Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    When I was a very young boy(age 6), I had a pet snake. I was fascinated by that snake right up to the time that it bite me....
    I was lucky that it was not poisonous...
    After that, I LEARNED THAT SNAKES AND OTHER SLIMY CREATURES DO NOT CHANGE WHAT THEY ARE.--Tyr
    I was stung by a Wood Scorpion in Phoenix, for real. I was renting a room from a friend of mine in Phoenix before I moved up to Deer Valley to go to MMI, and we were sitting at the dining room table talking one afternoon when I felt something crawling up my left side, I had no shirt on, and I swiped my hand to knock it off and noticed that it was a scorpion. It stung the middle finger on my left hand and instantly left a tiny little white dot. It didn't hurt all that much, possibly because I was working construction and had hard calluses on my hands. But I called 911 and told them what had happened and they sent out an ambulance. They asked are you short of breath, are you dizzy, do you feel nauseous, etc, etc, and the answer was no to all the questions. They said well, you're probably one of the hundred thousand to one that a scorpion sting doesn't effect. I think maybe it didn't get me very bad because I had such thick calluses on my hands, regardless, now I'm THE SCORPION KING... ...

One other thing, I had my big orange tiger cat, Buttons, and they said one of the best defenses against scorpions was a cat, because for some odd reason the sting doesn't bother them at all. I know this is true because one night he cornered IN MY BEDROOM, and he was knocking it all around and I know it was stinging him but he never even flinched. I moved OUT of there shortly after that.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-06-2017 at 02:32 PM.