Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palin Rider View Post
    That's where your logic breaks down. Do you have any control over who you're attracted to? Of course not.

That doesn't necessarily mean you were born to become attracted to certain types of people, but it definitely shows that it's not "learned" behavior.
    We all have control and we all learn it over many years from the day we are born. We are constantly learning by our environments, families, friends, schools, parents... Absent proof of something physical/biological - it must be learned, or one must be of the belief that there is a "gay gene" or deformity within queers that the entire worlds worth of doctors and scientists cannot identify. I'll ask you the same as I asked MM - show me another "defect" or something that people are born with that cannot be identified. Cancer, leukemia, dwarfism, blood disorder, tumor... All can be identified by the medical community. Being a faggot can only be identified by their deviant behavior.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    We all have control and we all learn it over many years from the day we are born. We are constantly learning by our environments, families, friends, schools, parents... Absent proof of something physical/biological - it must be learned,
    Did you learn to be sexually attracted to some people and not to others? Of course not: it's an involuntary response, which is purely physical.

I'll ask you the same as I asked MM - show me another "defect" or something that people are born with that cannot be identified. Cancer, leukemia, dwarfism, blood disorder, tumor... All can be identified by the medical community. Being a faggot can only be identified by their deviant behavior.
    So what are you saying? That a homosexual who marries a woman and has sex with her to cover up being gay isn't really a homo?
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Did you learn to be sexually attracted to some people and not to others? Of course not: it's an involuntary response, which is purely physical.
    Through my upbringing, surroundings, lifestyle, parenting, friends, schooling - yes, I learned what normal people are like and how they are supposed to act. I didn't get sexually excited when I was 2 - it was something that came later in life as I learned about sexual activity.

Let's assume for a minute that you are born on an island only inhabited by men, and you're male yourself. All the men on the island are homosexuals. But you are "born that way" liking women. You'd yearn for the female sex, since it's biological?

So what are you saying? That a homosexual who marries a woman and has sex with her to cover up being gay isn't really a homo?
    No, I'm saying that there are no physical/biological features in which to identify faggots. If you think you can find what the worlds doctors/scientists cannot, feel free to share with us.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some would say the same about drug addicts, alcoholics, murderers... Seems like they are "defective", but they sure as shit weren't born that way, they learned their behaviors and acted on impulse.

Again, and open to EVERYONE, I'd be happy to see the proof that any of the thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors and scientists have come up with to show that queers are "born that way". If its a defect as you say, MM, then surely this defect can be identified. That's logic 101.
    How much more identification of a defect do you need than same-gender-sexual attraction? This argument that the defect doesn't exist because you can't see it on an X-ray is highly amusing.
    Last edited by Missileman; 02-26-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is only "true" if you buy into the liberal stupidity that creates the stereotypical dipstickery that is the basis of such tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Trufax are true

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    How much more identification of a defect do you need than same-gender-sexual attraction? This argument that the defect doesn't exist because you can't see it on an X-ray is highly amusing.
    I find it amusing that you continue to ignore requests for proof and blindly proclaim something exists. The only thing defective is their upbringings, parenting, schooling, friendships & most of all their lifestyle choices.

But following your logic...

I guess you also believe in God or another deity. I mean, one need not have any proof, or the ability to actually prove something, for it to exist, right? The fact that things happen that scientists cannot explain proves this logic, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I find it amusing that you continue to ignore requests for proof and blindly proclaim something exists. The only thing defective is their upbringings, parenting, schooling, friendships & most of all their lifestyle choices.

But following your logic...

I guess you also believe in God or another deity. I mean, one need not have any proof, or the ability to actually prove something, for it to exist, right? The fact that things happen that scientists cannot explain proves this logic, right?
    The same gender attraction IS the defect...I don't have to proclaim it exists...it does. Or maybe you'd like to argue that there's no such thing as a homosexual and perfectly normal heterosexuals are engaging in homo sex for shits and giggles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Through my upbringing, surroundings, lifestyle, parenting, friends, schooling - yes, I learned what normal people are like and how they are supposed to act. I didn't get sexually excited when I was 2 - it was something that came later in life as I learned about sexual activity.
    My point is that no man alive can learn how to control who gets him hard and who doesn't. Any guy who claims otherwise is full of it.

Let's assume for a minute that you are born on an island only inhabited by men, and you're male yourself. All the men on the island are homosexuals. But you are "born that way" liking women. You'd yearn for the female sex, since it's biological?
    You couldn't yearn for something that you aren't aware exists. But if the other men on the island encouraged you to have homo sex, you'd probably find it preferable to masturbation. (shrug)

No, I'm saying that there are no physical/biological features in which to identify faggots. If you think you can find what the worlds doctors/scientists cannot, feel free to share with us.
    Scientists have definitely found a few genetic markers that are "correlative." Meaning that a much higher percentage of people who have the markers live gay lives, compared to the percentage of people without the markers.
    All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know many homosexuals. All of them claim to have known about their "difference" for as long as they knew there was a "difference". Although some have occasional bi-sexual proclivities they all insist homosexual activities are their "true" selves. Jimbo, you go on and on and on about all these thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors that cannot explain homosexuality but you don't admit that those same doctors recognise homosexuality not as any defect or personal insanity or deviance but as who they are and nothing significantly more. Your homophobia is certainly a problem and it can be treated quite successfully if you follow your doctor's advise. I think that is usually just a bit of education and a willingness to end all that wilful ignorance. But, that's just thinking.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    The same gender attraction IS the defect...I don't have to proclaim it exists...it does. Or maybe you'd like to argue that there's no such thing as a homosexual and perfectly normal heterosexuals are engaging in homo sex for shits and giggles.
    Well, we both agree that they are defective. Short of ANY proof, I stand by my stance that their defect is from a life of learning/experiences.

My point is that no man alive can learn how to control who gets him hard and who doesn't. Any guy who claims otherwise is full of it.
    Agreed if it was a one time adult challenge. But we all have to have that "first time" - and I think before that it is years of learning from all the areas I have described, then we learn more, then one day it happens.

You couldn't yearn for something that you aren't aware exists.
    Even if you were born that way? Sounds like you are saying you need interaction with the same sex and life experiences in order to have that yearning.

But if the other men on the island encouraged you to have homo sex, you'd probably find it preferable to masturbation. (shrug)
    Through learned experience and surroundings you believe someone might turn to homo sex? Thanks for unwittingly proving my points.

Scientists have definitely found a few genetic markers that are "correlative." Meaning that a much higher percentage of people who have the markers live gay lives, compared to the percentage of people without the markers.
    Sorry, while I do use Wiki myself often, it's for general facts. Both sides of this argument toss out "paperwork" all over the place that are full of shit. Even Wiki states on another page that family influences and their environment cause many aspects, but I won't use those pages as "proof". Definitive and peer reviewed paperwork is the only acceptable proof on matters such as this. Good luck finding definitive proof that doctors/scientists from across the spectrum agree and approve of - it doesn't exist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Agreed if it was a one time adult challenge. But we all have to have that "first time" - and I think before that it is years of learning from all the areas I have described, then we learn more, then one day it happens.
    Sexually, I am completely turned off by obese women. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing; it's just the way I am. I didn't learn this, nor do I control it.

I strongly doubt that I could become a "Fat-Admirer" just through psychotherapy or any other kind of learning.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sexually, I am completely turned off by obese women. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing; it's just the way I am. I didn't learn this, nor do I control it.

I strongly doubt that I could become a "Fat-Admirer" just through psychotherapy or any other kind of learning.
    Fat bottom women make the world go 'round!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Fat bottom women make the world go 'round!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yeah, I know. I've known some very cool chicks who happened to be fat, and they were fun to hang out with. But friends with benefits? No way.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I know. I've known some very cool chicks who happened to be fat, and they were fun to hang out with. But friends with benefits? No way.
    I've known some rather heavy women that were so entirely interesting that just their company and conversations were plenty, but if something more primitive came up I remained open to suggestions.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Requirement? A church to marry you.