Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Anti-Brexit scaremongering ....

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I have to agree .. it's pathetic. A result of the EU's outrageous stagnation over the last two years ?
    A result of the fact that our negotiations have lead to awful deals, because we are negotiating from such a weak position.

We now know the Northern Ireland border and fisheries have been botched - looking forward to see what other deals our elite Brexit negotiating team have been able to make (:
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    A result of the fact that our negotiations have lead to awful deals, because we are negotiating from such a weak position.

We now know the Northern Ireland border and fisheries have been botched - looking forward to see what other deals our elite Brexit negotiating team have been able to make (:
    Negotiating from a "weak position" is in your head. Negotiating "in good faith" is the right and proper way to do things. Unfortunately, the EU is not. In such a circumstance, the kid gloves come off and you shove it up the EU's backside. The strength of the EU is they have you believing they are strong.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

DID we negotiate from 'a weak position' .. ? I disagree.

We may not have had a very great deal to bargain with. But don't discount the importance, to the EU, of (for example) the future of EU citizens choosing to live and work, after Brexit, within the UK. And ... most importantly ... we are a prime contributor to EU coffers. Why do you think their very first move was to demand £100 billion pounds from us ??

We could've used that to insist upon a good deal .. saying you'll not even get the £39 million agreed upon unless we get a good deal.

But, no. Mrs May cared too much about getting ANY deal (I think that the very act of getting one was something she thought the history books would praise her over, possibly even present-day UK citizens, incredibly !!). So, she conceded ... too much.

Such was her personal pride, put before all else.

I very much doubt Parliament will ratify the deal.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You're too eager to blame our side for 'botched' terms. I remind you of what you should already well know ... an inordinate amount of time was wasted, BY THE EU, in doing NO negotiating. When they weren't demanding money, they were busily telling us what they definitely would not budge on.

Negotiation involves (to whatever degree) a measure of give and take. For most of this last 2 years, the EU has concentrated on 'take' to the cost of any willingness to 'give' anything at all.

You want to apportion blame. Yes ? OK, then. The lion's share should go, without question, to the EU ... who've blackmailed, bullied, demanded, laid down the law .. ANYTHING but negotiate in good faith.

Noir, whether or not you'll admit it, you know I'm right. The EU's 'negotiating' conduct (& I think deliberately, tactically so, throughout all this time) has been disreputable in the extreme.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!