Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

China on Kim-Trump Summit: Trump Has Too Many ‘Unrealistic Ideas’

Chinese state media sought to reinject Beijing into the conversation following Tuesday’s historic summit between North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un and U.S. President Donald Trump, suggesting Americans “borrow some wisdom from Eastern philosophy” and abandon “unrealistic ideas” that the U.S. will not need China to mediate with Pyongyang.

Most of the commentary from government media on Wednesday morning local time arrived via the Global Times, which Beijing often uses as an unofficial mouthpiece. Several columns in the newspaper appeared to tepidly praise the summit between Trump and Kim while warning that, without Chinese intervention, any attempt at rehabilitating the bilateral relationship would be a failure.

One column warned Trump away from “unrealistic ideas” that Washington could soon render Beijing irrelevant in North Korean foreign policy.

“Trump may have to abandon unrealistic ideas that the US can become the main protagonist in North Korea’s economic story,” the Times warned. “The North Korean economy remains vulnerable following years of sanctions, so aid and investments are needed to rebuild its economy. The US and Europe are likely to be important sources of investment for North Korea if the UN Security Council loosens economic sanctions, but it is North Korea’s neighbors in Asia – such as China and South Korea – that will be main external drivers of North Korea’s economic rise.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...alistic-ideas/

Donald Trump Shows Kim Jong-un Promising Economic Future of North Korea

President Donald Trump showed North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un a bright economic future that was possible if he embraced freedom and diplomacy.

During the Singapore summit, Trump said he showed Kim a video revealing what was possible if he chose to denuclearize the region and open up his country to the world.

“That was a version of what could happen and take place,” he said, referring to the tape.

Trump commented that North Korea had “great beaches” that would make a great location for condos.

“You could have the best hotels in the world,” Trump said about his message to Kim. “Think of it from the real estate perspective.”

The president discussed his meeting with Kim during a press conference that lasted over an hour prior to his departure on Air Force One to return to the United States.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...f-north-korea/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Old ridge Runner thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Trump's top diplomat. This is a special kind of MAGA crazy. Glad he's on your team.
    I feel sorry for you, Pete. Would your Leftist world come crashing down over your ears if you had to applaud Trump for achieving ANYTHING worthwhile AT ALL ?

You're already close to that point. So ... you see only what you prefer to see. Blot out recognition of a reality you may have to acknowledge one day soon, for as long as you can ....

Sad.
    Last edited by Drummond; 06-12-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Likes Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

MONEY, is a great motivator... especially when you're BROKE.

6. Likes Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I'm amazed at how leftist news agencies like CNN and CBS kept repeating two alternating talking points:

Talking Point #1 - Nothing happened. Trump didn't do anything.

Talking Point #2 - Trump promised too much and didn't get anything back from Kim. Trump did too much.

Which stupid point are they trying to make? The two stupid points contradict each other, so they should decide which stupid point they want to focus on, and just stick with that stupid point.
    Last edited by Russ; 06-12-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

8. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Hate to give them ratings points but love watching them chase their tails ... especially while their head is up their butt.

If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks Abbey Marie, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux, Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I'm amazed at how leftist news agencies like CNN and CBS kept repeating two alternating talking points:

Talking Point #1 - Nothing happened. Trump didn't do anything.

Talking Point #2 - Trump promised too much and didn't get anything back from Kim. Trump did too much.

Which stupid point are they trying to make? The two stupid points contradict each other, so they should decide which stupid point they want to focus on, and just stick with that stupid point.
    That happens when they get their GROUP THINK MEMOS mixed up.

12. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default petey....you are just jealous we didn't include YOU in the CHICKEN count.

You guys count your chickens too fast over what was a photo op.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I trust KJU as much as anyone in charge in Iran.

But I also trust President Trump to out-fox anyone he desires.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

16. Thanks Drummond, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

So we stopped military exercises. Remind me again, what we got in return?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

How about the prospect of peace for the first time in well over 80 years in that region?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

19. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    How about the prospect of peace for the first time in well over 80 years in that region?
    So now the US is the weaker player? Kim gets something and we get a prospect? They have promised to denuclearize like a dozen times in the past.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

So now the US is the weaker player? Kim gets something and we get a prospect? They have promised to denuclearize like a dozen times in the past.
    what do you know about the military exercises we stopped doing? Which ones did we stop? How would the exercises we stopped adversely affect Readiness? Specifically, what are you worried about?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

22. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You are literally just looking for a reason to downplay the success of this thus far. WHAT in the world did you expect Trump to walk away with, besides an agreement that if pans out, would be beyond historic. Did you expect him to get a briefcase full of money? For Kim to retire and kill himself? To have come with all their weapons and personally hand them over to Trump? Seriously, what in the world did you expect from their first meeting? They met which was historic, they made an agreement that on paper would be fantastic. I think the opening stages couldn't have went any better. Now, now that the agreement has been made, I expect them to draw up further papers, and have future meetings, and those agreements would then need to pan out in reality.

But after one meeting, and coming out of the woodwork again to whine that we got nothing out of it, when thus far we got out of it some awesome declarations & his agreeing to denuke. If and when a time comes that he backs out and does nothing, that's one thing. But thus far? Excellent.

When Trump played him, and got prisoners with nothing in return, I don't recall you coming out of the woodwork.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

24. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Trump's top diplomat. This is a special kind of MAGA crazy. Glad he's on your team.
    Under what administration did Rodman first visit NoKo?

That's right - your Obama Hero.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............

I will take this comment back. I got the date wrong. It was 2017 instead of 2016.

You have not got the humility to admit when you boo-boo though pete.

But tell me - how did you assume Rodman was there as a diplomat?
    Last edited by Elessar; 06-13-2018 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Correct myself

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Where did I say any of that except PROSPECT? Putting words in people's mouths again?

A Deplorable!