Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
LOL... I can bench my ass for hours at a time and I clean and press my work shirts at least weekly.

Don't get me wrong, I still lift but not nearly as much as I used to. I am all done impressing people with my physical prowess and workout to maintain some state of good health.
I have never been into impressing other people. I've been lifting since around 74-75. Seriously since around 79-80. In that time, I have lifted with others maybe a total of 2 -3 years. When I used to have to use the base gym I would generally work out with someone around my level so I didn't end up completely stripping and reloading the bar every set.

My only competition EVER has been ME. More than last time. If I repeated the same workout with the same weight, was a write-off, maintenance workout in my book. And my gym throughout the years has been mostly the garage or patio but I CAN get creative . In Alexandria, VA living in an apartment with daughter, and Vista CA as well, the gym was the living room. I hauled my weights out of the closest, lifted, and back they went.

I was a skinny teenager and became obsessed with power, but it was never about anyone else. And it wasn't about looking good. It was about monster power. Unless it's a team sport or competition/game, my competition in everything I do is me.