Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    We're not talking about dropping acid sassy.
    what are you talking about???

In 1960 a medical debate raged over the polio vaccine. In 1954 Dr. Jonas Salk had produced a killed-virus vaccine that was administered by injection and was 90 percent effective. The vaccine seemed relatively safe and cheap. Then in 1955 Dr. Albert B. Sabin of the University of Cincinnati produced a live-virus vaccine that was placed on a sugar cube and eaten, rather than injected.

http://www.enotes.com/1960-medicine-...lio-sugar-cube
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    what are you talking about???
    It was a joke. As though you took acid... you're more the peyote button type.

Interestingly the Sabin oral vaccine (OPV), a live, but weakened viral vaccine, was more effective at preventing the contagious spread of the wild polio virus. But something like 1 in 2.5M actually developed polio, and the wild virus has been eradicated from the western hemisphere; so the OPV is only used in countries where polio is still prevalent.http://www.vaccineinformation.org/polio/qandavax.asp
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On one hand I understand schools wanting children to get vaccinated but it seems like things have spun out of control, like so many other things in California.
    Like others, I think back to my days in school and I was never required to get vaccinated. Nobody contracted any diseases and nobody died from some strange illness in all my years at school. So, really, what is all the fuss about?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

if Their kids are vaccinated why are they afraid of kids who aren't?
    Don't the vaccines work?
    if so what's the problem? All of the compliant folks are safe, only the rebels are at risk, of there own will. Parents should be free to do what they feel is in their kids best interest where medication is concerned. And if they pay for public education they shouldn't be denied it. IMO.

The number of vaccines in the 1950's that was recommended was 5, now its 15 - 24+ required depending on where you live. People have been questioning the number and the efficacy for years. Some medical professional recommend not taking vaccines. the State has no right to mandate drugs. Can someone please show me that provision in the constitution of the U.S or any state?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    if Their kids are vaccinated why are they afraid of kids who aren't?
    Don't the vaccines work?
    if so what's the problem? All of the compliant folks are safe, only the rebels are at risk, of there own will. Parents should be free to do what they feel is in their kids best interest where medication is concerned. And if they pay for public education they shouldn't be denied it. IMO.

The number of vaccines in the 1950's that was recommended was 5, now its 15 - 24+ required depending on where you live. People have been questioning the number and the efficacy for years. Some medical professional recommend not taking vaccines. the State has no right to mandate drugs. Can someone please show me that provision in the constitution of the U.S or any state?

That's because you don't know what you're talking about. Polio was eradicated becuase EVERYONE here had to be vaccinated. If a few had chose not to, we'd still have cases of polio. Plus when some people get a virus it will mutate and learn to get around vaccinations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=17273267

I never had shots as a kid because of the religions my parents were I had exempt cards.
    Yeah, that's because schools are insanely paranoid now, and if you're not vaccinated then might.... get sick!!!!!
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    That's because you don't know what you're talking about. Polio was eradicated becuase EVERYONE here had to be vaccinated. If a few had chose not to, we'd still have cases of polio. Plus when some people get a virus it will mutate and learn to get around vaccinations.
    Like I said there are medical pros who question the efficacy of vaccines, even polio. You'd have to look at the details to see what i mean there, but if want to believe the generic polio story and and not look any deeper, no problem but don't assume I'm just talking outta my arse. not this time any way.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Maybe not so safe, maybe not so Effective:

From vaccinationdebate.com website

Take a look at some of the historical data below showing various vaccination programs and the outbreak of that very disease either immediately to several years later.

In 1871-2, England, with 98% of the population aged between 2 and 50 vaccinated against smallpox, it experienced its worst ever smallpox outbreak with 45,000 deaths. During the same period in Germany, with a vaccination rate of 96%, there were over 125,000 deaths from smallpox. (The Hadwen Documents)

- In Germany, compulsory mass vaccination against diphtheria commenced in 1940 and by 1945 diphtheria cases were up from 40,000 to 250,000. (Don`t Get Stuck, Hannah Allen)

- In the USA in 1960, two virologists discovered that both polio vaccines were contaminated with the SV 40 virus which causes cancer in animals as well as changes in human cell tissue cultures. Millions of children had been injected with these vaccines. (Med Jnl of Australia 17/3/1973 p555)

- In 1967, Ghana was declared measles free by the World Health Organisation after 96% of its population was vaccinated. In 1972, Ghana experienced one of its worst measles outbreaks with its highest ever mortality rate. (Dr H Albonico, MMR Vaccine Campaign in Switzerland, March 1990)

- In the UK between 1970 and 1990, over 200,000 cases of whooping cough occurred in fully vaccinated children. (Community Disease Surveillance Centre, UK)

- In the 1970`s a tuberculosis vaccine trial in India involving 260,000 people revealed that more cases of TB occurred in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. (The Lancet 12/1/80 p73)

- In 1977, Dr Jonas Salk, who developed the first polio vaccine, testified along with other scientists that mass inoculation against polio was the cause of most polio cases throughout the USA since 1961. (Science 4/4/77 "Abstracts" )

- In 1978, a survey of 30 States in the US revealed that more than half of the children who contracted measles had been adequately vaccinated. (The People`s Doctor, Dr R Mendelsohn)

- In 1979, Sweden abandoned the whooping cough vaccine due to its ineffectiveness. Out of 5,140 cases in 1978, it was found that 84% had been vaccinated three times! (BMJ 283:696-697, 1981)

-The February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine.

- In the USA, the cost of a single DPT shot had risen from 11 cents in 1982 to $11.40 in 1987. The manufacturers of the vaccine were putting aside $8 per shot to cover legal costs and damages they were paying out to parents of brain damaged children and children who died after vaccination. (The Vine, Issue 7, January 1994, Nambour, Qld)

- In Oman between 1988 and 1989, a polio outbreak occurred amongst thousands of fully vaccinated children. The region with the highest attack rate had the highest vaccine coverage. The region with the lowest attack rate had the lowest vaccine coverage. (The Lancet, 21/9/91)

- In 1990, a UK survey involving 598 doctors revealed that over 50% of them refused to have the Hepatitis B vaccine despite belonging to the high risk group urged to be vaccinated. (British Med Jnl, 27/1/1990)
    - In 1990, the Journal of the American Medical Association had an article on measles which stated, "Although more than 95% of school-aged children in the US are vaccinated against measles, large measles outbreaks continue to occur in schools and most cases in this setting occur among previously vaccinated children." (JAMA, 21/11/90)

- In the USA, from July 1990 to November 1993, the US Food and Drug Administration counted a total of 54,072 adverse reactions following vaccination. The FDA admitted that this number represented only 10% of the real total, because most doctors were refusing to report vaccine injuries. In other words, adverse reactions for this period exceeded half a million! (National Vaccine Information Centre, March 2, 1994)
    - In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue a study found that over 80% of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.

- On November 2nd, 2000, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) announced that its members voted at their 57th annual meeting in St Louis to pass a resolution calling for an end to mandatory childhood vaccines. The resolution passed without a single "no" vote. (Report by Michael Devitt)

From NaturalNews website

Scientific evidence links vaccinations to chronic fatigue, autoimmune disorders, aids, learning disabilities, and other health problems.
    Viera Scheibner notes that the annual death rate in Europe prior to 1940 from diphtheria was "negligible (less than 300 deaths per million)." After this date, when mass vaccinations against the disease were begun, "unprecedented" diphtheria epidemics followed in "fully vaccinated subjects." Mass vaccinations against tetanus and whooping cough also began in many countries in the 1940s, and were followed by outbreaks of the "so-called provocation poliomyelitis.
    - Conscious Health: A Complete Guide to Wellness Through Natural Means by Ron Garner

Childhood vaccinations may also be one element that contributes to allergy, in a way that is similar to the mechanisms of the hygiene hypothesis. The vaccinations that prevent childhood illnesses may actually be making children more vulnerable to allergic disorders, by changing the natural function of their immune systems. Specifically, the vaccinations appear to make kids` immune systems too Th-2 skewed, with a relative deficit of Th-1 activity.
    - Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders by Kenneth Bock....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Rev --"Not in the Constitution"...save that card for when it matters most.

Should we have open cesspits too? Communicable disease is now, as it has always been since the dawn of civilization, an ongoing threat to public health; and that certainly falls under the scope of State authority. Besides, they allow exemptions for religious/ personal beliefs; so I don't see how nanny-state complaints hold much water here. There certainly are problems associated with vaccinations, but what is the alternative-- let nature run it's course, history provides us with grim examples--
    • Plague of Justinian, from 541 to 750, killed between 50% and 60% of Europe's population.[15]
    • The Black Death of 1347 to 1352 killed 25 million in Europe over 5 years (estimated to be between 25 and 50% of the populations of Europe, Asia, and Africa - the world population at the time was 500 million).
    • The introduction of smallpox, measles, and typhus to the areas of Central and South America by European explorers during the 15th and 16th centuries caused pandemics among the native inhabitants. Between 1518 and 1568 disease pandemics are said to have caused the population of Mexico to fall from 20 million to 3 million.[16]
    • The first European influenza epidemic occurred between 1556 and 1560, with an estimated mortality rate of 20%.[16]
    • Smallpox killed an estimated 60 million Europeans during the 18th century[17] (approximately 400,000 per year).[18] Up to 30% of those infected, including 80% of the children under 5 years of age, died from the disease, and one third of the survivors went blind.[19]
    • In the 19th century, tuberculosis killed an estimated one-quarter of the adult population of Europe;[20] by 1918 one in six deaths in France were still caused by TB.
    • The Influenza Pandemic of 1918 (or the Spanish Flu) killed 25-50 million people (about 2% of world population of 1.7 billion).[21] Today Influenza kills about 250,000 to 500,000 worldwide each year.
    -wiki

Vaccinations do far more good than harm. How many people do you know that have contracted smallpox or polio???

The resounding truth is Vaccinations save lives, examples to the contrary are slim in comparison.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Rev --"Not in the Constitution"...save that card for when it matters most.

Should we have open cesspits too? Communicable disease is now, as it has always been since the dawn of civilization, an ongoing threat to public health; and that certainly falls under the scope of State authority. Besides, they allow exemptions for religious/ personal beliefs; so I don't see how nanny-state complaints hold much water here. There certainly are problems associated with vaccinations, but what is the alternative-- let nature run it's course, history provides us with grim examples--
    -wiki

Vaccinations do far more good than harm. How many people do you know that have contracted smallpox or polio???

The resounding truth is Vaccinations save lives, examples to the contrary are slim in comparison.
    I'd say the constitution matters when the Gov't wants to FORCE me to take drugs OR ELSE.
    No one's advocating open sewers or against some standards for public health but Injecting me and my kids crosses the line. Quarantine me if I've got something but Forced PREVENTION with medically debatable drugs doesn't smell like freedom to me. Your faith in Vaccines may be strong but mine is not. We are both willing to bear different risk.

SAFETY from a possible-maybe-oneday threat is no cause to usurp the "right to my body" as it were. Just like the cops don't have a right to put a tap on your phone because you MIGHT one day talk to a terrorist, BECAUSE IT SAVES LIVES.

I've been reading outside the box again on the history of Vaccines and I'm still debating the issue myself but at this point I'm not convinced vaccines have done exactly as historically advertised.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I'd say the constitution matters when the Gov't wants to FORCE me to take drugs OR ELSE.
    No one's advocating open sewers or against some standards for public health but Injecting me and my kids crosses the line. Quarantine me if I've got something but Forced PREVENTION with medically debatable drugs doesn't smell like freedom to me. Your faith in Vaccines may be strong but mine is not. We are both willing to bear different risk.

SAFETY from a possible-maybe-oneday threat is no cause to usurp the "right to my body" as it were. Just like the cops don't have a right to put a tap on your phone because you MIGHT one day talk to a terrorist, BECAUSE IT SAVES LIVES.

I've been reading outside the box again on the history of Vaccines and I'm still debating the issue myself but at this point I'm not convinced vaccines have done exactly as historically advertised.
    Both my daughter had the required vaccines, and regular Doctor checkups since I am no religion and it's the law. However you did make a good point Rev, when you said if other people have been vaccinated then they should also be protected anyway from people who have not been vaccinated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both my daughter had the required vaccines, and regular Doctor checkups since I am no religion and it's the law. However you did make a good point Rev, when you said if other people have been vaccinated then they should also be protected anyway from people who have not been vaccinated.
    vaccinations only work if everyone, or as near as we can get, get vaccinated. Otherwise , why bother?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

vaccinations only work if everyone, or as near as we can get, get vaccinated. Otherwise , why bother?
    Oh is it only children that have to be vaccinated by law? I don't know much about all that medical stuff. If adults are not required to get them can't they infect other adults in work spaces?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh is it only children that have to be vaccinated by law? I don't know much about all that medical stuff. If adults are not required to get them can't they infect other adults in work spaces?
    Schools have required vaccinations for like the last 40 years so I think by now we can assume that most adults have been vaccinated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Schools have required vaccinations for like the last 40 years so I think by now we can assume that most adults have been vaccinated.
    so the some who haven't like my sister aren't any big threat if all the rest have been vaccinated.