Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Man wrote the bible. Boom! Man made god.
    I don't see any "boom" there. All I see is you thinking you're sneaky.

"MAN" wrote every word there is in every book on the planet, and that includes ALL history, so using your retarded little spin on men writing things, that would mean ALL our history is MADE UP.

Sorry, but your little game here is stupid and infantile.

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Man wrote the bible. Boom! Man made god.
    uh...God - even the Jewish God - existed WELL Before the bible. Please do a modicum of research if you want to convince folks you're smart. Judaism as a faith predates the bible by thousands of years.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You can believe in god but also believe we can know or can't know. They are not mutually exclusive.
    agreed.....every Christian would say they believe in God but realize that we can't prove Him to anyone......

from your link....
    Of course, for Christians, the Bible is more than just a human book. It is the authoritative, written Word of God. Through this ancient collection of books, God speaks into our world, revealing who he is and how he’s at work—then and now—repairing all that is broken. God did not simply give dictation to the human authors of Scripture; their contribution is real. Their personalities, perspectives, and writing styles are all discernable in the text—as are the unique situations and circumstances of those to whom they were writing. Yet God’s universal message is present from Genesis to Revelation.
    so your argument is that man made God and then God revealed himself to man?.....

I don't think you understand Atheism. You understand it's not a religion right?
    atheists tell themselves that all the time.......it makes them feel less like the idiots they really are......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Pete, Christianity is having faith in God the Father and Christ his Son...
    Atheism is having faith that there is no god. Which is the other side of the coin.
    Atheists love to say that man can not prove God exists- while they ignore the fact that they can nt prove God does not exist!
    Yet many Atheists believe that there is other Life in the Universe , without any proof.
    You are free to ignore these points I make and the reality that Atheism is a belief system--same is is Christianity or any other recognized religion.
    True Atheist act on faith- because to date nobody has ever proved there is no God and many HAVE TRIED.

Also there is the fact, that many lifelong Atheists recant when on their deathbed.--Tyr

Re: Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2011
    Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne [/b]the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness."wink

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!"wink

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell! …Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

Charles IX
    was the French king who urged on by his mother, gave the order for the massacre of the French Huguenots, in which 15,000 souls were slaughtered in Paris alone and 100,000 in other sections of France, for no other reason than that they loved Christ. The guilty king suffered miserably for years after that event. He finally died, bathed in blood bursting from his veins. To his physicians he said in his last hours: "Asleep or awake, I see the mangled forms of the Huguenots passing before me. They drop with blood. They point at their open wounds. Oh! That I had spared at least the little infants at the bosom! What blood! I know not where I am. How will all this end? What shall I do? I am lost forever! I know it. Oh, I have done wrong."

David Strauss, leading representative of German rationalism, after spending a lifetime erasing belief in God from the minds of others: "My philosophy leaves me utterly forlorn! I feel like one caught in the merciless jaws of an automatic machine, not knowing at what time one of its great hammers may crush me!"

In a Newsweek interview with Svetlana Stalin, the daughter of Josef Stalin, she told of her father's death: "My father died a difficult and terrible death. . God grants an easy death only to the just. . At what seemed the very last moment he suddenly opened his eyes and cast a glance over everyone in the room. It was a terrible glance, insane or perhaps angry. . His left hand was raised, as though he were pointing to something above and bringing down a curse on us all. The gesture was full of menace. . The next moment he was dead."

Anton LeVey author of the Satanic Bible and high priest of the religion dedicated to the worship of Satan. Some of his famous quotes are “There is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised”. His dying words were "Oh my, oh my, what have I done, there is something very wrong…there is something very wrong….”
    Re: Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying by mazaje(m): 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2011

frosbel:

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne
    the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

[b]Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness."wink

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!"wink

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell! …Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I don't see any "boom" there. All I see is you thinking you're sneaky.

"MAN" wrote every word there is in every book on the planet, and that includes ALL history, so using your retarded little spin on men writing things, that would mean ALL our history is MADE UP.

Sorry, but your little game here is stupid and infantile.
    I told you already to research what the standards for historical accuracy are.

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    uh...God - even the Jewish God - existed WELL Before the bible. Please do a modicum of research if you want to convince folks you're smart. Judaism as a faith predates the bible by thousands of years.
    That makes a difference how? Men still created Judaism. All the customs, all the writings.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    atheists tell themselves that all the time.......it makes them feel less like the idiots they really are......
    how christian of you

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    from your link....

so your argument is that man made God and then God revealed himself to man?.....
    God revealed himself to me last night. He has 3 tentacles coming out of his face, had purple hair and he spoke arabic. Do you believe me? Let me write it down. Wait 2000 years. Then read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Pete, Christianity is having faith in God the Father and Christ his Son...
    Atheism is having faith that there is no god. Which is the other side of the coin.
    Atheists love to say that man can not prove God exists- while they ignore the fact that they can nt prove God does not exist!
    Yet many Atheists believe that there is other Life in the Universe , without any proof.
    You are free to ignore these points I make and the reality that Atheism is a belief system--same is is Christianity or any other recognized religion.
    True Atheist act on faith- because to date nobody has ever proved there is no God and many HAVE TRIED.

Also there is the fact, that many lifelong Atheists recant when on their deathbed.--Tyr
    There are more gods than the christian god, but why did you pick the christian god? And btw, you are mixing up Atheism and agnosticism. One is belief and the other is ability to know. I don't believe in the christian god because I also don't believe in zeus yet I can't prove zeus doesn't exist. Should I believe in zeus now too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

There are more gods than the christian god, but why did you pick the christian god? And btw, you are mixing up Atheism and agnosticism. One is belief and the other is ability to know. I don't believe in the christian god because I also don't believe in zeus yet I can't prove zeus doesn't exist. Should I believe in zeus now too?
    Really??? "ability to know".. Know what Pete?
    You clearly postulate --to know that God is not real. Yet you do so with no proof--and that is called faith.
    Stop trying to muddy the waters .
    I do not and did not ask you to believe. I did point out that your stated stand exists because of the "faith" in there being no God, that you have--yet you when called on having that faith with no proof, try to muddy the waters and pull a Clinton-- in his define the meaning of -"is"- crap.
    Your Atheism , you admitted and it is clearly having faith that God does not exist.
    Yet you can not prove he does not exist. Thus whether you like it or not you have faith in a personal religious doctrine- that of there being no God..
    Logic, truth and intelligence exposes your errors and your weak denials as well .-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I told you already to research what the standards for historical accuracy are.
    OK, so it's your contention that all written history is a lie... got it ................ ..............
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-06-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Really??? "ability to know".. Know what Pete?
    You clearly postulate --to know that God is not real. Yet you do so with no proof--and that is called faith.
    Stop trying to muddy the waters .
    I do not and did not ask you to believe. I did point out that your stated stand exists because of the "faith" in there being no God, that you have--yet you when called on having that faith with no proof, try to muddy the waters and pull a Clinton-- in his define the meaning of -"is"- crap.
    Your Atheism , you admitted and it is clearly having faith that God does not exist.
    Yet you can not prove he does not exist. Thus whether you like it or not you have faith in a personal religious doctrine- that of there being no God..
    Logic, truth and intelligence exposes your errors and your weak denials as well .-Tyr
    I do not claim to know a superior being does not exist. I leave room for that. I don't believe in man made gods and live as if there is no god, but I can imagine and accept the notion of a superior being but none tied to a religion.
    Last edited by pete311; 11-06-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

OK, so it's your contention that all written history is a lie... got it ................ ..............
    Amazingly I get more out of debating aboutme and gunny than you and they mostly just insult me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Our Texas church killer had atheist links all over his social media pages...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Our Texas church killer had atheist links all over his social media pages...
    And Timothy McVeigh was a christian so.... stop baiting, I thought you were better than that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Amazingly I get more out of debating aboutme and gunny than you and they mostly just insult me.
    That's because I already know ahead of time that you're just going to respond with the same old crap. There's no reason to put any effort into a reply to you.

You're a one trick pony, and your one trick is pathetic.

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

That makes a difference how? Men still created Judaism. All the customs, all the writings.

It makes a difference because it shows your argument "Because man wrote the bible, man invented god" is silly. You should say "good point - I didn't mean specifically man created god AFTER the bible was canonized, what I meant was all talk of God was created from the mind of man - whether via oral or written records."

Then I would point out the scientific and philosophic and maybe biological evidence pointing towards God. Then you'd shut-down and build strawmen and go off-topic because you can't answer to that evidence. Because it scares you a little bit.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

That's because I already know ahead of time that you're just going to respond with the same old crap. There's no reason to put any effort into a reply to you.

You're a one trick pony, and your one trick is pathetic.
    Please put even less effort in and don't reply to me

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    It makes a difference because it shows your argument "Because man wrote the bible, man invented god" is silly. You should say "good point - I didn't mean specifically man created god AFTER the bible was canonized, what I meant was all talk of God was created from the mind of man - whether via oral or written records."

Then I would point out the scientific and philosophic and maybe biological evidence pointing towards God.
    What do you know of god before the bible was written?

I am interested in your evidence. Remember, philosophy is not evidence, and the "lack of understanding" does not equate to "then it must be god".

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

And Timothy McVeigh was a christian so.... stop baiting, I thought you were better than that
    You are lying or ignorant

McVeigh was born Catholic but drifted away from the faith. He told Time magazine in 1996 that he believed in a deity but had “lost touch with the religion” of his birth. He did “maintain core beliefs,” but declined in the interview to spell those beliefs out.

He became a little bit more specific before his execution in 2001. We might call him spiritual but not religious. He claimed to be agnostic but not an atheist. McVeigh believed in “science” and not “religion,” he said. (In fact, he said his religion was science.) His murky metaphysical notions included some sort of Deistic creator who set things in motion, not the personal God of Christianity.

21. Thanks PostmodernProphet, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post