Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    He was a rebel, who was punished for his rebelliousness with death, but in this death, he also saved all mankind from the totalitarianism of satan, both by his supernatural sacrifice and his example to live in rebellion against the worldly powers of darkness.
    You are really hurting Jayson...honestly. That's so far from reality it's nausiating.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You are really hurting Jayson...honestly. That's so far from reality it's nausiating.
    Well get a pukebag, cuz it's the truth. Your noahide vision of subservience to worldly powers is the antithesis of christ's message.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Well get a pukebag, cuz it's the truth. Your noahide vision of subservience to worldly powers is the antithesis of christ's message.
    lol What I have said which is noahide-ish? You've not really quoted ANY scripture to back up your delusions, have you? Course, the bible (when it doesn't agree with YOU ) is unreliable at best, anyway....Jasin, you're in my prayers...because I wonder if God Himself can drill down through your insecurities and lies and pride and make you see Him.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    lol What I have said which is noahide-ish? You've not really quoted ANY scripture to back up your delusions, have you? Jasin, you're in my prayers...because I wonder if God Himself can drill down through your insecurities and lies and pride and make you see Him.
    You're in prayers too, as your denials of the reality of the significance of jesus's life and words eludes you to this moment. Peace be with you, dayron.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're an incoherent imbecile.

Translation:

I can't answer Yurt. I am imbecile but will call him one because I can't answer a simple question, nor respond in an intelligent manner.

Are you nothing but insults? Do you have substance? If you have substance, point out exactly what I said that makes me incoherent, not some bald statement. Any fool can do that. Of course you already know that...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Translation:

I can't answer Yurt. I am imbecile but will call him one because I can't answer a simple question, nor respond in an intelligent manner.

Are you nothing but insults? Do you have substance? If you have substance, point out exactly what I said that makes me incoherent, not some bald statement. Any fool can do that. Of course you already know that...

You still have yet to make a point. I made one of your points for you. You acted like you won something, and are still stuggling for coherence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You still have yet to make a point. I made one of your points for you. You acted like you won something, and are still stuggling for coherence.
    Again with the point issue. Try not deflecting and answering.

Here is the point, after this, there is no excuse.

You said:

When did jesus say "Everything paul says will be correct"? Really. show me

My "answer" to you all along has been when did anyone say that everything, everything Jesus says will be correct? When, where.

Answer it. Because, my POINT is:

Your premise "must" mean that unless someone says "everything 'Jesus' says will be correct...." then 'paul' is not right. You make this claim about Paul, but can not back it up with any claim about Jesus.

Hence, are you following me, I hope so:

your claim about Paul is doublespeak or worthless. Makeup your mind.

My point is clear, has been, if you choose to muddy the waters further, it is on your head, not mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You said:

My "answer" to you all along has been when did anyone say that everything, everything Jesus says will be correct? When, where.

Your premise "must" mean that unless someone says "everything 'Jesus' says will be correct...." then 'paul' is not right. You make this claim about Paul, but can not back it up with any claim about Jesus.

My point is clear, has been, if you choose to muddy the waters further, it is on your head, not mine.

You're a retard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You said:

I'm confused---are you saying that since there are no words in the Bible that actually say "everything that Jesus said is the truth" or "everything Paul said is the truth" that to challenge what Paul said is challenging what Jesus said too ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I'm confused---are you saying that since there are no words in the Bible that actually say "everything that Jesus said is the truth" or "everything Paul said is the truth" that to challenge what Paul said is challenging what Jesus said too ?
    I think you nailed it!

It's what we call "black and white", or "all or nothing" thinking. Either you accept every sentiment expressed by everyone in the bible, or you must reject that it even basically accurately portrays the major events of jesus's life.
    It's what we call in professional circles a "load".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you nailed it!

It's what we call "black and white", or "all or nothing" thinking. Either you accept every sentiment expressed by everyone in the bible, or you must reject that it even basically accurately portrays the major events of jesus's life.
    It's what we call in professional circles a "load".
    What if you think the Bible is neither completely accurate or completely inaccurate but that it's message is most likely muddled and/or exaggerated or watered down due to it's having been written down from memory years, even centuries after the events it describes actually occurred by people who had no association with its characters other than blind faith as well as its being translated multiple times through many languages as well as its contents having been voted on by several different councils such as the one at Nicea as well as its having been edited with some parts omitted by these councils because those parts didn't mesh with what they thought should be the proper image of Jesus as well as its having the events it describes embellished upon by its writers who obtained its stories from a centuries-old verbal history as well as its having an uncanny resemblance to mythical stories from other cultures such as the "Epic of Gilgamesh," the story of Osiris and Isis, etc. What if you take these things into account when considering the authenticity of the Bible as "God's complete, unadulterated word?" Oh yeah, what about the Koran? There are a few people who think maybe it's "God's complete, unadulterated word." What about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    What if you think the Bible is neither completely accurate or completely inaccurate but that it's message is most likely muddled and/or exaggerated or watered down due to it's having been written down from memory years, even centuries after the events it describes actually occurred by people who had no association with its characters other than blind faith as well as its being translated multiple times through many languages as well as its contents having been voted on by several different councils such as the one at Nicea as well as its having been edited with some parts omitted by these councils because those parts didn't mesh with what they thought should be the proper image of Jesus as well as its having the events it describes embellished upon by its writers who obtained its stories from a centuries-old verbal history as well as its having an uncanny resemblance to mythical stories from other cultures such as the "Epic of Gilgamesh," the story of Osiris and Isis, etc. What if you take these things into account when considering the authenticity of the Bible as "God's complete, unadulterated word?" Oh yeah, what about the Koran? There are a few people who think maybe it's "God's complete, unadulterated word." What about them?

Yes, well, my thread really isn't about this. From a literary point of view, the character of jesus as presented in the biblical narrative possesses the quality of rebelliousness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus was a rebel. The corruption of the faith began even as early as paul. All major denominations today have been corrupted by freemasons into noahide jew worshipping houses of apostasy.
    Where is your evidence of the "corruption of the faith" that early in church history? Where are the Christians who 'really' follow Christ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Where is your evidence of the "corruption of the faith" that early in church history? Where are the Christians who 'really' follow Christ?

Paul added teachings that jesus obviously would have disagreed with. Like his little power appeaser speech about all government being respected. You obviously don't believe that either, or you would have been against toppling saddam's government. Sometimes evil is in power and in that scenario, we should not honor that government.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Paul added teachings that jesus obviously would have disagreed with.
    You mean, that in your 2000-years-hence estimation, that Jesus would have disagreed with? Remember, Jesus appeared to Paul numerous times. Why would Paul intentionally misrepresent the messages of Christ when He repeatly appeared to him?

Like his little power appeaser speech about all government being respected. You obviously don't believe that either, or you would have been against toppling saddam's government. Sometimes evil is in power and in that scenario, we should not honor that government.
    You are misinterpreting that passage. The context is that all citizens should respect the government to which they are subject. Nothing in the Bible prevents wars between governments.