I met with my physician today on a regularly scheduled appointment. I think he was as excited about the puppy as I am! He instantly started drawing up all the paperwork for me.

The regular "service dog" I believe is out of reach. They say it's about $20-30k in training! Yikes! And they also say it's best to buy one trained already, and not your own puppy.

But to make her an "emotional support dog" - nothing more than a dated letter from my psychiatrist with diagnosis, all about the puppy, his "prescription" for the dog, then on letterhead with his license and all that crap.

So now she can fly "in cabin" with me for free. Should I move anywhere where dogs aren't allowed - she IS by federal law. The main difference is "public places and accommodations". Where a service dog gets to stay at hotels and public places with no questions asked - she only gets protection for the airplane and housing.

BUT - if you look around for pet friendly hotels, there are TONS where ANY pet can stay. Then so many others are allowing "only service dogs and ESA's".

And at least instead of writing on the letter that I am "nuts", it solely states that my condition is DSMMD - 5th edition: Bipolar Affective Disorder, DSM-V 296.45, ICD-10 31.63
And then her ID card and vest will arrive soon as well!

Now she just needs training to be in public (not necessary, but gonna do anyway) - and also some obedience school so she doesn't turn out retarded like all the other animals I have owned!!