHITE person or group does something. Gets old.

So if all these frothing at the mouth talking heads want to convince me they're not pandering, they should show the same amount of disgust and condemnation towards BLM, the NAACP, the NEW BLACK PANTERS, the BLOODS, the CRYPS, MS-13, etc, etc... where are all these ranting and raving officials with blood shooting out their eyes against racism when it's a group that's something other than white? I don't see it.

What I do see is a double standard. We've all heard it time and again... "only whites can be racist."
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-13-2017 at 04:07 PM.